8 (36.4%)
No.
8 (36.4%)
Uh.
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: April 15, 2006, 04:29:56 PM

Print

Author Topic: What should Luigison do?  (Read 10974 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »
It depends on the person for me.

When I was younger, I used to have a crew cut every Summer (my mother forced me to). This happened from around when I was 5 until around the age of 11.

It didn't look very cute anymore once I gained weight. (I started gaining around the age of 10.) So, picture a fat, bald kid with a space between his two front teeth who wore nothing but T-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops.

...Looking at old family movie clips, I bury myself into my arms, wondering why.

Once I convinced my mother to give control of my scalp to me, I just had it at a short length for awhile, cutting it once it grew a bit longer than normal. They drew the line at long hair, though, I didn't much care.

Skip to about age 14 or 15. You guys knew of my existence at this age. It was around this time where I argued with my parents for long hair.

Mom: "Boys aren't supposed to have long hair!"
Dad: "...You won't look very professional."

I constantly argued it, pointing out the fact that my father had long hair when he was my age. So, I just stopped getting my hair cut for awhile. They finally got the idea that I wanted to do what I wanted to make me happy, not because I wanted to be a part of what's in or not.

My father says it's fine for me, now, but my mother still hates it, and personifies my hair whenever I walk across my room.

"Ugh, it's like a shaggy animal on your head. Cut it."

It's at the point where if it's wet, it passes my shoulders. I want it long enough to reach my elbows, then I'll get it trimmed a bit.

So, IMO: Fat guys with very short or no hair = ....ehhhh, you need to have the right face for it.
Thin guys with short or no hair = fine
Girls with long hair = good
Girls with short hair = good
Girls with hair long enough to sit on = crazy.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 11:56:50 PM »
Agreed. Totally.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 07:25:34 PM »
who wore nothing but T-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops.

Dude that sounds just like me. Well that part anyway, except the flip-flops. (Against school dresscode.)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »
Short girl hair doesn't usually do it for me, it looks alright for some girls, but usually it turns me off.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 07:36:39 PM »
Well, funny thing. I just shaved my head today.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 07:38:51 PM »
Short girl hair doesn't usually do it for me, it looks alright for some girls, but usually it turns me off.
I also think that long hair looks better on most girls. No offense.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:40:26 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »
My hair is a fairly long "shag". My mother says that as long as my grades are up, my hair can stay. Yeah, I'd agree that females look more attractive with longer hair. But, this is all just me.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 07:50:07 PM »
What matters to me if they're 100% girl first of all. Don't know with some of those freaks out there. I don't care if they have long or short hair. Sometimes it matters, but most of the time I don't care. It helps if they're pretty too. I mean if they're ugly, the hair isn't the turn-off anymore.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:44 PM »
Well, funny thing. I just shaved my head today.

:D PIX?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 09:30:20 PM »
Grades determines hair length? wtd
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 09:30:31 PM »
I had a crewcut once.  Did it myself.  It was easy and cheap.  Looked bad though.

My wife likes my hair long.  I'm not sure how long though.  At least as long as when we met.  If you've seen my high school graduation pic, that about the length it was.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 11:22:50 PM »
Grades determines hair length? wtd

Agreed.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 12:04:22 AM »
My mom hates girls hair short, like near to the head. She says it's unfiminine and guess what? I totally agree, but some hair, like short hair on some women, not younger girls, looks all right.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 12:52:22 AM »
Longer hair > short hair (on girls)

...But not too, too long or scraggly looking. For girls, I classify "short" as above chin-length.
For actually on me, though, above shoulder-length is too short.

Turning my quote around:
I mean, some people (girls) look okay with it shorter, but when I see it at a longer length (either from past pictures) or it's longer and they get it cut short, I always think it looks better longer.

Yes, I'm a traditional "guys with short hair, girls with long hair" person.

As with guys, on girls different styles, though, vary from person to person on what looks better (IMO). Style (for both genders) includes specific length, not vague, general length (like "short" or "long").

My hair length has ranged from shoulder-length to my mid-back (not including when I was a baby). Typically, though, it ranges from ~1-4 inches below my shoulders. Once it gets to a certain length, it annoys me; that's usually when I decide to get a haircut. It's gotten pretty long now; I'd guess 4 1/2 inches below the shoulders? It's hard to "measure" because my hair is layered.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 04:28:54 AM »
There's this woman I see visit the library every once in a while whose hair is in dreadlocks that go past her knees.

Print