Print

Author Topic: Your most embarrasing losses  (Read 2015 times)

« on: August 10, 2003, 05:45:50 PM »
What is your most embarrasing loss at a game against someone?

For me: Killer Instinct for the SNES.

My mom's fav. character was Orchid, and I have to admit, she's a pretty good gamer.

I was Riptor, he rulez! In round 1, I was thrashing insanely, I was busting cool moves all over her, and she was beaten up pretty badly. But in Round 2, things got a little hairy...

It was like someone had switched my mom from easy mode to SUPER KICK SERIOUS BUTT mode! She suddenly got a serious look on her face, and before I knew it, she beat me SO QUICKLY that my dad, sis, and bro started laughing horribly and my face went so horribly red.

I was beaten by my MOM (Eek!), AND she kicked me off the tower we were fighting on!!
NINTENDO: 100 pts. XBOX: ZIP

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 05:52:43 PM »
I was playing MK against my brother Nick, who's like the best at Battle.  We were in Block Fort, and he beat me every time, two balloons to spare.  Then we were both down to one balloon each, and I HAD A RED SHELL!  I accidentally drove past him, but I fired anyway.  He was right behind me, and the shell turned around and hit ME!  Everyone was laughing at me, and I was SOOOOOOOO Mad!

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 05:58:43 PM »
Didn't you post that in "Game experiences you want to forget"?

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/10/2003 5:20:29 PM
Deezer was here.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 08:08:50 PM »
Yes, I have OCD. Just kidding.

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 10:42:20 AM »
At Mario Party 4, I lost to a guy who had said more than once in the game, "Where's the A Button again?"

Might I add: Insane Steve once lost at Mario Party 2 to a 3-year-old and two Easy AIs.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 11:39:51 AM »
I tried to jump on the first goomba in SMB, and well... I missed...
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 12:42:41 PM »
 Before this past weekend, I had never posted anything in topics of these sorts, mainly as I couldn't think of any such defeats. I mean, that's not to say I don't lose, that's not what I mean at all. I just don't usually play with people whom I don't know.

Well, anyways, at Otakon, there was a Super Smash Brothers (That's right no ' like I posted in Club '86) Melee tournament. It seemed to be very interesting, as anytime when the tournament wasn't going on, there were machines set up for free play.

I had been practicing for this tourney for a little while now. Not knowing what the tournament rules were, before hand, left a lot of people in disarray. One would assume, Stock would be the chosen setup, and few items would be used.

That wasn't the case however. It was a 4-player Free For All, 5 minutes Time, and all items, excluding any sort of healing item, Stars and Hammers.

Now, I'm no fan of Time Battles, as it's not quite the show of skill, however, I figured I'd do alright.

By now, you must know where this is going, simply by looking at the thread this is posted in. I won't hide it, I lost the first round.

That's not quite what was so embarrassing. In the match, we were stationed in Pokémon Stadium, not a bad level. I had, of course, chosen Marth. I had a bit of practice before hand, and matched an excellent Fox player the night before. Well, my opponents were a Green Link, a White Link, and a Black Link. Heh, Link, Link, Marth, Link. What fun. All I can say is it was an Up + B mad-house. Well, my actual opponents were two guys whom were 17 and 19, and right next to me, the Green Link, was a young boy who couldn't have been more than 12.

Yeah, once again, you know where this is going, but I'll continue anyway.

Oddly enough, I had played the young kid earlier, during Free Play. I had no problem, in fact, the only times I really had lost during free-play was when I played that Fox player. Oh, and I had done a team battle, to which I had lost as well.

Well anyways, the kid didn't worry me. However, I don't use Marth very well in a Timed FFA. I tend to Combo over and over. The problem with this is, Combos aren’t' usually finishers, and so, they only rack up damage until I can Smash them off with Marth's Forward Smash attack, or Spike them down. However, this becomes rather difficult with a third Link running at you, jumping, landing near the "Comboees", as I call them, and then using Link's Up+B. That's no fun.

Either way, I lost to that young boy. He beat me by 3 kills. I believe he had +4, and I only had +1.

It happens, I guess. >>;

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 06:27:34 PM »
I...stink at fighting games. Street Fighter, Teken, Mortal Kombat, all of them. So It's not really a surprise when I lose pitifully to ANY of my friends. But once I lost a round of super smash brothers (the original), which is the only fighter I can play without hurting myself, to a 9(8 at the time)year old. I wish I had some excuse or reason but really, He was just better than me. anyway, despite that I love fighting games, it does not take more than the intelligence of a rock to anihalate me.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print