Print

Author Topic: Warning! Don't put Pelican memory cards in your Wii!  (Read 7685 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »
Oh, then let me balance it out.  I have a MadCatz controller for my GameCube because my first-party controller stopped working before too long.  It's fine.

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 06:49:57 PM »
I have a MadCatz transparent blue Xbox controller (the original, large flavor!) and the only thing wrong with it is the A button is a little sticky. That is reasonable, though, because it's about 4 years old and, being a third party accessory, isn't expected to live that long anyway. Also, I brought it to a party and a kid who just got finished spilling his soda all over his hands used it, possibly helping/hurting the problem. Overall, though, a good controller.

I really like the original large Xbox controllers because they fit my hands better (I have large hands), don't give me pain after hours of playing and the Black and White buttons are much more conveniently placed (above the Y button).

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »
Argh, I hate soda-stickiness.

Early last year, I had a pretty good PS2 style USB joypad (what isn't PS2-style these days?), and it was awesome, and then some Kool-Aid spilled near it and it was sticky forevermore.

I tried eventually disassembling so I could carefully clean it out, but I couldn't put controller together again.  So I tossed it.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »
Yeah, it's getting to the point where I'm probably going to buy a first-party big-size controller, if I can find one, since I might be getting Xbox Live soon. I don't want to be held back by a sticky A button. This doesn't make it a bad controller though, just... I would prefer something a bit better if I were to play on Live.

Oh, another contributing factor is ESPN NFL 2K5 (an awesome game). The turbo is to repeatedly tap A, so maybe sticky + overuse = bad.

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 09:41:19 PM »
Someone once spilled orange soda over my Wavebird controller. It worked fine for about a year until the buttons became unresponsive due to stickiness. Also, the controller port wasn't sensing the controller anymore.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 11:42:23 PM »
I had an exploding Dr Pepper incident with the controller that came with my GameCube. It's almost okay... The buttons are a bit sticky but the only one that's really aggravating is B. There must be something that cures soda sticky buttons. dezzer should be able to fix it since the B button is red, but no one knows where he is.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 11:45:16 PM »
See this is why I don't allow food and drinks anywhere in my room. Except for my computer desk.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 11:55:18 PM »
You computer desk is food?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »
Nintendo plainly states in manuals that you should use a damp toothbrush and scrub the button places and then wait for it to dry. Personally I would squirt some lighter fluid or goo gone or something in it and scrub it down.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 04:57:56 PM »
See this is why I don't allow food and drinks anywhere in my room. Except for my computer desk.

Your computer desk... the one place where one spill can cost you hundreds of dollars? Makes sense to me.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 05:43:18 PM »
Not to worry, he uses a Mac.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »
A Big Mac?  His computer AND his desk are food?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 10:22:40 PM »
Uhhhhh, no, he means the Mack computers.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 12:03:39 AM »
Yay for completely ruining my sentence. :|

But yes, I allow some drinks, such as a cup or bottle of water (usually the latter) on my computer desk. Food, such as a package of cookies or a bag of chips, would stay near my chair, where I would usually pick it up and eat whatever is inside. I make sure to throw away stuff if I'm finished with it in the garbage next to the desk. I have a spare keyboard ready if something such as the water would spill onto the keyboard.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 12:12:13 AM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2006, 09:45:21 AM »
Good cause we wouldn't want Homestar coming in pouring Mountain Dew on your only keyboard.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print