Print

Author Topic: What do you think of Mario Kart DS?  (Read 5252 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: December 05, 2005, 07:56:24 PM »
Is Mario Kart DS the ultimate Mario Kart game? How does the WiFi Connection work? Is it easy to use?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 08:09:59 PM »
I can't answer your question, but how many topics are you going to make today?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 08:13:53 PM »
Yeah, maybe lay back on the thread-making Sir Postsalot, but I'll answer your thread.

I haven't played the Mario Kart DS, but it'll be hard to beat MK:DD, in my earnest opinion. Although, I am getting it for Christmas, so I'll find out soon enough. It certainly looks like a blast...I'll have to post in this thread after I get it.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 08:18:44 PM »
I'd BETTER get this game for christmas, seeing as I haven't gotten a new DS game for a year. I hope I get 2 DS games for Christmas.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 09:16:06 PM »
Awsome game, the best MK, but you are one of the top topic posters. (Maybe first, if I'm mistaken.)
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 10:43:27 PM »
This game is very likely the best MK game ever. And that's really something, since the others (particularly MK:DD, IMO) were all excellent. I originally thought that this game would not have much in the way of innovation, and that the only new stuff would be the new tracks. But now that I have the game, there are a zillion new things in it that are totally awesome, like the Mission Mode where you can fight bosses, the enhanced Battle Mode that can (finally) be played in Single-Player Mode, the wide selection of karts, and many other things, including stuff that it would be spoilerly to mention. I also like the inclusion of all those old tracks from the previous MK games.

As for the online play, I don't know completely how it works, since I can't use it at the time (I wish we had SOMETHING better than Dial-up...).
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 10:55:49 PM »
I saw some of the movies on Mariokart.com and the graphics are pretty nice. Glad to see that the boos are back. I want this so bad... I guess I'll have to wait 20 more days.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 07:17:43 PM »
can you make your own karts? i saw some guy with a kart with a NES robot thing on the back. and you can make your own "logos" for the karts rite?

off topic, but speaking of making topics, how do you make one? sorry, im new and I tried to search around a bit
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »
The WiFi thing works really well. Its cool how you can play aganst people all around the world. Theres this cool website that tells you all the things you need to know about WiFi. http://nintendofriends.net/?u=491
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 08:52:11 PM »
can you make your own karts? i saw some guy with a kart with a NES robot thing on the back. and you can make your own "logos" for the karts rite?

off topic, but speaking of making topics, how do you make one? sorry, im new and I tried to search around a bit
Those "logos" are called decals, and yes you can make your own decals, but not your own karts.
BTW, new members can't make their own topics untilI don't know when, because I came here before that rule.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 08:57:29 PM »
Ooh, whazzat mean? The little circles on the front of the kart? Sounds cool. To MS paint!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 08:58:56 PM »
The game has a built in decal maker a bit like MS Paint with less options, but you may only have one at a time.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 08:44:42 PM »
Hey guys! Great news-a for me! I just got an advance $40 from my Aunt in Virginia! You know what this means? Next time I'm at Target, I'm getting Mario Kart DS! w000000t!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 11:36:30 AM »
Yayzorz.

I have enough money for a second copy (I have 2 DS's and I want another copy so I can play multi-card multiplayer with my siblings), so I hope I can get one soon.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 01:47:41 PM »
I'd BETTER get this game for christmas, seeing as I haven't gotten a new DS game for a year. I hope I get 2 DS games for Christmas.

And, if you don't get it, you'll wreak havoc on the earth?

Seriously dude, not getting a video game for Christmas ISN'T that big of a deal. If you think Christmas is ruined because you didn't get a gift, you obviously don't know the true meaning of Christmas.

Oh, and if you really don't get the game and complain about it here, you'd better head for the hills when a moderator sees it. XD

Hey guys! Great news-a for me! I just got an advance $40 from my Aunt in Virginia! You know what this means? Next time I'm at Target, I'm getting Mario Kart DS! w000000t!

Eh. Nevermind.

I should really read ALL of the replies in a topic before replying. XD
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 01:52:33 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print