Print

Author Topic: Forum discussion  (Read 8885 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 11:34:17 AM »
I'll pretty much follow Chupperson Weird, Sapphira, Black Mage, those kind of people.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 05:27:13 PM »
Sapph: If we get a new forum, we'd either archive this board, or migrate all the threads to the new one.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 09:42:15 PM »
Hmm...

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 11:07:07 PM »
I can't stand this!
Why even bother when this board works fine?!
Just leave it and ignore jon's dissatisfaction! Why are you all of a sudden gung ho on a new board just because jon brought it up? EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL JON DID THIS.
Archive the forum: It's dead.
Move the topics: It's not the Fungi Forums anymore.

I beg you. Leave the boards as they are.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 11:26:53 PM »
I agree with Chupp on this topic, but most of you already new that.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2003, 09:09:04 PM »
>Why even bother when this board works fine?!
Because it doesn't

>Just leave it and ignore jon's dissatisfaction!
I am ignoring jon.  This has nothing to do with his requests.
>Move the topics: It's not the Fungi Forums anymore.
Why not?  If it looks nearly identical, without all the server problems, what's the issue?

Case in point: Searches still don't work

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2003, 12:27:00 AM »
I think by "works," he means that the server "problems" of not being able to ban and all the special powers really have no effect on the fun we have here and the meaningful or spirited or wacky discussions that we create. I'd argue that the server problems have made the forums more interesting and more fun at times. Please don't confuse technological working with working working.

As long as this server remains, don't change our forums.

Don't kill the magic.

For us?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2003, 10:39:24 PM »
You can't get something - whatever this board has - on new forums. It's just special like that. Please. Don't force something on us that we don't want just because it's not the newest hunk o' junk on the Internet. If the people don't want it, don't do it just because you want it. Don't kill it.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/22/2003 9:44:45 PM

That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2003, 11:38:14 AM »
See, this board is like the Millenium Falcon - the ugly hunk of junk that everyone loves and can do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs or something. Sure, those new Imperial Cruisers look nice, but changing forums ain't like dustin' crops, MegaByte. One wrong move and we'll be space dust from here to Alderaan.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2003, 01:38:46 PM »
Well they already killed the magic.  Gamespy changed something without telling us and I was forced to change my handle because it no longer supports ASCII.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2003, 03:41:07 PM »
You know what could change?  The different section descriptions.  Like under story boards it still says the joke about "like story boards for cartoons?  Ha ha?"  Just a suggestion.

If you don''t have anything nice to say, make sure you have something heavy to throw.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2003, 04:24:02 PM »
I don't really know if changing those would do anything.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2003, 04:37:22 PM »
You could say the same thing about signatures, but people change them all the time.

If you don''t have anything nice to say, make sure you have something heavy to throw.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2003, 10:29:27 PM »
Well that's lousy. I wondered why... wait, you mean ߥ doesn't work? Or only in names?
...Still, that's lousy.
But that still doesn't make a new board necessary.
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2003, 03:28:03 PM »
I'm changing my opinion. Only change the boards if we have all of the old threads, and if the changes are very, extremely, stupidly slight. Like... changing the background color, or something.

Print