Print

Author Topic: Is Game Boy dead?  (Read 29934 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2006, 03:52:58 PM »
It's okay, Jeevanathan (I hope I spelled that right) just needs a little help on the whole topic-starting thing. Just remember that there have been about a jabillion game collection threads, so you can either go to one of those or start one with a slightly different spin.
every

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2006, 07:37:51 PM »
It's okay, Jeevanathan (I hope I spelled that right) just needs a little help on the whole topic-starting thing. Just remember that there have been about a jabillion game collection threads, so you can either go to one of those or start one with a slightly different spin.

Oh, okay. I understand now.

On the topic of GBA, I've noticed that alot of it's older games are becoming top sellers again. E.I., the Mario advance seris. Hey, at least it's not dora the explorer.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2006, 06:37:32 AM »
I'm guessing you have a subscription to Nintendo Power, too, eh?
That is definitely a good sight to see. I practically had a heart attack when I saw Dora the Explorer on the top-selling list, and at Number 1! I thought about all of the good games out there for the GBA and then looked at the DtE game. Just as NP said, "Really?"

I'm glad the GBA is not totally dead yet, because it still plays old GB and GBC games. The DS can't even play GBC games, as far as I've heard. But, a lot of the newest and the best games are coming out for the DS, so it's good to have both if you still enjoy, say, Pokemon Red but would like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »
I will consider the Game Boy alive and kicking if Nintendo brings the Play-Yan accessory to the US. They can make a DS version, as long as there is a full-featured GBA version, too.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2006, 05:57:25 PM »
Uhhh, a GBA version would work on the DS as well. Anyway, why is it so important that we keep the low-tech GBA on shelves? I just don't UNDERSTAND the point of this topic.You're paranoid of GBA games ceasing to be made, as if it means the end for Nintendo.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2006, 06:30:44 PM »
How don't you understand it?  Game Boy is one of Nintendo's major products, almost a tradition!  If it were to die, we would all be sad.  That's why this topic is here.  We aren't afraid of the end of Nintendo because of the coming of the Wii, we just would hate to see the Game Boy go.  The reason for our feelings is because it would be the end of an era, even if the GBA is low-tech compared to some other devices on the market (such as the DS).

Actually, the first Nintendo system I ever owned was a Game Boy Pocket.
-------------

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »
I know, the GB has been in nintendo for many years, It ws one of the first portable systems, and when nintendo abandons it for the Wii and DS, we can't just be like all normal, it's an important nintendo game system.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2006, 09:23:29 PM »
How don't you understand it?  Game Boy is one of Nintendo's major products, almost a tradition!  If it were to die, we would all be sad.

It's a piece of electronic equipment! Did you weep for your CD player when mp3 players came out?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2006, 07:41:36 AM »
Actually, MP3 didn't kill the CD format. But I did weep when Microsoft abandonded (no, shunned) the Xbox 1 to work on the 360.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2006, 06:09:02 PM »
The original Xbox is completely out of production now.
I'm all in favor of keeping Game Boy around since there will always be good button-controlled games. Astro Boy <3
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2006, 10:06:56 PM »
I know Glorb, atleast nintendo keeps up with all their systems.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2006, 11:05:12 PM »
Actually, MP3 didn't kill the CD format. But I did weep when Microsoft abandonded (no, shunned) the Xbox 1 to work on the 360.
Sounds like something Yoshi55 would say about the NES and SNES...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2006, 11:14:47 PM »
My cousin had a Game Boy. It's one of the bright pink ones and I like to call it a "Game Girl" because it's pnk and my cousin happens to be a girl. She got hers in 2002 but I haven't seen her play it since about 2004 or so. Of course, we live about 1000 miles apart and only get to see each other twice a year. She's hopelessly addicted to Game Cube though.

I think she used to take it on car/bus trips but she got an iPod last Christmas so the Game Boy probably is gathering dust. Once she gets to eighth grade I'm sure her portable gaming will be done on a graphing calculator (unless she's like me and fills all her calculator memory with a periodic table program that really came in handy when I took chem, as I didn't have to use the paper table every time I wanted a mass).

I can't say for sure if Game Boy is dead or not. I see people with them all the time, but the age range seems to have gotten younger with them. The new fancy Game Boy with two screens seems more popular with older people though.

Mobile gaming for me was eliminated when I got a new cell phone that didn't have Blackjack on it last year. I would play Blackjack on many overnight bus trips back in the day.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »
Aww... choosing a calculator game over a Gameboy game? What's the world coming to?

By the way, the new fancy Gameboy with two screens isn't a Gameboy, its a DS. The 'third pillar'.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2006, 09:16:15 PM »
So many people played calculator games in my school. I had a baseball game on there but like I said the majority of my memory had a periodic table on it.

So the DS isn't a Game Boy, but isn't there some other Game Boy with letters after it? (I think it's either XP or SP, but I can't remember which).

Print