Print

Author Topic: My idea for a Mario game...it involves Luigi and Daisy being main characters.  (Read 9237 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 11:38:42 PM »
Actually, Luigi talks quite a bit... in fact, you can barely get him to shut up in PMTTYD. The thing is, your main character doesn't talk. In the M&L games he is as quiet as Mario, because he's a main character. I believe the reason is Miyamoto's desire to have you, the player, put yourself in Mario's shoes (or Luigi's when he's part of your party). As a result, Mario doesn't do anything without your say-so. Note that in Luigi's Mansion, Mario said "Get me outta heeeeeeeere!!!" from inside the painting, while Luigi responded with "......!!" But Luigi made quite a few comments when you'd check things with the GBH. If Luigi got his own RPG he'd be paired up with an original character that talked (if anyone). It's been that way in every Mario RPG:
SMRPG: Mallow Geno, Bowser, Toadstool (no, the two latter aren't new, but they've never been your allies before)
PM: Partners, whichever was out would do the talking
M&L:SS: The only exception...
PMTTYD: Your partners again
M&L:PiT: Stuffwell
Edit: You never said it was an RPG, but I assumed that since Luigi needed a partner it would be. You don't need to talk in a side-scroller, really...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 11:45:14 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 12:41:36 AM »
Luigi talked a few lines in M&L:SS, but that was because he was in disguise. Still, that doesn't really count...

*steps out of topic again and peers in on the people inside*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 03:38:18 AM »
Ah! Very good point! I completely forgot about that. Well, it's a bit strange to think of that now... Anyway, silent protagonists are awesome.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 10:30:48 AM »
How is my game idea unoriginal though?  Have you ever played a game besides Super Mario Land in which you rescue Daisy?  Have you ever played a game with Luigi as the star, besides Luigi's Mansion?
Ever heard of Mario is Missing?  I've never played it, but I've heard it's terrible.  But I agree.  I'd like to see Luigi star in a game that doesn't involve him saving Mario.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:35 AM »
This sounds like a pretty good idea, Clark Beyer, but remember that the main antagonist of the game is a very important character.  Without a main villain who is interesting, mysterious, or very much unique, the interest of the player can evaporate fairly quickly.  I always used to think that such character only needed one personality trait, which was basically cruelty.  However, with a villain who has depth and an interesting motive, the player may want to continue through the game just to figure out of mystery behind such character.   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 01:14:59 PM »
http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/games/mw\

Here's Mario & Wario, the game Wanda appeared in. She's in that first screen.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 02:39:55 PM »
Yah, but, sadly, that game never reached shores outside Japan. 
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 05:12:47 PM »
That doesn't mean Wanda can't be brought back for Clark's game idea. ;')

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 08:14:23 PM »
They're planing on doing a Zelda movie and I think Link never says a word in the whole movie.  I think they can pull it of.

Anyway.  I've was working on a story line for a luigi game where he has to defeat Kammy Koopa's older brother from gaining ultimate power by reaching the Magikoopa Artifact.  Both Luigi and Kammy's Brother (I named him Cyrano) reach it at the same time and luigi loses his fear and takes the inititave to fight.  The gameplay was basically Paper Mario style fighting, but you never went to a stage.  All fighting was real time but with PM rules.  You could do something like that.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 01:47:23 PM »
Who's planning on making a Zelda movie? How come the rest of us haven't heard?

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »
Well, nothing has been stated about the movie besides that it is going to be made at sometime.  I read it in some article from Nintendo a while ago.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 06:33:07 PM »
Sounds like a rumor. I'm still pondering the existance of the Metroid movie.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 08:18:44 PM »
I'd love to see a Metroid movie as long as they don't assign Samus' role to some popular, slutty celebrity who can't act.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 08:25:13 PM »
*cough*Angelina Jolee*cough*

I also hope that they don't have a really bad director that is always the one to ruinvideo game movies *cough*Ewe Boll*cough*

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 12:20:05 AM »
*gives Solidmushroom some cough medicine*

Metroid and Zelda movies would pwn. However, one that I'd really want to see is a Starfox movie.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print