Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1705223 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5235 on: February 12, 2009, 08:17:45 AM »
Yeah, I can't stand it when people display an appallingly low level of grammatical/literary knowledge. I also wish I could be like Shakespeare and just spontaneously make up words and portmanteauxs in the middle of a story.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5236 on: February 12, 2009, 09:50:11 AM »
Another girl in the class didn't know what concrete (something that is not abstract and you can feel/touch) meant. When we were asked to describe an orange, my teacher said to use concrete details and she asked "What does that mean?" Most of the class facepalmed.

Honestly, how in the world do you not know what concrete means? 
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5237 on: February 12, 2009, 02:01:46 PM »
In eighth grade, my homeroom and history teacher was Mrs. Valdivia. In history class, we went around the room, each of us reading a paragraph or two out of the book out loud. One day, we were reading about the explorer Pedro de Valdivia. The girl who got the first paragraph about him couldn't pronounce his name. Even though she clearly had no problem pronouncing that name whenever she needed to go to the bathroom.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5238 on: February 12, 2009, 02:59:30 PM »
It enrages me when people bandy about the term "cynical". Like random, about 98% of people who use the word don't know what it means.
every

« Reply #5239 on: February 12, 2009, 05:37:57 PM »
I remember some girl in my 8th grade English class once asked "How do you spell 'we?' As in 'we would?'"

« Reply #5240 on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:33 PM »
There was girl in my eigth grade English class that got mad at me because when the teacher let us help her grade some of our papers, she mispelled the word mourning: she forgot the u, thus making it morning.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5241 on: February 12, 2009, 09:10:02 PM »
Some girl in my Government class earlier this year didn't know what "discrimination" meant. My friend tried to explain it to her while I tried to decide whether to smash the desk in rage or cry in pain.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5242 on: February 12, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »
Clearly she has never played Tales of Symphonia.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5243 on: February 12, 2009, 10:08:08 PM »
Funny how none of us have mentioned how angry we are about a guy who doesn't know the meaning of simple words.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:12:18 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5244 on: February 12, 2009, 11:13:21 PM »
Why is every anecdote about an 8th grade girl????????????

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5245 on: February 12, 2009, 11:23:03 PM »
Eighth grade girls are pretty much the nexus of the universe.

« Reply #5246 on: February 12, 2009, 11:25:20 PM »
And that's what I told the officer, too, but he still arrest me. :/

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5247 on: February 13, 2009, 12:27:12 AM »
Well, February 13 just turned into the worst day ever.  I'm recovering from a badly sore throat, and I was asleep for about an hour and a half when my parents, who had been gone pretty much all day and night, called me upstairs.  The mood was very solemn, and my thoughts were that maybe my dad had decided to sell his plant business after all of these years.  Nope, it was even worse.  It turns out one of my favorite uncles committed sucide last night (look at the clock).  This may seem like a trivial reason to miss him, but he was the one who gave me my first can of Pepsi.  Now, obviously I miss him because of way more than that, but that was always one of my favorite memories, and he was always just the best.  It really hasn't hit yet...I guess I'll have to sleep on it.  This is going to be a long weekend.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #5248 on: February 13, 2009, 12:51:06 AM »
I'm gonna have angst if I see one more FOR REAL thread.

Sheesh, it's funny the first time, but this is just ridiculous.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5249 on: February 13, 2009, 01:03:32 AM »
Dang...I'm sorry to hear that, Jman.

...jmdblazer's angst sounds stupid after Jman's.

One thing that makes me RAAAGE: "Retro" Elitists

"<Cesque> SPRITES AND NES MUSIC > MODELS AND ORCHESTRATED MUSIC"

Rgggghl....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 02:31:02 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

Print