Print

Author Topic: Jon's Flash Movies  (Read 9473 times)

« on: June 28, 2003, 02:33:39 PM »
Yes! I'm learning Flash to make movies that can go on the Web!!! I'm already working on a project after I recently discovered what I was doing wrong-and now I'm going to make a movie-which is sceduled to be complete by next week!!!
It's my all-time famous-The Mario Rap!!!! Wish me luck as I work real hard!

Oh, yeah, does anyone know of a web service thingy like Geocities where you can build your own website for FREE and can support Flash files? I need a site so I can put up my movies!!!

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 02:41:49 PM »
Oh, and while I'm working on the movie, Mariotendo won't be updated for a while, but it's open again.
I've been working on the site 10 hours each day ever since I started it!!!! I think I'd rather work on a movie for a while.

(Not really 10 hours, but pretty near it)

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 08:31:56 PM »
I, personally would like to know what the heck is up with your signature.
Let us know when you get those flash movies up.

Either way, I''m still a cad! I hate everybody! Yaaarrrgh!
-Wario
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 11:32:19 AM »
Let's see....my sig is just something that I've been saying in General Mario Chat, getting on everyone's nerves, mostly Sapphira's. And when I don't feel like typing up 'backwards pants', I have the sig to cover me^_^.

Let's see, I would have to draw over 100 images and  then put them together........um, maybe less than a week...I'm sort of used to drawing 100 images, and the Flash program makes drawing SO MUCH EASIER!!!!

Thanks for checking this out DK, did you see the button I sent you? I don't have a chance to Instant Message you cuz I'm at my aunt's house and she doesn't like it...

Hey, speaking of instant messaging, I have Windows Messenger. If anyone would like to chat with me, then tell me, k?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 11:35:21 AM »
IM-ing doesn't work anymore for me because of our stupid firewall...which blocks out practically ANY incoming thing from people other than email. Grrrr.... >:(

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 11:48:29 AM »
Do you know what KIND of a firewall it is? I might be able to help-my family and I had a firewall that was so bad, we couldn't get our modem going to get us on the Internet!

We had to get rid of Norton Antivirus or any of those other doohickeys. When I got the IM, I put a thing in the options menu to block all other users 'cept my friend. Other people can't send you anything nor see if you're even online!

Does anyone have a problem with that stupid Messenger Service thing where you have to click OK or push the 'x' on top? They're sort of a baise color. If you want, I'll tell you how to get rid of them!!! Oh and this is not MY product, it's one I found.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 11:57:43 AM »
We have Norton Antivirus, like you mentioned. My dad talked about doing something with it, though, so I'd be able to IM and my brother could play games online with his friend. I haven't heard anything more, though.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 12:03:23 PM »
I heard on the news that Norton Antivirus is beginning to be a rip-off. For one, you SHOULD have access to IM because since you're using a phone line in the house and can block calls, you have THAT for a back-up! And not being able to play online games is a TOTAL RIPOFF! I say, ask your dad or something and say stuff like you want to play games + IM(i know u probably already asked this, but keep reminding him!)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 12:29:28 PM »
 That's quite odd. Norton Anti-Virus shouldn't have a Strong Fire-wall with its default settings. But, if someone's changed it around, it very well may.

If you have a router, although it doesn't sound like you do, that could also be the cause of your firewall. Although, you must have a pretty big fire-wall if you can't even send Instant Messages.

Our Router has a Firewall as well, yet it only affects "Direct Connecting" and "File Transfers" on my AIM and MSN. Ah well, I guess it's a matter for your father.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:09:53 PM by Black Mage »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 01:14:18 PM »
Hmm...We have a router, too...  There's this little black and blue box with 'Linksys' on it...I'm not sure if that's it or not.  I'm more of a software person, not hardware, so I'm not sure what everything is and does.

--------------------

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2003, 03:39:31 PM »
 Heh, it seems you have the same sort of Router I have. Anyways, there is one thing you can do, to see if you can fix this firewall yourself.

Assuming you're running Windows XP, you need to find the "My Network Places" icon on your desktop. Next, right click the icon, and go to "Properties."

Depending on your connection, you should see one icon. I have "Local Area Connection" (LAN), but if you have dial up, or DSL, I'm unsure as to what it will be called.

After finding this icon, right click on it. Then go to "Properties," once more. When the box comes up, go to the "Advanced" tab. Here, you should see "Internet Connection Firewall," and a box under it. To rid yourself of this firewall, you must Un-check this box.

Now, since you do have a router, I would assume you have two computers. You should do this on both of them.

Also, if you aren't running Windows XP, I'm unsure as to if there will be an "Advanced" Tab in the properites box. If that is the case, I don't have a solution.

I had to go through the same situation. ^^;

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2003, 04:19:02 PM »
I think the problem may be your Linksys router. I have the same problem, except not as bad. All my computers use Linksys wireless network cards, and they way these work causes strange things. Each computer on the router doesn't have its own IP, they all share the same one under the one modem. So how does a message sent to that IP know which computer it goes to? Under a normal router, the answer is by a port number included with the IP. But the Linksys cards have problems with port numbers, and from what I can see, the port number CHANGES every time you connect to another IP(i.e. visit another website, play another online game, etc.). So if the message is sent to the port number your computer originally had and it changed, what choice does the router have but to throw away the message since it doesn't know where to deliver it?
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2003, 04:26:04 PM »
I have a DSL connection.
I realize I could probably easily find a way to turn it off, but I don't want to mess up anything my dad set up.
Oh yeah, and unfortunately, my parents gave me a 'Limited account,' so I can't change any of the stuff. I can't even change the darn clock, for crying out loud! >:(

I'll ask him again about the firewall.

--------------------

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2003, 05:02:07 PM »
Turn it off? I also have DSL, and I know you can't just "turn off" DSL and it magically turns into dial-up. Turn off your DSL and you can't connect to the Internet, simple as that. If the reason is because the account your dad set up for you is so restrictive it doesn't even allow IMs, just hack down the firewall. There are plenty of articles on the Internet that tell you how to break firewalls.

"Limited account" you say? Just ask your dad who knows more about computers, you or him, and maybe he'll loosen up ;)

Edited by - CashCrazed on 6/29/2003 4:04:03 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2003, 05:31:48 PM »
I was referring to "turning off" the firewall, not the DSL modem. XD

The reason my parents made my account limited is because they wanted to be able to control my password to lock me out as a punishment when I get in trouble, and be able to control the times I'm on. If I were still an administrator, I could easily change my password on them if they changed it.

Part of the reason this whole password thing started is 'cuz when we were all admins, my brother discovered the "changing other people's passwords" secret and decided to change mine. I went into my mom's account (which had no password then), and changed mine back. I then changed HIS as revenge and made his account limited. I almost did the same for my parents, so he couldn't get into theirs and change it back, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, I was considerate of them.
My brother then proceeded to change MY password, limit MY account, make himself and my parents admins, then change their passwords so I couldn't go fix it. Grr...that's what *I* almost had done to HIM, but decided to be nice! Anyway, he got in trouble, and both of us were given limited accounts (and my parents got their own better passwords) so that wouldn't happen again.

lol. Sorry 'bout the long story. XD
If I hack into the computer, my parents will never trust me again with it. Anyway, it's not that big of a deal. My dad said he'd try and do something about it anyway.

"Just ask your dad who knows more about computers, you or him, and maybe he'll loosen up ;)"
--Well...it doesn't help what with him being a computer programmer/analyst and all. ;P  He's more coding knowledgable whereas I'm more PC.

--------------------

Print