Print

Author Topic: Winter 2005 ADVANCED POSTER Awards  (Read 29445 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2006, 10:34:06 AM »
Hooray! I didn't win anything!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2006, 12:40:24 PM »
How do you know already?  Is this thing rigged?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »
Maybe he can add.  I don't have the patience for it.  Isn't Sapphira adding up the votes anyway. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2006, 12:52:19 PM »
I'm too excited! ;D

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2006, 03:27:59 PM »
Shouldn't there be an "Overall Member" section, or is that "Poster of the Year"?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2006, 04:32:40 PM »
That's what Poster of the Year is.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2006, 07:54:38 PM »
OK, now I'm excited.  I probably didn't win anything(don't tell me yet if I did), but I just want to see all the happy compliments to all the winners and such and all that.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »
Well, here we are again. Another year, another Poster Awards. Now, without delay, the new and improved awards ceremony for your reading pleasure!

Poster of the Year
With the coming of a new year, we should look back on some of our favorite moments of 2005. In TMK, many of these fond memories were shared with a great person. This poster has been voted, nearly unanimously, as the Poster of the Year at TMK. His contributions are amazing. He puts a lot of love into each and every one of his posts.  His presence is obviously enjoyed by all.

I am proud to present this award to none other than…

Watoad

Also, let us acknowledge someone else who has contributed greatly this past year. He has earned the runner up award in this category.

-Runner-up-
 Bird Person

Topic of the Year
As we think of the hundreds of topics created throughout 2005, a few stand out. One topic, in particular, has shown a great amount of dedication by its author. By compiling a list of the birthdays of all of the active forum members, this poster has gone above and beyond the call of duty. The first post has been constantly maintained, and the discussion within the topic is never dry.

I am proud the present this award to none other than…

Sapphira for inventing the “Ultimate Birthday Compilation”

Also, let us acknowledge someone else who has created an awesome topic this year. He has earned the runner up award in this category for his…

-Runner-up-
TMK @ E3, which was created by Watoad

Post of the Year
Well, well, well. There have been an awful lot of posts made this year. Some were excellent, some were pitiful. This award is given to the person who has made the best post of the year. This post was exactly that: great. It had a perfect supplement of both images and humor. It not only had that going for it, but it was also posted in one of the best topics ever made!

Watoad, for his authorship of TMK @ E3, Reply #203

Let’s not forget another favorite post of the year, which is also worth a read if you haven’t already…

-Runner-up-
Which games do you hate?, Reply #9 by Hirocon

Most Productive Poster
There has to be one person in the Fungi Forums who’s posts have an extra bit of love baked into every one. This particular poster happens to pay very close attention to all of her posts. Many of them are very fancy-looking, proving that she is also a true master of the BBcode. You know every time that you see her name in the poster column, something good is sure to follow!

Sapphira

You can’t leave out someone else who has truly been extremely productive this year! This guy loves flash, and is great at posting quality material…

-Runner-up-
Suffix

Smartest Poster
Not much more needs to be said about this topic. From knowledge of mathematics to Mario know-how, this guy has all the bases covered. We have oftentimes been amazed by his seemingly infinite knowledge of the Mario world. He also seems to have quite a grasp on the real world too. His contribution to the forum by upgrading it is a testament to his intellect.   

Megabyte

We cannot forget someone who is also quite intelligent indeed. He, too, seems to have mastered the use of his brain…

-Runner-up-
BlackMage

Most Amiable Poster 
When you were new, you wanted someone who was a friendly face. This poster has offered that to many people here at TMK. Her great personality and polite posting style has made many people believe that she is the most amiable poster here. It is hard to disagree that she is nice. In fact, she is so nice that she helped me out with the awards. Without her, I probably wouldn’t have had this ceremony as nice as it is.

Sapphira

Let’s not forget a poster who is also a friendly face here at TMK. Give a round of applause for this kindly young man…

-Runner-up-
Markio

Best Signature
(By Sapphira) It all started when this poster was drying his hands with one of those air-dryer things in a public restroom. He noticed the picture on it, which showed the button being pressed and then wavy red lines coming from the vent as a result. Thinking the lines resembled bacon, he thought, “Why would anyone want bacon after just washing their hands?” Thus the funny, clever, and just plain weird signature we have here.

Koopaslaya for his “Push Button, Receive Bacon! ®”

We had a two way tie for second place, so obviously, these sigs must be good. Read them, ponder them, learn from them…

-Runners-up-
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. (Sapphira) 
“He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose.” (Watoad)

Funniest Poster
Need someone to brighten up your day? Look for one of this poster’s posts. They are sure to make you, as Sapphira would say, go XD. I am pretty sure that nearly every post of his has included a funny quote or saying. Never once has anyone believed his zany actions weren’t funny! Thus the funniest poster award belongs to this person.

Lizard Dude

We also have another funny guy floating around here. He pretty much runs the place, but he also pretty much is one of the more funny guys around…

-Runner-up-
Deezer

Most Creative Poster
We had a two way tie for most creative poster. These two spend a lot of time making each of their posts count. They both thrive on creativity. Rarely is there a dull moment when either of these two post. Whether it is through awesome images, funny videos, or just plain ol’ text, these two poster have demonstrated a knack for creativity.

I am proud to present this award to none other than the duo of… 
Sapphira
and
Watoad

Deezer Award
Thank you, Deezer, for all the hard work. You’ve done a great job with the site. Keep it up! (I guess TEM is the only one who thought that he himself was worthy of being bestowed this honor)

It is with the upmost respect I present the coveted Deezer Award to none other than…

Deezer

HONORABLE MENTION-

Poster of the Year
Lizard Dude

Topic of the Year
Draw Something Cool by Lizard Dude

Post of the Year
Religion, Reply #264 (Watoad)

Most Productive Poster
Watoad

Most Amiable Poster
Luigison

Best Sig
It is an utterly inescapable miasma of pure, mind-shattering MADNESS from which no mind can awake! (Lizard Dude)

Funniest Poster
Yoshisaurus Rex

Most Creative Poster
Suffix

I would like to thank the rest of the Awards staff for another spectacular award ceremony! A special thanks goes to Sapphira for putting together the wonderful images. I would also like to thank everyone who voted. I can safely say that I can’t wait till next year!  We hope you have enjoyed the show!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:44:06 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2006, 09:14:40 PM »
Yay! Great job on the ceremony! *applauds greatly*

The certificates were very well done! Once again, TMK is the best Mario site on the web! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2006, 09:17:26 PM »
*applauds with enthusiasm*

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2006, 09:19:32 PM »
Sorry, but I had to do this:
W00T!!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:21:16 PM by Khold »

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2006, 09:21:58 PM »
Uh... o_0
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2006, 09:30:27 PM »
Holy wow, those awards look great. Nice work Koopaslaya and Sapph on hosting the 2005 poster awards. ;D

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »
I printed out my award and hung it on my door. ^_^

P.S. I got owned in the tiebreakers.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2006, 11:16:54 PM »
I was gonna do that!

Print