Print

Author Topic: XXIV annual Golden Joystick Awards final nominees  (Read 6041 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: August 06, 2006, 01:20:23 AM »
Of the 17 categories in this year's Golden Joystick Awards, something from the Mario series appears in nine of them. Mario Kart DS, which has a whopping six nominations, is joined by New Super Mario Bros. in the Ultimate Game of 2006 category. In addition to NSMB's three nominations and Super Princess Peach's two, Mario himself is up for the Favourite Character Award. Here are all of the Mario-related games in the running:

Girls Choice Award: Mario Kart DS, Super Princess Peach
Handheld Game of the Year: Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendo Game of the Year: Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros.
Nuts All-Nighter Award: Mario Kart DS
One to Watch 2007: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Online Game of the Year: Mario Kart DS
The Sun's Family Game Award: Super Princess Peach
Ultimate Game of 2006: Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros.

Voting is open to everyone at GoldenJoystick.com. The award ceremony will take place on October 27th in London, and will be webcast live on ComputerAndVideoGames.com.

Link: Golden Joystick Awards
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:33:36 AM by MEGAߥTE »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 09:39:08 AM »
They have an awards show for video games? Man, I feel uninformed.....

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »
Funny, I thought most people at least knew of the infamous SpikeTV VG Awards.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 09:06:14 PM »
This one is understandable though... It appears to be based in Europe.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 11:08:01 AM »
Funny, I thought most people at least knew of the infamous SpikeTV VG Awards.

I don't consider that a real Video Game Awards Show. Espacially since it's on a channel that otherwise has nothing to do with video games.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 01:09:31 PM »
I know, the show is more with music and movies, but I'm definetly voting.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 03:43:43 AM »
The choices for Most Innovative were horrible, as nearly all the games are sequels or not that innovative. I voted for Nintendogs, just because it really was the most original out of those choices. Good games, mostly, just not that innovative. The first Katamari innovative? Yes. The sequel? Heck no.

The choices for Best Character were rather poor, too.

Kirby: Canvas Curse should have been on way more of those lists than just Best Handheld. I would have voted it for Most Innovative. :)

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 07:48:42 AM »
Theres not really a good variety of choices. Theres not a good variety in All-Nighters or fave characters (Luigi AND Link should've been in there, as well as some others).

On the voting page, it says guys, keep out of the girly categories. Tee-hee!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 07:55:49 AM »
Whoops.  I failed to read that and voted for a girly game.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »
Aaaaagghh!!  I can't choose between Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl! 
Oh, well, even though I want to vote, I don't wanna reveal personal information. (where I live and that kind of crap)

I'm with you, pt_peach and Lizzard Dude, on the horrible choices.  The favorite character list was lacking Yoshi.  I can understand Link's absence, since the most recent Zelda game was released January 2005 on American shores.

These are what I'm rooting for
All-Nighters: Mario Kart DS (So many times have I played this baby in bed)
Innovation: The only game I saw there that was even worthy of being considered 'innovative' was Nintendogs
Girls Choice: Yay, Mario Kart DS! (Hah!  I'm a girl, I chose Mario Kart DS, there ya have it :P )
Family Game: Pokemon XD

The other categories have one I'd obviously choose, have no games I either like or have played, or I just can't choose between certain games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 12:32:23 AM »
I chose Mario Kart DS, too, cause I've never played Super Princess Peach before!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print