Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Trivia Game  (Read 9371 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2003, 09:49:26 PM »
I thought those would be easy questions for Mario fans.  Since no one seems to know from memory, if you have the different versions of SMB or the ROMs all you have to do is play the first levels.

I will be flying to visit family Saturday.  So, after this question or sometime friday after noon I will pass control of the game onto the person with the highest score or whoever they decide should take it over.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2003, 11:42:37 AM »
Bring this back?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2003, 05:34:37 PM »
Okay, it's back.  I will keep the last questions I asked for a day or maybe two.  If no one else can answer them I will and then start the next question(s).

Score:
Black Mage: 15
Fifth: 21
Marionut#1: 21
Sapphira: 13
Insane Steve: 1
Lizard Dude: 13

Stage 1 Question 8:
What was changed about the flag at the end of the levels in the NES SMB to the SNES SMAS SMB? (2 things - 5 points each)

Bonus:
What was different about the way Mario exited the levels in the above mention version(s) and the SMB Deluxe version? (5 points)

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2003, 05:54:15 PM »
1-8: There's 3 I found.

1. The background is green on the SMAS flag and white on the SMB one.
2. The SMAS flag is flying around in the wind, whilst the SMB flag is motionless.
3. The SMAS flag is pennant shaped, like the "No passing zone" sign, and the SMB one is shaped like an upside down isosceles right triangle. Different shape.

And the Bonus, I didn't see much, but on the DX edition, Mario exited onto an overworld map, which didn't happen in either of the other editions.

If you have any questions on any Mario game for the GameCube, any at all, please keep them AS FAR AWAY from me as possible. I don`t want to look like a total idiot in front of the whole forum. Thanks in advance.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2003, 06:08:46 PM »
Insane Steve is correct on Stage 1 Question 8 for 10 points.  I considered the slight change in the symbol and the change in color of the flag to both be part of the same thing, but since he decribed them in detail separately I will give him 1 bonus point.

For the bonus I was looking at the way Mario gave his victory/peace sign and backed through the door of the castle.  So no more bonus points this round.

Score:
Marionut#1: 21
Insane Steve: 12
Lizard Dude: 13

Stage 1 Question 9:
What ways or methods could Mario use to defeat Bowser in SMB and SMB3? (5 points per game if you get all possible ways)

Bonus:
In SMB the real Bowser was only in World 8-4.  What were the bosses in the other 7 worlds?  (7 points - 1 per world boss)

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2003, 06:13:06 PM »
Lesee..
1. You could run under Bowser and get the Ax
2. You could kill him with Fire balls
3. You could jump on a floating platform and jump over Bowser to get the ax...

SMB3
1. You could Let Bowser pound the floor out from underneath him.
2. You could kill him with hammers...only if you had the hammer brother suit on...

For 2 bonus points...
I cant remember what all the bosses were...but I know that the first one was a goomba and the second one was a koopa troopa...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2003, 06:49:52 PM »
Bowser was real in 8-4....so the others were fake Bowsers!
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2003, 06:51:42 PM »
umm...isnt that what he said?

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2003, 06:34:22 PM »
Fake Bowsers

1. Goomba

2. Koopa Troopa(green)

3. Buzzy Beetle

4. Spiny

5. Lakitu

6. Bloober

7. Hammer Bros.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2003, 09:29:51 PM »
To Marionut#1 I award 10 points for stage 1 question 9 plus, 2 bonus points for the first two fake Bowsers (12 points total).

Lizard Dude gets 6 bonus points for listing all the fake Bowsers and even giving the color of the Koopa Troops.

Score:
Marionut#1: 33
Insane Steve: 12
Lizard Dude: 19

Stage 1 Question 10:
Other than color, what is the difference between green Koopa Troopas and Red Koopa Troopas? (10 points)

Bonus:
What enemy creatures in SMB cannot be killed by stomping on them? (2 points per enemy)

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2003, 09:58:14 PM »
Green Koopa Troopas are "dumb," walking straight off of cliffs and only turning around for walls. Red Koopa Troopas are "smart," turning around for cliffs. Red Koopa Troopas also spit out of Yoshis as fire. Green Koopa Troopas spit as shells.

Un-stompable enemies: Spiny, Podoboo, Bowser, Piranha Plant, Firebar, Spiny Egg

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2003, 06:38:07 AM »
Bonus: Koopas, Paratroopas, Buzzy Beetles can be knocked back into their shells, but they DO come out again, so they're not "killed."
Bowser, Spinys, Spiny Eggs, Piranha Plants, Bloopers, Koopas and Paratroopas can't be (completely) defeated via stomping, but CAN with a Fireball.
Podoboo, Firebar, and Buzzy Beetle can't be defeated, although Buzzy Beetles can be when careened with a shell.

Actual stompable (AND defeated) enemies: Goomba, Hammer Bros. and Cheep Cheep (out of water)

--------------------

Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2003, 02:57:49 PM »
Bloobers out of water can be stomped too.

Print