Print

Author Topic: How Does Yoshi Have Kids  (Read 5090 times)

« on: October 12, 2005, 08:14:42 PM »
  What is up with the male yoshi puckeing up eggs what do the girl yoshi do.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
According to the Japanese text on the Yoshi trophy in SSBM, there are no genders of Yoshis, they're all the same.

As for how they reproduce, they probably just come from normal eggs, and aren't messed around with (As in, if a Yoshi doesn't throw it, it'd hatch into a baby Yoshi over an extended period of time.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 10/12/2005 8:42:42 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »
They lay eggs. They do not "puke" them.
This comes up every now and then, and usually people just decide that Yoshies are asexual.
Somebody said once that males lay eggs whenever they eat enemies, to use as weapons, and that only females lay eggs to reproduce. I guess that makes the most sense of anything I've heard.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Edited by - Screech on 10/12/2005 8:41:06 PM
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 11:11:05 PM »
My theory is that all yoshis lay eggs. But only those laid by a female can hatch. And that only happens in a chicken-type of way. They lay eggs all the time but they only hatch when fertilized. This belongs in Mariology, though...

Why do they give electric toothbrushes names like there are different models? They''re not cars!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 07:33:40 AM »
Maybe all the females died and they left eggs all over Dino land like in the Star Worlds in SMW.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 12:50:15 PM »
Actually, Yoshis reproduce via a freak wormhole accident involving gravy that no one likes to talk about anymore.

You must've seen that coming.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 12:59:48 PM »
Female and male Yoshies DO exist as proven in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. They lay eggs...well actually everyone else explained it fine.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 03:04:53 PM »
The baby Yoshi in PM:TTYD must be a boy.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 03:04:53 PM »
The baby Yoshi in PM:TTYD must be a boy.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 10:22:42 PM »
I would like to direct you to this thread.  :P

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 01:23:36 PM »
This should be in Mariology.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 04:02:32 PM »
Yoshis don't reproduce.  There was just a bunch of them from the start, and they didn't die.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 04:53:48 PM »
Maybe they're like sea horses...
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 05:28:38 PM »
Hmm... A female gives her eggs to the male? Considering the amount of eggs that have been bashed over the heads of enemies, I doubt it.

Edited by - Suffix on 10/15/2005 9:40:36 PM

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 07:02:42 PM »
Maybe the girlie colerd yoshis are the females but i dont see how eating a enemy makes a baby
Mario runs jumps swims fly save peach and throw vegtables sooooo... wears the iron six pack

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 07:02:43 PM »
Maybe the girlie colerd yoshis are the females but i dont see how eating a enemy makes a baby
Mario runs jumps swims fly save peach and throw vegtables sooooo... wears the iron six pack

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 08:15:21 AM »
Maybe the fruit evolves to a baby.

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2005, 08:59:35 PM »
put yoshi lore in a searh engine it ansers all yoshi related questions

buy the way yoshi is ment to be yossy but they changed it cose its hard to say it right (dont ask me why i dont even know)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2005, 10:37:14 PM »
How are you backing that statement? I've never heard of such a thing.

Edited by - Suffix on 10/15/2005 9:41:18 PM

Print