Queen
7 (35%)
Genisis
2 (10%)
Pink Floyd
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Print

Author Topic: Classic Rock  (Read 7027 times)

« on: November 26, 2005, 03:32:21 PM »
I started listening to classic rock and I enjoy it espically now. I want to know what is your favorite classic rock band. Since this is my first time with the poll system, your favorite band might not be on here, but you can post the band's (or singers if no band appeals to you) name in this topic.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 03:35:41 PM »
Alrighty then. Mine is George Thorogood.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:26:06 PM »
No Led Zeppelin? That's a downer for me, (but that's a given). I'm going to have to go with F Mac on this one. Queen is pretty good, but really overplayed on the radio and at sports events. We need to hear some new music in sports, all though I always get the chills when "We Are the Champions" is playing at the end of a victory.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 08:14:47 PM »
I vote Police, assuming you mean Sting and the Police.  Or The Police which has Sting.  Same thing.  So great are they...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 06:53:20 AM »
The drummer from the Police was in Oysterhead w/ Les Claypool! Yay!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 06:24:48 PM »
Ok, you missed so many classic rock bands. Not only that, but Fleetwood Mac sucks. ALSO! PInk Floyd and Genesis are PROGRESSIVE ROCK not CLASSIC. Try...
Zeppelin, Van Halen, Kiss, Beatles, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Blue Oyster Cult, etc...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 09:29:14 PM »
I got heavy into Floyd a few years ago.  Never liked Genesis or Fleetwood Mac.  The Police had some good stuff, but they lose quality by having stuff like "Every Breath You Take" and also what Sting went on to become.  Chup tried to get me to listen to some Steely Dan, but I burned a CD, deleted the MP3s, and then the CD didn't work, and I never bothered to try again.  Oh, and I haven't heard any Queen studio albums.  But the greatest hits albums had some pretty good stuff.

EDIT: Overplayed Queen sucks though.  Especially "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 10:12:27 PM »
Best Queen is Bicycle.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 04:58:27 PM »
Progressive Pink Floyd is the Pink Floyd now, without Roger Waters, or incase Syd Barrett.  If Roger Waters did not quit they would be only progressive rock.  This is a very common error amongst non-floydians.
I only watch [adult swim]

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 05:43:23 PM »
Why doesn't anyone know about George Thorogood? I'm gonna go crazy! He gave you the song Bad to the Bone!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 06:27:03 PM »
superstarMASIAH doesn't know what progressive rock is.
I don't like George Thorogood.
As far as classic rock goes, Genesis had some good stuff, and Fleetwood Mac had some good stuff.
Really only a few Steely Dan songs (the ones on the radio) are "classic rock". They have way more jazz rock and a slight amount of country rock too, which ends up actually being good.
As for Sting, his album The Dream of the Blue Turtles pwns.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 07:39:42 PM »
I do know what Prog Rock is, its changing Rock and Roll, or evolving it.  Yes FLoyd did do that, but before that, they were classic rock like PATGOD(or Piper at the Gates of Dawn) but by most Floydians (almost all I can say)  they are Classic ROck.  I feel like your always trying to undermine me.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 08:03:46 PM »
I like the Beatles.....does that count?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 08:21:53 PM »
I guess that bands CAN cover more than one Genre, but I would say they are more Progressive, than say, Zep.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 09:23:08 PM »
"Bicycle Race" is indeed awesome.

I'm quite familiar with George Thorogood.  I hate him.  Imagine having to listen to "Bad To The Bone" for hours on end while running a cakewalk.

I've always heard Pink Floyd as being progressive.  Although I don't like almost any progressive.

I can't even really tell what superstarMASIAH is trying to say here.

All I know is I like The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (completely different from everything else) and pretty much everything Dark Side of the Moon to The Wall (I haven't heard much outside these 2 eras, though)

Print