Print

Author Topic: The Future of Nintendo...  (Read 6779 times)

« on: November 25, 2003, 07:39:23 PM »
Nintendo used to be reviered as the savyor of the modern video game. Nintendo was on the breaking edge with the first sqorling platform, the first human well known video game figure, and even the winner of the Genis Book of World Records game sold.

Unfortunantly, Nintendo has sliped from the spotlight, and dove into the dispare filled void of "kiddy gameing." Nintendo has seased its original ideals, and it pocketing off of its well known characters from an endless parade of multiplayer sequals. If we make it to Mario Party 567838 by next year, I will scream!

Like a dog that has lost its pride, Nintendo has basicaly sat back whilst Playstation and X-Box fought over the title of most advanced and most best gamed system. Even Nintendo's portable franchise may be in gerperdy by the first 3-D handheld from Nokia.

As the "Next Generation Systems" fought for online, DVD, and Graphic cabability; Nintendo basicaly sat stuned in the shadows of "Nintendo Suck, Halo rules!!!."

The great Titan of video games has shranken to what some may call a pathetic blob of mindless sequals.

But... there is a single ray of hope left in Nintendo, and is 90% the reson I haven't left the system and moved on. This ray of hope, is actual darkness. "Eternal Darkness" to be exact. This game, along with Metroid Prime are the only two works the GameCube has created that it could posably be proud of.

"Eternal Darkness" is the first time Nintendo has ever tried a mature, intertwining, storyline. From blood, to gore, to goth; Eternal Darkness showed me exactly how far a game can go to tell a story. (And hopefully they can go farther.) You see, Nintendo's only true salvation is to shatter its "kiddy" image, get into the fight for technology, and most of all do something no other system has truealy yet done... HAVE STORY LINES!

Eternal Darkness showed me that a game can tell a story, a great story. That games can look and feal realistic. That games can scare you... Not with the "BOO! I'm ugly method!" like most game (Resident Evil), uses; but with the "Oh my God this could really be happining/they hit close to home" method. That game is played quite ofenly by me, and it is in my top favorites. The game is the light of darkness witch Nintendo must fallow to come back on top.

With online cabaility, along with other features, and more mature and consuming story lines, Nintendo may just be able to get back in the game.

(I can't wait to see if there is a sequal to Eternal Darkness, I would bne it in a heart-beat.)

Also, Nintendo needs to advertise their mature games more. Hardly anyone at my school knows eternal darkness ever existed, yet peeps at video game shops deem it and Metroid as Nintendo Game Cube's best work. There has to be a way to share mature games on TV and advertisments too. That would have helped ALOT! :)
May the Power of the Dark Side compel you! :) HAHAHA! :)

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 07:53:19 PM »
Lol, we already have a thread on this....... errrr, yes........

-----------------------------
Please Read the Below Sentence

Please Read the Above Sentence
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 06:17:37 AM »
"shranken"?

Edited by - TheEggMan on 11/26/2003 4:18:19 AM

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 06:21:05 AM »
And Resident Evil rocks.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 09:05:46 AM »
"Even Nintendo's portable franchise may be in gerperdy [sic] by the first 3-D handheld from Nokia."

Yeah right, the N-Gage is going to be a big flop.  The PSP might make for some serious competition though.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 11:00:33 AM »
Yeah, the N-Gage will hopefully be another defeat against the GBA.  Remember Sega Game Gear, and all the others that have lost.  Now PSP could do some damage, but if you ask me, it's turning out to be a portable PC with gaming as its only function (among all the other MP3 Junk and stuff).
 n/a

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 12:03:10 PM »
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Super Mario 128 yet. Well, it may not "shatter their kiddy image", but, perhaps it could be some sort of great revolutionary game that puts Nintendo in front of everyone else in the great gaming race. I mean, at first, Gamecube (to me) sounded pretty stupid. They didn't have very many good sounding games. (And, don't go insane, but I HATE Animal Crossing!) So, I waited for the next system. But, now there are so many things I'd like for it. Mainly Super Smash Bros. Melee, but some other games too. And my friend felt the same way about the Gamecube....until he heard of Super Mario 128. He is probably more obsessed with Super Mario 64 than anyone here. (I'm not kidding) He beat the game WITHOUT GETTING HURT ONCE!!! Can you believe that?!?!?! So, now he wants one. All in all, I think Nintendo's got a secret weapon up its sleeve.

Behold the overwhelming power of my signature and bow before me! BOW!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 12:26:47 PM »
Super Mario 64 is my all-time favorite game.  I know every secret, memorized the titles of every level and star, and I got all 120 stars in 3 days.  Beat that, friend of person who posted!

The End.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 12:28:03 PM »
Ask me any level star, and I can name the title.

The End.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2003, 01:31:28 PM »
What??? You think it took longer than a day for my friend to beat Super Mario 64 without getting hurt? Ha! (He also beat Banjo-Kazooie in one hour, not that is Mario related) My friend is kind of like this: He finds a game he really likes. He plays it. He masters it. He masters it again. He sets a time limit for himself to master it. He does. He tries the impossible by not getting hurt in that game. He does. He trys the impossible while mastering the game in a given time limit. Well, he's still working on that part...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2003, 01:52:57 PM »
bi-post.

The End.

Edited by - Markio on 11/26/2003 12:03:39 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2003, 02:02:25 PM »
Forget what I wrote.  But honestly, I don't care what your friend does, honestly.  And what does this have to do with the topic?

The End.

Edited by - Markio on 11/26/2003 12:27:50 PM

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2003, 03:01:05 PM »
Absolutely nothing.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2003, 03:19:03 PM »
You have proven some good points. The GameGear was basicaly a GBA, and it failed. I also beleave the N-Gage to be too pricey for the gameing crowed; for alot of games we already have. I beleave that the next portable, hopefully going 3-D, by Nintendo will bravly defend their title.

I have heard verry little upon this Mario 128. Though I doubt it will surpase Mario64, one of Mario's greatest titles, but it may defend Mario's rep.

But I do beleave, and hope those will fallow, that the core should focus on mature story lines in the future. If any of you haven't played "Eternal Darkness" yet, and your rents won't flip if you play something rated "M", I HUGELY URGE you all to at least try it. Although it wasn't advertised much, I beleave it's Nintendo's greatest work yet, and it absolutly blew me away. The graphics are stunning, the suround sound brings the moans of the undead alive around you, and the gameplay of thsi RPG is perfect with a medly of fighting and magic. The storyline is not just a horror film turned video game, like Resident Evil, it is an ingrosing gothic style story of a girl/woman who's Grandfather has died, a casulty against the darkness. She find the Tome (book) that has recorded humanitys history. She uses it to learn of the plot that has been in the makeing, and learns her place in it. I'll leave the rest for you all to find out, wouldn't want to spoil the game. I'm sure Tomb Raider, and Resident Evil or both great games, but "Eternal Darkness" is by far the darknest and most gothic of them all. And by far my favorite. It's not just a horror game, it is a game of the mind... The Darkness comes.......

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2003, 06:16:07 PM »
Topic message too long, I read the first three words and so far, I agree.
Let me away from this boulder!

Print