Print

Author Topic: Mario Bros. Online  (Read 10303 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 05:13:51 PM »
Mine is 13, ha ha! Seriously, it is. Shadow Mario has almost no AI.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 05:40:26 PM »
Shadow Mario is easy to beat huh?

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 09:10:22 PM »
Mine's 16. That trick really takes out the "unbearable difficulty" Parallel Mario was supposed to have. I may revise the AI, once I get Internet Play better sorted out. There was a ton of lag when we tried it on Friday, and it crashed twice.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 09:59:23 PM »
When will you be on again?

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 01:45:16 PM »
Hey, nice game. Well made and plays really well. One day i'd like to get into basic video game making. Got any tips on how to start and what sort of software would be good for a begginer?
And Plumbings our game

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 11:20:20 PM »
Umm, well, I'd recommend Dark Basic as a good starter language. That's what I wrote this game in. I would've done it in C++ if I was starting now, but I would've had to find new multimedia and networking libraries and learn the APIs to get the same functionality as I have in DarkBasic. This was just easier.

About the game, I'll bring it back online after I release the new version. The biggest change is that the game's limitation of 2 enemies at once has been lifted. Now it works like the real Mario Bros. with the number of enemies on-screen at once going up with the phase number. Makes the game harder overall, but hey, it was pretty much a cakewalk before! There's also one more level in Adventure Mode now, which you learn how to access by beating Parallel Mario. I wrote the music to it because I couldn't find anything good for my "final challenge". Hope it doesn't make your ears bleed too much!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/1/2005 10:27:11 PM

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 12:49:35 AM »
Okay, I've FINALLY finished my new version. Go back to the download page to pick it up. The next online game will be on Saturday, same time as before.

If anyone's having any trouble beating the bosses, there's a tip sheet here. I also need input on what people think of my final challenge. Too easy? Too hard? Keep in mind that it's supposed to be the optional super-battle, comparable to the Pit of 100 Trials in PM2.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/4/2005 11:49:41 PM

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 10:34:38 PM »
This is an excellent game. I am addicted XD

One pet peeve though: The pipes are set up wrong. In the original Mario Bros., when the enemies would go into a pipe at the bottom, they would go to the pipe directly above them, making it so that they could alternate directions. In this, though, the enemies come out the pipe they started at. I don't know if this is intentional, but it annoyed the heck out of me in the first few levels. Also, I noticed that when you jump fairly close to a ledge, you hit an invisible block. You can also stand on this invisible block sometimes.

That aside, I love this game, though I think it would be even more awesome with unlockable characters for multiplayer mode, like Luigi, etc. XD

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 10:11:19 AM »
It says error 10 on the new version when I try to play adventure mode

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2005, 10:46:31 AM »
nevermind, I just needed to redownload it

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2005, 12:26:49 PM »
The pipes are something I fixed in the new version! Now, INSTEAD of always coming out in the pipe they started out in, it's random. Maybe you just got really unlucky.

About the extra characters, I honestly had thought about making a skin feature for multiplayer. You could make your own character, and even use him in internet play!

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »
Yeah, that skin feature would be awesome XD

Oh yeah I got the new version and I like how 500 enemies come out at you at once XD. Also, it seems like a lot of throwing bugs were fixed in the latest version.

BTW when is the server going to be on next?

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2005, 12:59:45 PM »
I can make an opening movie with flash mx 2004 professional

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2005, 03:03:23 PM »
No one was on :(

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2005, 04:21:50 PM »
Well, crap! I didn't get anyone! Maybe there was a problem connecting to me or something! It should have worked fine!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/6/2005 3:22:27 PM

Print