Print

Author Topic: The Frog Thread  (Read 8024 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: June 20, 2007, 01:39:43 PM »
Yeah, that's right, frogs! No cats allowed! Or pictures of cats, for that matter! Just frogs! And frog pictures!
every

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 01:41:06 PM »
No. No thank you. Sorry. Not a good idea in my book.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 01:53:49 PM »
Watch this thing get flooded with pictures of Crazy Frog AKA The Annoying Thing. Not good...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 02:31:38 PM »
No. No thank you. Sorry. Not a good idea in my book.

Dude, why is it okay that a cat thread can be made, but a frog one can't?

No offence to cat owners or Luigison of course. I just don't understand why Glorb can't admire his favorite animal in his own thread.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 02:36:20 PM »
The fact that Glorb likes frogs (and the fact that Luigison made a cat thread) is not the problem here.

The problem here is that "parody" threads are pretty annoying, unless it's really funny or is actually a worthy thread.

Another problem is that I don't think many people will post in this thread anyway. I don't have a problem with Luigison's thread because cats are a very popular pet and are already somewhat an internet phenomenon. Frogs, not so much.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:05:56 PM »
I'm getting tired of these threads...

*Goes to look for frog pictures*
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:57:28 PM »
I agree with bobman37. Parody threads are hard to make, and require a good amount of effort (see Which of these cats would you drive?, a parody of Which of these cars would you drive?) to be funny. This one isn't.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 01:14:13 AM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 09:22:36 AM »
The fact that Glorb likes frogs (and the fact that Luigison made a cat thread) is not the problem here.

The problem here is that "parody" threads are pretty annoying, unless it's really funny or is actually a worthy thread.

Another problem is that I don't think many people will post in this thread anyway. I don't have a problem with Luigison's thread because cats are a very popular pet and are already somewhat an internet phenomenon. Frogs, not so much.

So, only dumb Internet phenomenons are allowed in dumb joke threads? Besides, frogs rock. They're cuter than cats.
every

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 11:47:50 AM »
It isn't funny because you didn't make the thread out of humor. It's obvious that you made this just because you hate cats.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 12:31:26 PM »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »
Wow, Kermit sure loves his man boobs.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 12:49:42 PM »
So, only dumb Internet phenomenons are allowed in dumb joke threads? Besides, frogs rock. They're cuter than cats.

Luigison's thread is not really a joke thread, it's somewhat original (on these forums). The "dumb" part is arguable depending on personal opinion.

This one is a joke thread. Again, the "dumb" part being arguable. I think you already know my side of the "dumb" argument.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 01:24:42 PM »
Wow, Kermit sure loves his man boobs.

0_o

EDIT: That's gross, Sushieboy. *fixed because Bird Person fussed about it*
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:08:25 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »
A. Emoticons don't constitute posts.
B. Kermit isn't fat.
C. If anyone found my post offensive, I mean well.... no one was laughing from the thread, and I saw an opening...
D. There aren't so many frog pictures on the Internet, and even fewer have room for things like we get from cat pictures. They don't do as crazy of stuff. But, yes, amphibians are pretty awesome. I've wanted a salamander for the longest time. That is to say, I wanted a salamander the longest time ago. You know how these things are.
Edit: Well, they don't.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:09:38 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print