Print

Author Topic: Re: What is the most disturbing mario game youve heard of or played:)  (Read 7311 times)

« on: September 23, 2000, 02:08:17 PM »
Mario's fundamentals...ugh

i wanna play hotel mario it kinda sounds fun

im new here too!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2000, 02:36:41 PM »
Um... if I could pick the wierdest Mario game...

SUPER MARIO BROS. 2: USA (no Bowser, no Koopa Troopas, extremely dopey enemies)

MARIO'S TIME MACHINE (really sucks, EDUCATIONAL... UGH!)

MARIO IS MISSING (never played it, but I know there is NO MARIO!!)

SUPER MARIO LAND (bad graphics, bad story, bad powerups, bad bad bad...)

If Nintendo ever makes another Mario game like these... I'll toss all my Nintendo stuff away (except for my Wario bean-bag doll). Although seeing Super Mario Bros. 2: USA on Game Boy Color might be cool...

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2000, 02:52:40 PM »
"Yoshi's Island."  That game...needs...to...die!

I'll admit "Super Mario Bros. 2" was a little off the wall (it's better if you think of it as just another Japanese game, rather than a part of the "Super Mario Bros." series) but "Super Mario Land?!?"  That's a "Mario" classic!  Its only shortcoming is its small graphics, which can be remedied by our good friend Super Game Boy.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2000, 06:05:43 PM »
Whoa Mega2- hold it!  Yoshi's Island, for the SNES?  Are you sure you don't mean Yoshi's Story for the N64?  I can see where Yoshi's Story could suck eggs, but Yoshi's Island IMO is one of the greatest games of all time.

Opinions?
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2000, 11:11:38 AM »
Super Mario Land was made by a different design team than the one that makes the mainstream Mario series.
Super Mario USA is not a true Mario game.
Hotel Mario, as well as the educational Mario games, were not made by Nintendo at all.
Yoshi's Island...Yoshi's Island is awesome, you fool!  Oi...
Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2000, 12:25:30 PM »
What?!! YI disturbing?!! You've got to be kidding. That is one of the best platform games in the universe. However, those baby Yoshis in Yoshi's Story are very disturbing. They're not much better in SSB either.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2000, 03:12:06 PM »
I was afraid "Yoshi's Story" would be like "Yoshi's Island" squared, but it was actually pretty good.  The graphics were very creative (though it fell short of the boast of "Yoshi's Island" in 3-D), much more realistic than in "Yoshi's Island."  The stages were well-thought out (I loved the Neuron Jungle), the only problem is that there weren't enough of them.  Sure, it was different from the "Mario" norm, but it was supposed to be different (unlike "Yoshi's Island" and "Super Mario 64," which masqueraded as mainstream "Mario" games), and the idea of having accomplishment-based level advancement, was a nice change from the usual finding a designated end of the stage.  The biggest problem with it is that it is too cartoony.  All in all, "Yoshi's Story" is an O.K. game, and substantially better than "Yoshi's Island."

Mega 2
Mega 2

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2000, 04:49:35 PM »
<collective *gasp* fills the room>

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2000, 03:59:44 PM »
<Collective *gasp* dies down>

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2000, 06:22:44 PM »
Mario teachs typing.ugh...

No more metal mario...new and improved titanium mario!

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2000, 06:24:30 PM »
Mario teachs typing.ugh...

No more metal mario...new and improved titanium mario!

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2000, 02:55:05 PM »
Mario Teaches typing 2 is worse. That floating Mario head is very scary.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2000, 07:52:18 PM »
How can you possibly say that!  Mario Teaches Typing and Mario Teaches Typing 2 were the best games ever made, period!  They completely blow those jokers like Pac-Man, Super Mario World, and Chrono Trigger COMPLETELY out of the water.  The drama, the action, the suspense; I get chills when I play MTT even today.  Mario Teaches Typing will stand out in the minds of countless thousands as the greatest video game of all time.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2000, 10:33:08 AM »
Would Mario games not made by Nintendo be considered illegal?

I.e.: Mario's Time Machine, Hotel Mario, etc.

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2000, 12:41:07 PM »
They probably got a license from Nintendo to make these games. Like how Hudson was able to create Mario Party and Camelot, Mario Tennis.

Print