Print

Author Topic: Prank Phone Calls  (Read 5397 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: July 27, 2006, 02:47:46 AM »
Have you ever prank called someone? Has anyone ever prank called you? If neither has happened, what would you say in a prank call and what would you say in response to a prank call?
Once I prank called my parents, pretending to try to sell them a bathtub. And once I prank called a friend warning them about excess idiocy causing his house to explode. I've never been prank called, but if I got the classic "Is your refrigerator running?" I'd say something like "Yeah, I called for help catching it like, four days ago." Or "Yes, and my gun is missing! You'd better lock your doors!!" Or quite possibly even "Yes, he's quite far ahead in the polls," if it were around election time. Or, if a telemarketer called and asked for my mom, I'd fake an extremely deep, masculine voice and say "Yes, this is she," and play along until about 5 minutes later, then say "Nope, not interested." It's too bad caller ID kills the fun.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 07:12:52 AM »
Prank calls are not funny.  If someone pranked called me I'd hunt them down and knock down their house.  I wouldn't tell them I was going to knock down their house right away though.  First I'd clean their windows.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 07:43:56 AM »
Prank calls can sometimes be hilarious. The ones BP mentioned are pretty funny. But I don't think I've ever been prank called (or prank called anyone) except possibly for one time when some jerk called my house and insultingly asked me whether I had a brain. That was a non-funny kind.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:35:11 AM »
I second Luigison.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »
Sometimes when my mom or my brother or sister call the house, I pretend to be my mom or my sister or my brother.  It usually works for a second before I give myself away.  Except that one time when I pretended to be my mom when I was talking to my mom on the phone...

If I were prank called, I'd hang up.

TEM, don't say anything about mud.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:54:28 AM »
When I was on the YMCA swim team and I needed a ride home, I would often call home and pretend to be one of the spies from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I'd say:

"Thees ees X... Zend tranzport immEEdiatlee!"

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 12:11:34 PM »
I loved those guys!

But anyway, I have never fallen victim to a prank call, though I have been a predator once or twice.  I mainly prank call my sister. 
Though I never do this anymore, I used to find it fun to immitate a character from Napolean Dynamite.  Or Ned Shneebly.  If you don't understand that, then nevermind. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:29:40 PM »

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »
I've been Prank Called before, and one of the recorded message became a hilarious sensation in my house. For those of you who hate prank calls, it's really no big deal! It's just a harmless joke, and the chances of you actually meating the pranker are slim.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »
... meating the pranker ...
Sounds like a Meeting the Fockers spoof.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 01:54:23 PM »
Once when I was a little kid, a friend of mine prank called me as some girl from school. He asked me if I liked "her." I said "ew, no." Up untill a few days ago I thought that girl hated me. I just found out that it was my friend. He told me on Sunday.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 02:34:49 PM »
Back when we were in junior high, my buddy dared me to prank call my ex-girlfriend and ask for a dude named "Al". She didn't know who I was and told me that there were no Als around (her dad's name was Tim and she had no brothers). I don't know if she knew it was a prank or not because my buddy was laughing his butt off in the background. I think he sort of liked her.

I miss being in middle school. You could get away with so much stupid stuff. I have to say, though, that high school was more fun in general. And just for the record, college sucks compared to high school and middle school. You pay a ton of money for the same classes, and the people (students and teachers) aren't as awesome as they were in high school.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 07:52:29 PM »
Prank calls rule. I prefer to be on the giving end of one but receiving them is okay.

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 09:17:09 PM »
I'm with TEM.

Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »
Yes, receiving them is never nearly as good as making them, but this one time I was in a hotel room in Chicago with some buddies. There were some guys we knew in the hotel in a different room, and they knew we were there (we didn't know they were). Our phone rang and on the other end was Spanish music. It happened again a few minutes later. We had no idea what was going on. Then we saw one of the guys we knew from the other room in the lobby and told him what had happened. We pretty much caught him dead on. The whole thing was pretty funny.

Print