Print

Author Topic: Doom: The Movie  (Read 5705 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:50:53 AM »
As we all (should) know, the movie adaptation of Doom comes out in two days (today is October 19). I, personally, have been totally psyched about this, despite the rumors of the reworked plot. True, the plot is different, but it makes more sense:

Original game
A portal to Hell spontaneously opens, demons pour forth and kill everyone except one guy that apparently hid in a closet. The one guy left then proceeds to do what all the hundreds of other people with advanced weaponry couldn't: kill all the zombies single-handedly. He then escapes to earth, where the whole thing starts over again.

The movie
After hearing of a catastrophic event on the Mars outpost, the government dipatches a squad of highly trained, heavily armed marines in to investigate. It turns out that some people infected by an "evil gene" (for lack of a better word), issued forth from a wormhole, have mutated into the hideous beasts from the games (like the Imp, Pinky Demon, Baron, etc.). Guess who designs them for the movie? STAN WINSTON! The guy who did the Predator!

Is that cool, or is that cool? I'm definately going to go see the movie. I'll report back in a few days and give you my opinion. By the way, tomorrow (October 20) the Sci-Fi channel is airing a special on the making of Doom (the movie).

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 09:38:48 AM »
I'm not a Dwayne Johnson fan.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 09:04:40 AM »
I am a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson fan.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:02:45 PM »
Who the heck calls him Dwayne Johnson?

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 06:33:50 PM »
Look at all of these posts, thier so small!

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 07:58:49 PM »
Obviously his family calls him Dwayne Johnson.

And Wrestling news sites.

And even some of his old co workers.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 08:31:35 PM »
Dwayne is a cool name.  Like the guy who's mentioned in Tommy Boy.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 09:41:12 PM »
Now I know his real name. Sweet. Thanks.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 09:22:54 AM »
Watoad, you didn't know The Rock's real name? I'm surprised.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 11:02:57 AM »
Who's "The Rock"?

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 11:33:46 AM »
I seem to surprise people all of the time with my lack of pop culture knowledge and experience. Yesterday some people in my house were shocked out of there skin to hear that I've never seen Top Gun. (I believe one of them will have me watch it this weekend (which is fine because I'd like to see it).)
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 12:15:05 PM »
That goes for me, too.

I've never seen a frame of Top Gun.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 02:21:32 PM »
*GASP!* You've never seen Top Gun?! Well, no loss, really. By the way, that "Sci Fi Inside Doom" thing was crap. Basically, they showed The Mummy Returns (which sucked), and every ten commercials they show a little bit about the movie. But it was like this:

Narrator: Welcome to Sci Fi Inside Doom, which starts right this second, right now.
(Instead, they show 15 minutes of The Mummy Returns)
(5 minutes of commercials)
And now, Sci Fi Inside Doom. A fan asks The Rock, "What was it like working with the cast?"
The Rock: It was okay.
DOOM: IN THEATERS OCTOBER 21.
(More commercials)
(More of The Mummy Returns)
(More commercials)
And now, Sci Fi Inside Doom. A fan asks, "Who did the monster effects?"
Some Guy you don't care about: Stan Winston did.
DOOM: IN THEATERS OCTOBER 21.

As you can see, it was not at all the "behind the scenes" hour-long special I had wanted.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 02:29:34 PM »
Ha Ha! But that has to be a bit sarcastic.

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 05:33:36 PM »
I haven't seen Top Gun.  Or The Wizard of Oz.

To be on topic, I haven't seen Doom, either.

Print