Print

Author Topic: Mario Elimination Round  (Read 54007 times)

« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »
Your votes and boots on one turn would not affect those on another turn. You are not restricted as to what characters you can vote for on each turn. Let me try again to explain the setup. Here is an example of what a normal turn would be like:

Vote: Mario, Luigi
Boot: Lemmy Koopa, Gooper Blooper

But if you only wanted to vote for, say, Mario, and NO ONE ELSE, you would do this:

Vote: Mario

Similarly, if you only wanted to boot Gooper Blooper, and no one else, you would do this:

Boot: Gooper Blooper

You probably would only want to vote for or boot just one character at a time WHEN THE END OF THE ROUND IS NEAR.

The following might be a better general statement of the rules.

YOU CAN VOTE FOR 2 CHARACTERS AND BOOT 2 CHARACTERS IN 1 TURN, BUT YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR THE SAME CHARACTER TWICE IN ONE TURN, OR BOOT THE SAME CHARACTER TWICE IN ONE TURN.

In other words, you can't do this:

Vote: Mario, Mario

And you cannot do this:

Boot: Gooper Blooper, Gooper Blooper

Understand now?

Edited by - smfan1085 on 3/21/2005 8:32:30 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2005, 08:35:48 AM »
Yes, I do. So we can vote for ANY Mario character. If so, then how many points would they begin with, because if they had 0 they'd start out in the negatives. Can you clarify this smfan?

-----------------------------
General [plus] Mario [plus] Chat

« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2005, 06:28:38 PM »
Good idea. Also, include Koopa the Quick and various other SM64 characters, because Koopa the Quick is cool!

It''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2005, 06:32:29 PM »
Don't forget Paintissimo. So are you guys gonna make Mario Elimination Round II? Because I came here too late to participate.

"We roll tonight, to the guitar bite, and for those about to rock... I salute you."-AC/DC
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2005, 06:47:52 PM »
I liked the enormous variety of the first round. You should include that again.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2005, 07:18:58 PM »
i agree with Suffix, make any mario character u could think off, and you'll have a much longer elimination round

"I have never been jealous. Not even when my dad finished fifth grade a year before I did."~Jeff Foxworthy
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2005, 10:12:13 PM »
Sorry I was not around for the past few days.

I was just going to make them start out with 5 points each, like you did, gamemaster79. Yes, I'll try to put a large variety of characters in it. Putting Koopa the Quick in is a good idea; I just got SM64 (the N64 version), and it is a COOL game!

I'll try to get this started in the next few days; I need to prepare for it first.

EDIT: I will put in Il Piantissimo too.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 3/26/2005 8:13:30 PM

« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2005, 11:08:35 PM »
Hmmm... here's a little list of characters that we could include...

Koopa the Quick (SM64), II Piantissimo (SMS), Iggy (SMW), Lemmy (SMW), Wendy (SMW), Larry (SMW), Ludwig (SMW), Roy (SMW), Morton (SMW), Mini Mario (MvDK), Booster (SMRPG), Pauline (DK), Wart (SMB2), Smithy (SMRPG), Tatanga (SML), Big Bob-omb (SM64DS), Chief Chilly (SM64DS), Goomboss (SM64DS), Capt. Syrup (SML3) and Other (N/A).

1. Super Mario 64 DS is a huge improvement on SM64, but using the joypad sucks!
2. Other is any character not in the round already. I know it's a stupid idea, in case you were wondering.

It''''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2005, 11:25:16 PM »
Sadly but stoicly, I'm not spending the money on a DS or SM64DS since I have the original SM64 for the N64, which has all of the glitches and challenges and secrets.  Lots of those can be found http://www.wdell.com/videogames/sm64'>here

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2005, 11:51:06 PM »
I'll be using some of those suggestions, but I wasn't exactly planning to use ones that are in games I don't have. Don't worry, though; I have a lot of Mario games. I'll think up a long list when I have the time.

BTW, I finally got a sig.

"You know what we''re having for supper tonight? Boneless, skinless chicken chests." ~My Mom

« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2005, 12:04:22 AM »
Yeah, but I don't have half of those games either. Do you want explanations of some of the characters?

« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2005, 09:23:08 PM »
You can give explanations if you want. I don't have SMRPG, SML, SML3, or DK. But I know who Capt. Syrup and Pauline are. As for Chief Chilly and Goomboss, I don't know who they are, but that's because I'm not finished playing through SM64 for the first time yet; I just got it two days ago. So you don't have to tell me about those two.

"You know what we''re having for supper tonight? Boneless, skinless chicken chests." ~My Mom

« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2005, 07:57:15 AM »
Can somebody tell me when the next Mario Elimination Round starting? Oh, and if you want to find out about some characters, just check the Mariopedia at the main page.

« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2005, 11:58:55 PM »
MAJOR SPOILERS

P.S: Goomboss does not appear in the original SM64. Chief Chilly does, but he does not have the same name.

SMRPG characters: I don't have it either. In fact, I've never played it! However, on the main site, try checking the Mariopedia and SMRPG info page.
SML: Tatanga is the main boss. He overtook Sarasaland, and kidnapped Princess Daisy.
Chief Chilly: Boss in SM64DS. He kidnapped Wario because Wario's mustache looks better than his. He is a giant ice Bully- he appeared in SM64, but smaller. He was eventually defeated by the Mario Bros.
Goomboss: A giant Goomba. I think he is the Goomba King, but different. He kidnapped Mario because Mario jumped on his bretheren. He was defeated in a dark forest by Yoshi.

« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2005, 08:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the info. I've played most of SM64 now, and I've gotten 100 stars (and this is my fifth day playing it).

Let's say that I'll have the new elimination round ready on Tuesday evening at the latest. (I know it sounds like a long time, but I might be getting Yoshi's Story this weekend.)

Edited by - smfan1085 on 3/31/2005 6:42:18 PM

Print