Print

Author Topic: Flashback  (Read 10446 times)

« on: February 13, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »
Think into your far past. What are the oldest memories you have of your life? I have two memories that I have that I consider to be my oldest:

I remember being in a daycare center as an infant and trying to open a plastic hourglass-like toy.
I remember living at my grandparents' house at the age of two and exploring the basement by myself and looking into the dark and seeing two glowing eyes staring at me. They were in fact, the eyes of their dog Growley I, who is long dead now.

What are the oldest memories that you can possibly recall?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 07:34:21 PM by nintendoexpert89 »

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 07:19:24 PM »
I remeber, when I was 4, blowing out my birthday candles. The crowd was screaming "Blow IT!", i was terrifeid of the fire. i screamed. i cried. i don't wanna blow out the fire, mommy!
Most Wishy-Washy

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 07:21:39 PM »
Interesting idea for a topic. One of my earliest memories is from kindergarten, at good ol' Columbia Valley Gardens. I remember writing upwards of 312 on a long, printing calculator spool. It would take some serious brainstorming for me to reach back and remember events before kindergarten (in which I was 5 years old).

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 07:24:10 PM »
I remeber, when I was 4, blowing out my birthday candles. The crowd was screaming "Blow IT!", i was terrifeid of the fire. i screamed. i cried. i don't wanna blow out the fire, mommy!

Crowd?

Hm. I remember rocking my little brother in a little bouncy rocker thing... Does that count? I also remember many dreams, both scary and fun, that I had when I was little, sometimes over and over again. One such dream was where I was playing an arcade game, and a monster came out of the screen, grew to the size of Godzilla, and I ran from it until I woke up. Quite scary, for a boy of my age.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 07:25:56 PM »
The oldest memory that I can think of is this:

I was just a baby, and I had woken up hungry t night. My dad carried me down the stairs, with me slung over his back. We walked into the kitchen. He put me down in a high chair and turned on the light. It was a harsh fluorescent light. I watched as he took a bottle out of the refrigerator and warmed it up in a pot of water on the stove. He then fed me and took me back upstairs.

I think I was about 8 months old.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »
You can actually remember that far back? Lucky!
I'm a horrible person.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 07:28:01 PM »
The first thing I am able to remember is at my grandparents house. They had orange carpeting. I remember it was the first steps I took and my family applauding. The rest is pretty much a blur, but I do recall walking for the first time.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 07:28:14 PM »
The oldest dream I can remember was what I think, is the most horrifing dream I ever had. It was when I lived in Oahu when I was three, and my brother and I had to share a bed. In my dream, I was just awake and staring into the quiet darkness. Then my brother turned his face towards me, screaming and cackling, and his eyes were glowing bright green.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 07:28:53 PM »
You can actually remember that far back? Lucky!

Yes I've always been told that I have a rather good memory.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 07:31:41 PM »
I was also told I have good memory. I can even remember when I learned to write the number eight. "Draw an S and close the gate... now you make number eight!"

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 07:33:17 PM »
Heh, i was just looking through this pile of papers, and i saw this "drawing" I made when i was 10 months old. I just got a flashback.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 07:34:53 PM »
dude677 inspired me to rename the topic.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 07:37:22 PM »
I feel wanted!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 07:43:21 PM »
Let's see here...the oldest memory I can recall is back when I still lived in South Carolina, and I remember my brother going off to school, and I was left home with my father (it might have been my mother) to watch silly cartoons.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 09:46:11 AM »
Hm... well, there's two options.  One memory was when I was two, and we got our first dog.  That happened a month before I turned three.  Another memory is of me in my old garage sucking on my toes, which tasted kinda like mild salt.

When we got our first dog, I remember the dogs would untie my shoes, and I was trying to tell the man that the dogs were untying my shoes, but I felt trapped with such a small vocabulary.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print