Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
1 (33.3%)
lol wut
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Print

Author Topic: Fungi Forum Sportscenter  (Read 61805 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »
Great speech, understanding of the game, spelling Roethlisberger right, wanna be my co-host, Jman? I mean, it has been a long time, since there wasn't a FFSC without me, but I still need the job!

Yeah, I knew there was an extra "e" in there somewhere.  I would like to co-host, but I've been really busy with school lately.  I'm most likely to drop in on weekends.

I'm saying Steelers win 23 - 20.

It could happen.

Seattle wins 10-7.

Also a possibility.  We'll have to see how Matt Hasselbeck and Ben Roethlisberger handle the pressure, as both of them make their first ever Super Bowl starts. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2006, 11:43:09 AM »
PIttsburgh, 24-13.

That said, I tend to be really good at blowing predictions for these kinds of games. Except for my joking prediction that "Rich Gannon will throw like 5 picks" in that one Tampa Bay/Oakland Super Bowl a few years ago. I can almost as easily see Seattle winning 24-13, though, it all depends on ... things. I don't think it will be as close as anyone here has said yet, and I think Pittsburgh is a bit more likely to be able to run away with this one. Even though Seattle's defense looked pretty good against Carolina...
~I.S.~

« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2006, 04:44:53 PM »
My opinion? Both defenses are rock-solid. The only way Denver lost was a hard D from Pittsburgh, and in that case, I stand by my prediction. Feel free to laugh in my face when one of the teams has a blowout or however else wrongly my prediction will probably be.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2006, 06:59:41 PM »
I'm going to update the page, and the Steelers will win, but it will definitely be a great game. I will not guess a score, but the Steelers will pull off a victory at the Bus's house.
Jman, you can be co-co-host!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 07:02:14 PM by Mr.Melee »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2006, 01:16:38 PM »
Well, this is the day we've waited all NFL season long for: Super Bowl Sunday.  That's right.  Today, Ben Roethlisberger leads the Pittsburgh Steelers against Matt Hasselbeck and the Seattle Seahawks.  While the Steelers are appearing in their sixth Super Bowl, Big Ben is making his first career appearance.  The Seahawks are playing in their first Super Bowl in Franchise history.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »
Mr.Melee: *< this is what to do* Right on, Jman! Today is Super Bowl Sunday, the greatest sport event one can imagine. Nothing compares to it! And today, that will be proven. The Pittsburgh Steelers, with Big Ben Roethlisberger, Jerome Bettis: The Bus, Troy Polamalu, Von Oelhoffen, Foote, arm, toe, we got it all! Then there's Matt Hasselbeck, MVP Shaun Alexander, the Tupalu guy, and all those ospreys are rarin' to go! The Steel Curtain will give them a run for their Starbuck's, and we're ready to go! The Terrible Towels, The Bus, Big Ben, and every other player with a big enough heart will prevail! 1.2.3. BREAK!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
Even though I'm not a sports fan...at all... I thought it'd be cool to make a poll about who you want to win or think will win (if you don't have a preference). Um, yeah. It can be removed later, for other sports in the future.
It probably should've been made earlier, but...meh.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 05:39:02 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
I don't care who wins, as long as it ends the game faster.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2006, 08:26:16 PM »
The Steelers are gonna win! I love watchin' the Super Bowl. I wait for it all season long.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »
Well, it won't be 10-7, bobman37.  It's, oh man, Pittsburgh just picked off Hasselbeck and now there's a flag.  It sounded like it was after the interception.  I'm listening on the radio as I type.  To get back to the score, it's 14-10.  Pittsburgh has the lead.  It's in the fourth quarter.  Pittsburgh now has the ball after intercepting Matt Hasselbeck.  This one could come down to the final minutes.  Oh man, Mr.Melee, we should have done a live coverage thing, like an internet play by play.

Pittsburgh just scored!  They ran a reverse option, and Antwaan( is that the correct spelling?) Randle El threw a long touchdown pass to Hines Ward, I believe.  Pittsburgh is now up by 11, 21-10.  Seattle could be in major trouble!  

PIttsburgh, 24-13

Hey, they're up 21-10 right now.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 08:32:59 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2006, 08:35:06 PM »
That last sentence is meant to be mine.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »
~I.S.~

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2006, 09:04:36 PM »
Well, it'd be closer if thew refs didn't suck bigtime. They were honestly the worst refs ever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2006, 09:08:03 PM »
Steelers are the Super Bowl Champions! But it was boring. I've seen better SB's.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2006, 09:22:26 PM »
It wasn't that boring.  There were quite a few twists and turns.  And some funny commercials, too.

"Magic fridge!  Magic fridge! Magic Fridge!"

That one cracked me up.

Back to the game, it may not have been as exciting as past SBs, but I don't think my co-host Mr. Melee cares.  His team (yes, he was admittedly biased) the Pittsburgh Steelers have triumphed here in Detroit, knocking the monkey off of Coach Bill Cowher's back.  That's all she wrote.   Coming up next, considering someone does it, a game recap of Super Bowl 40.  For Mr. Melee, and anyone else involved in FFSC, this is Jman, leaving you with the final score from Super Bowl 40 in Detroit, Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10. 

Print