Print

Author Topic: Dumbest/Funniest/Best things ever in MKDS Wifi  (Read 2487 times)

« on: February 02, 2006, 06:57:48 PM »
Self-Explanatory.

I was racing 3 other people in GCN Yoshi Circuit, we all got mushrooms, all of the others used the mushrooms too early, and we all crossed the shortcut near the beginning. Everyone fell except me, then they try it again and fall again!

I Blue Shell'd myself

I shot a red shell, then took the shortcut mentioned above in GCN Yoshi circuit, the red shell hits me.

I got a blue shell in Rainbow Road, the 1 other guy in 1st started reversing. I did too so I won't get caught in the blast. The guy reversed over the edge!

Someone in DK Pass hit a Snowman, but see, it was the last race. He disconnected, but he won the 3 other races.

I have Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress and others available for pick on my list of tracks.

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 07:04:13 PM »
I have too many funny stories. I'll post up the funnies later. I should get my no sound camera and record a few races with you guys. :D

I can't remember who's sig it was, but it was "Blue shell on the last leg of the last lap. Typical.". Always happens to me. Once, when I was in first place on the last level on 150cc Mirror, a blue shell hit me. I would've had THREE stars by my name! I haven't been able to do it again, either... :-\

Once I got four blue shells in a row in under twenty seconds while I was in fourth place. It was online with three really good players. I won! ;D

Funny videos coming soon!

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
The sig was from Suffix.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »
Hmmm.... Well, not many funny things have happened to me in MKDS. Mainly because I usually lose. ::)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »
Funny things don't happen to me in Mario Kart DS either. Mostly cause I can't go online and my only copy belongs to my little brother. :-\
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 09:12:15 PM »
I had a pretty good one occur... let's see if I can remember it...

I was racing against a single opponent, near the end of the difinitive final track (we were both Yoshi, by the way).
I was in a narrow lead, but then he got a blue shell.  I tried to stay close to him so that he wouldn't get a chance to use it.  I slowed down considerably.  So did he, until we were both stopped, frozen at a tactical impasse.  I drove forward a bit, and he backwards, then we revesred directions.  We went back and forth like this for a bit, occasionally hitting each other, laughing the whole time (well, I was laughing; I can only assume he was, too), until I finally had to relinquish the win.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 09:14:40 PM by Fifth »
Go Moon!

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 09:12:54 PM »
The match was 1 on 1...my opponent was snaking (note- I want to also clarify that I support snaking), and I suck at it. The 2nd race I had noticed he has his kart facing the goal line and puts it in reverse when I am reaching the end. So 3rd race I stop the kart and sat in my chair waiting to see what will happen.
I drove a bit backwards...then forwards...then turned from side to side...hopped a bit...hopped some more...and then more... (I thought he would think it was morse code, man am I stupid)
I had some mushrooms on me, I drove a little further towards the goal, and this guy would have won if he just checked the bottom screen, then I used the mushroom.
The stupid thing is, I repeated the same thing in the final race. I can assume two things... He, despite his skills in the game, never thinks to check the bottom screen to see if I have items that grant speed boosts. The other theory is he felt he'd rather have  fun then chalk up another easy win. I'll go with the latter.

Edit 1: Making what the opponent did easier to comprehend.
Edit 2: Fixing a small grammar error.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 09:19:02 PM by NNY273000 »
~~~
Working out for an hour and a half makes you get bigger muscles. Writing for an hour and a half makes you a better writer
~Stephen King

Print