Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 76632 times)

« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2005, 03:44:13 PM »
The thread is kind of unclear about this. Watoad, do we have the night of the 20th reserved right now (the fourth night) and did you get it with points or do we need to pay the approx. $44 per person?

I have a round-trip straight to Burbank all lined out (for $250-300) but don't know about what time to leave LA.

My brother's high school graduation is on Sunday the 22nd and I should be back in time for that.

Anyway, does this net me a "guaranteed" spot in the room? Where is Chup staying?

I vote a big YES to More Friends concert.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2005, 09:25:57 PM »
Bah, it turns out that More Friends happens on the 16th.  :-/

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2005, 11:48:23 PM »
I'll be staying with my family, at an as yet undetermined location.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2005, 03:25:26 PM »
Hotel Room = Deezer, MEGAߥTE, Watoad, Lizard Dude, Sapphira (?)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2005, 03:26:44 PM »
Does that mean I won't get a ticket, or that I will have to sleep in my car?

As I think I said before, I may be able to pay for a separate smaller room for Sapph if I could stay with the guys, but the prices are getting higher for the rooms and I shudder to think how high they will be by the time I find out if I will get a ticket.  If I don't get one, I will still visit on Friday/Saturday.

Back to my previous post about food:  I have been reading several books lately and started a chart about the best foods according to the authors, if anyone is interested.

Edited by - Luigison on 3/19/2005 1:56:11 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2005, 10:06:07 AM »
Watoad, where are you when I need you?

Sapphira, also where are you but, more importantly, are you still full-on for this?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2005, 10:49:37 AM »
I know this sucks for planning and stuff, but
WE STILL DON'T EVEN KNOW IF WE CAN GET TICKETS FOR STAFF.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2005, 10:57:08 AM »
Rule 3. NO TALKING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS (shouting).

Opps.  I forgot rule zero.

Anyway, point taken.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2005, 07:06:36 PM »
Sorry, Lizard Dude! Sorry, everybody! Certain events in the forums told me that I needed a little break from them, so that is what I have been doing.

I took a few (hopefully) fun pictures that I wanted to post, which is why I have come back right now. But now that I see all of these exciting posts, I must reply to them right away! So I'll do that first and then post me pics.

> Hating McDonald's because of the McChicken-head is stupid. That is literally a one-in-a-billion error.

*applauds*

I ate lunch at Arby's today, and I foolishly ordered curly fries and a wrap that I didn't know would have bacon in it. After eating that, I felt much more cholesterol-ridden than I have after any visit to McDonald's. So in my opinion, fast food places are all pretty much equally bad (or good, depending on your inclination). But as long as I don't eat at them more than, say, three times a month, I think I'll be okay.

> That was a great photo-safari, Watoad! And I know what you mean about an "underwhelming winter," of course. It was 78 degrees yesterday.

Thanks, Suffix! ^_^ "Underwelming Winter" was a play on "UW." I love acronyms. ;)

78°F = Good

> I found another place to visit in L.A.

> If this doesn't cost too much, we should try to hit this too...

Man, what a bummer it was that your correction about the date of the performance came on the next page. I got super excited there. I was all stoked that tickets go on sale tomorrow, and that I would have a chance to get chatting with everyone tonight to make plans about it. If the date were better, I'd be totally willing to take the risk of buying a bunch of tickets with my credit card and then reselling some of them on eBay. It doesn't even sound like much of a risk, actually, from the way you put it.

Well, I could always ask my dad about extending the hotel stay to five nights to make the 16th possible, but I think my flight is unchangeable. I guess I'm not positive, though. With something as amazing a game music concert—and one with The Black Mages, even!!—I want to be absolutely sure I that can't go before I just sit back and don't go. I've been wanting to go to a game music concert for quite awhile now, and it isn't likely that I'll be able to attend one in Japan any time soon.

What I'll do is talk to my dad and be prepared to spend a lot of time with the AIM and IRC floodgates open tonight. That's about the most I can do at this point.

At any rate, the "i am 8 bit" place sounds neat.

> Watoad, do we have the night of the 20th reserved right now (the fourth night) and did you get it with points or do we need to pay the approx. $44 per person?

Yes, the night of the 17th through the night of the 20th are reserved right now. Three of those nights are free, and the fourth we must pay for. When mentioned the $44 figure, I thought our room had been cut down to four people. But since it ended up being for five, maybe the price I got for the extra night was wrong, too? I don't know, but I'm guessing that—if all fives spots are filled—it will be some amount less than $44 per person.

> I have a round-trip straight to Burbank all lined out (for $250-300) but don't know about what time to leave LA.

Okay, I'll go ahead and make it public: My return flight is scheduled to leave that airport at 2:40 p.m. I think we're supposed to be checked out of the hotel by noon, so I'll be able to sleep in (if that's what everyone else is doing) and have time to get through security. If I've allowed too much time, then that's why Nintendo makes handhelds.

> Anyway, does this net me a "guaranteed" spot in the room?

Yes, it does.

> Hotel Room = Deezer, MEGAߥTE, Watoad, Lizard Dude, Sapphira (?)

As long as we get enough tickets, that's the plan. If we don't, then I fear what could happen. Spending four days and nights in the room by myself would be . . . less than enjoyable.

> Does that mean I won't get a ticket, or that I will have to sleep in my car?

Luigison, I would break the law and force you to stay in the room with us before I'd let you sleep in your car. :D

I still haven't heard back from the people in Japan, but if I'm not chosen for the program, and if you end up with this large expenditure, then I'll put as much money toward it as I can. The tough part is that there are so many darn "if"s.

> Sapphira, also where are you but, more importantly, are you still full-on for this?

Last I talked to her about it, she said that she will be going if there is an E3 ticket for her. If.

If if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if . . .

> Rule 3. NO TALKING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS (shouting).

. . . if that wasn't a good reason to talk in all caps, then I don't know what is.

Now, finally, here a few pictures taken earlier today. I have found myself a bit Transfixed! by WarioWeed, thanks to Lizard Dude, and that's what you're seeing below. The addictive game has not been the cause of my absence from here, though.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2005, 07:20:55 PM »
Watoad would break the law for me.  Wow.  What is he doing with that stylus.  Oh.  I think there's a law against that too.

Edited by - Luigison on 3/20/2005 7:28:04 PM

« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2005, 08:04:14 PM »
PotY, baby! Helpful and Humorous!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2005, 09:52:16 PM »
Pot for PotY, huh? ;P But thank you. And great acronym placement.

You're right, Luigison. Games that addictive should totally be illegal. But they aren't. Ø_ø

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2005, 02:09:09 PM »
With only 37 seconds to spare, I landed my first-ever GBA game! Yay!!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2005, 10:52:47 PM »
Okay, I have Q's that need A's--all in one shot, please:

1) What are the EXACT dates we have the hotel room reserved for? Also, when would checkout time be on the last day?
2) What days are everyone (those who already have [plane] tickets) leaving to go to LA and also returning home?
3) Perferably, what times, too?
4) What is the exact address, phone, etc for the specific hotel we're staying at?
5) What is the date and time of the concert?
6) What airports are everyone flying into? I hear most will be at BUR, but I think someone said LAX, too.

I'd like to know this info ASAP so that I can schedule accordingly for a plane ticket.

Edit: I added "plane" for clarification.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/5/2005 10:22:59 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2005, 11:09:40 PM »
4) Page 3 has this info, and also a hawt pic.

Print