Print

Author Topic: Old Mario games...  (Read 5603 times)

« on: May 22, 2004, 01:22:37 AM »
         OLD MARIO GAMES

They can still be fun, right? A guy at school, who is in a way, my friend, but he said that all old Mario games were boring. He is such an idiot. Take Mario Party 3, for an example

He said that was the worst. Does anyone believe him?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 08:00:14 AM »
I don't think all "old" Mario games are bad.  I don't like the Mario Party series, but love the "classic" side-scrollers like SMB, SMB3, and SMW.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 02:20:23 PM »
Mario Party games are fun if you play with other people.
Define "old" Mario games.
Do you mean N64 and earlier?
What one person thinks is boring can be totally different from someone else.
I like puzzle games, so tetris attack is fun for me, but some people can't stand puzzle games at all.
Nintendo has made a bunch of different kind of Mario games so that people who don't like one, can play another.
Your friend must be hard to please.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 03:02:08 PM »
Just because a game is old, doesn't make it bad.

I love all my game slike my children. I have no favorite, nor do I like any one more than the others. What's your friend gonna do when Gamecube is obsolete? All the game she thinks are good now will be old, and thus he probably think they're boring and dumb.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 06:40:56 PM »
My favorite game of all time is SMB3. Closely followed by GoldenEye. Any people dare to say those game stink?! One of my "friends" said Halo's Multiplayer is better than GoldenEye's multipayer. That made me sad. He also laughed at SMB3. But oh well, what is one to do? Nothing I guess...

I do think, though, that The older games were more simple and to the point. GoldenEye Iis nearly 10 years old now, and It's still GREAT. And, SMB3 is still, in my opinion, the greatest game of all time. DKR ranks up there too. I like that game. It's fun.

Push button...
Receive Bacon!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 05:01:02 AM »
I think your friend is weird, all the older games build up in story so the newer games make sense.

Lets put it this way: If Mario was never created in 1979, it would be most probable that he wouldn't exist in 2004.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 11:04:32 AM »
I think Halo's multiplayer is better than GoldenEye's multiplayer.

I think Perfect Dark's multiplayer is better than Halo's multiplayer.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 11:10:20 AM »
Perfect Dark's multiplayer makes the N64 cry.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »
for no apparent reason, i just found the oldest post I could find and posted to it, I'm so bored...
 Mario is a nutritional part of your every-day meal!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 07:13:39 PM »
Mario games = good, no matter what anyone thinks. My goal in life is to get a copy of every single Mario game to be ever released in this country. My brothers keep nagging me because they want to sell the Mario games that I haven't played yet. I will play them something, and do absolutely everything possible in them. Ha!
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 07:17:01 PM »
Good way to get yourself banned PeteyPiranha.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 10:36:55 PM »
Nothing can beat the old Mario games, And I love Mario Party 3. I really like the first three MP games.

"So, they’re showing, on television, the detergents getting out bloodstains. Is this a violent image to anybody? Bloodstains? I mean, come on. You got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe laundry isn’t your biggest problem right now." ~~~~Jerry Seinfeld
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Sqrt2

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 01:11:42 PM »
"Lets put it this way: If Mario was never created in 1979, it would be most probable that he wouldn't exist in 2004."

Don't you mean 1985?

If at first you don''t suceed - destroy any evidence that you tried in the first place.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 05:15:19 PM »
I think the correct day is 1981, that's when the Donkey Kong Arcade game was released and Mario's first game (even if he wasn't called "Mario" then.

Random Anime Quote:
" They''ve drawn us awful carelessly."--Osaru (I think), Jubei-Chan episode 5.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 05:28:07 PM »
They'll never take down Petey! besides whats wrong with bringing back an old post? It ain't hurting anybody.
 Mario is a nutritional part of your every-day meal!!!

Print