Print

Author Topic: If no one watches the Pokemon T.V. show, why is it still on the air?  (Read 14454 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2004, 07:30:20 PM »
Kirby and Pokemon aren't Anime, they are Japanimation.

Anime is much more violent and action like and not for kids.....Well, most. DBZ is a great example of an anime that has been seriously butchered by Cartoon Network's Toonami.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2004, 07:34:38 PM »
My favorite anime movie is Little Nemo.  Y'know, with King Morpheus and Icarus the squirrel, and the princess.

A day without sunshine is like night.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2004, 07:43:02 PM »
Vidgmchtr: Don't talk about things when you don't know what you're talking about.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 09:49:38 AM »
Yeah, Japanimation is anime.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 09:49:52 AM »
Well, I don't see why you dislike the added characters, I mean, if a new show comes on (let's just say Spongebob, whether you like it or not), are you just not going to like it because you don't know any of the characters? I mean, the Kirby show added characters, yet so many plots did center around already Kirby characters (now I can tell no one here's played Kirby Superstar). I mean, when you really think about it, it's not like Kirby has the "widest variety" of characters. I understand if you don't like it just for... whatever, but I will get angry if it's just because of the added characters.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2004, 03:55:43 PM »
Can anybody predict how much longer this show is going to run?  If they keep finding new things to try and attract viewers, it might run several years longer than "The Simpsons" or "Cheers" (in its 16th season, and 11 seasons from 1982-1993, respectivley).

-Making your way in the world today really takes everything you''ve got!-

Edited by - marioseeker on 4/23/2004 2:56:11 PM

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004, 04:11:36 PM »
Do the Mario!, what I mean is that Spongebob is an original show.  Therefore, if new characters are added, so what?  Now with the Kirby show, the characters are SUPPOSED to be from the game, but sometimes, they're not.  Also, a lot of the characters are from the game as you said, but somewhat twisted to fit the show.  Get what I mean?

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004, 03:15:10 PM »
BTW, what difference would it make if the show was dubbed by some other company (DiC, Funamation, etc)?

"Now go home and eat some vegetables!  Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2004, 04:54:18 PM »
Well, I'm saying that you can just think of Kirby like a new show but just imagine as if all the characters from Kirby were just added in there. I mean, if you think of it differently that way, than I've pretty much made my point. If not, meh, I don't think I can convince you. =/

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2004, 04:48:44 PM »
Ok, lets get back on topic...
What I was talking about in my last post, was that I wanted to know about any differences that the Pokémon TV show would make if it was dubbed by some other company.  Whenever I use a generic-sounding word, I mean it as it relates to the original topic post.

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

Edited by - marioseeker on 4/26/2004 4:18:41 PM

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2004, 04:55:33 PM »
probably a little different, but not much. But still a lot different from the Japan version. I heard that with some episodes, they even rewrite the whole story. I wish I knew Japanese...

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 05:10:01 PM »
I believe that if some other company dealt with a Pokémon TV show, they would probably make big changes to the characters (like DiC did with Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda)

-Taking a break from all your worries would most definiety help a lot!-

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 03:54:11 PM »
Oh, and another thing.  When the main group went into the Orange Islands, Brock left to work with [Brock doesn't want to hear that name], and Tracey took his place, but Brock came back before Johto.  Before Ash started Hoenn, Misty left to go back to Cerulean, and a new trainer in Hoenn, May, took over.
According to TV Tome:
OFFICIAL NEWS!
Kids WB! has CONFIRMED that season 7 of Pokemon WILL air as part of their 2004-2005 season fall schedule. Kids WB! will air a confirmed 52 episodes for season 7, Saturdays at 10am.
It seems as this show has no ending to it. It also looks like the Hoenn adventure will take twice, maybe three times as long as Johto did. As of May 2004, there are already 355 epiosdes in Japan.

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2004, 06:57:41 PM »
How dare you tell me I've never played Kirby Super Star! Don't assume things that you have no factual data to back it up with. I own the game and have had it since I was a wee little kid.

Even though many enemies from the game are in the cartoon, they give them different names and make up ridiculous plots for the characters.
Ie: Bugzy not looking anything like the real thing and using swords.

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2004, 03:27:43 PM »
Let's not get off topic again...

Print