Print

Author Topic: Mario 128  (Read 11361 times)

« on: January 18, 2003, 03:52:14 PM »
What are your hopes and preditions about the upcoming game? here are mine-
NEW NAME!!!!!!(hopefully)
Luigi as a playable character
Wario and Waluigi as villians (bosses)

"I know what you''re thinking....all this power, AND looks, too!" -Bowser SMRPG

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 03:59:40 PM »
sorry for posting this twice........:(

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 04:08:14 PM »
Two players simultaneously with Mario and Luigi!
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 06:23:01 PM »
It would be good to have Wario & Waluigi as villains...& some things in levels can only be accomplished by one character.Like there might be this gaping hole that only Mario can get over with a spin jump because maybe Luigi dosent have spin jump attack.oh also,Mario could pick up Luigi to throw him places or visa versa!

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 09:49:11 PM »
Orange Yoshi in Mario Party 5!!! I mean, errr.... Never mind.

Still, All the neglected colors (Orange, Black, White, etc.) Should get a bigger role.

---I removed the link to thte picture to try and salvage what little respect I have left here.---

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/18/2003 9:32:56 PM
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 10:08:57 PM »
Without looking at it, I'm guessing it's from that dream you told us about with the psychedelic colors and all that jazz.

Anyway, I have no predictions about Mario 128.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »
YOU drew that Steve? That was the sickest Mario thing I have ever seen........You call yourself a Mario fan? Hope I don't though up on the keyboard.

L is real 2041!
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2003, 10:43:33 PM »
That's why I didn't go look at it.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2003, 11:00:21 PM »
So, Chupperson, Steve normally, uh, has similar taste, such that you can guess what a drawing of his would be like?

Steve and metalmallow, thank you for warning me about the picture. I also avoided going to the URL and checking it out.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2003, 11:06:33 PM »
HELLO!!!!!! This is called "Mario 128"...not "lets talk about how much we hate yoshi"...long title..i know

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2003, 11:06:35 PM »
HELLO!!!!!! This is called "Mario 128"...not "lets talk about how much we hate yoshi"...long title..i know

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2003, 11:06:51 PM »
Well, there was once a topic about dreams here, and he told us about a dream which sounds rather like his description of his picture...
Steve's great in BORED, but otherwise... uhh...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2003, 11:08:26 PM »
I don't hate Yoshi. And I don't think Watoad does either.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2003, 11:10:06 PM »
CashCrazed thought it was funny. But... that's him. He's into that kind of stuff, I guess.

No, I didn't draw that, well, all of it. I essentially took the Green Yoshi result from that Yoshi color test from a while ago, and then I glorified... err.... gorified it. All editing on it was done with MS Paint though.

An explanation of it quoted exactly from TUNMB:

--------------------------------------------------------

"I don't have a problem with Green Yoshi, I have a problem with what it represents.

To me, Green Yoshi represents popularity without being deserving of it. I mean, take SMW. Green Yoshi really can't do anything paticularly well, but he gets ALL the popularity. Red and Yellow Yoshi seem overly neglected in SMW, and they BOTH are better than Green Yoshi. (WHAT? They are. Both have powers.) I personally use Yellow Yoshi in SMW when I play at someone else's house. Most of the time I get:

"Why aren't you using Blue Yoshi? Why not just get a Green one?"

WELL, I'LL TELL YOU WHY. Yellow Yoshi is BETTER than Green Yoshi. He does things Green Yoshi cannot. As for Blue Yoshi, I like to break from conformity. Too many people play as Blue Yoshi. Ooooo, he can fly. I don't need that! That's the cheap way to beat the levels. (In that case, I use the cheap way to beat Tubular then.)

I personally think Red and Yellow Yoshi look cooler, too. Blue seems to blend too much with the white part. That is besides the point.

Now, let's apply this to the real world. Most of the so-called "popular" kids at our school REALLY CAN'T DO ANYTHING WELL! I think that people today seem to stick with kids they know they can outdo, just to look better. Most people veer away from others that do many things well because they would make them LOOK BAD. Most of my friends are actually not horribly good academically, but the difference is that none of them NEED the self-esteem boost being with someone that isn't as good as you gives. They'd prefer the honor of knowing someone notorious for their high standards (Sorry, but that IS what I am known throughout the school for) personally than getting a cheap boost off of an "average" person. I personally tend to judge peole by the way they act in relation to their abilities. The people I hate the most are arrogant despite the fact that they can't do what they are boasting about very well.

My hatred for Green Yoshi is a rebellion against this undeserving popularity. I really don't HATE the character, moreso what I THINK he represents. In a good world, people would be judged by what they can do and how they act, not used as a cheap boost for others.

PS: I apologize if this offended you.

------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it is pretty sickening, well to you people anyways. Relatively tame compared to what we watched in Language a while ago...

Ah well, to try to make up for the emotional life-scarring, here's an animated thing (No, it isn't sick AT ALL. It doesn't even have to do with Mario.) I made a while ago. My first ever animated GIF.

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/krazymonkey5/seizure3.gif

Once again, this one isn't violent at all. Just seizure inducing (Maybe).

PS: Considering how offended the people who actually saw it were, I'd say it was pretty realistic. For MS Paint, anyways.

PPS: Yes, I do call myself a Mario fan. A rather avid one, too. I think I spent about an hour on that picture, so...

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/18/2003 10:11:10 PM
~I.S.~

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2003, 11:15:54 PM »
Sorry for the confusion, mario_fan_128. I actually really like Yoshi (and all other Mario-related things).

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2003, 11:27:04 PM »
That picture of Yoshi steve could be a work of art if you put it in an art museum.It wasnt sickening.Its not scary either.Its a normal everyday picture.Now...in Mario 128 they should have Bowser team up with Captain Syrup.(If you dont know who Captain Syrup is you dont play enough Wario Land games)

Find your inner monkey.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2003, 11:32:11 PM »
Hmmmm, it appears everyone hates me now. That's great. I think I'll leave.

Anyways, to bring this as close to back on topic as possible... Personally, I do truly believe that Luigi should be playable. As I said before, all the neglected colors of Yoshi, like orange and Black and White, should also be in there. (Well, looks like I seem to be siding with the neglected characters...)

OK, I think I'll remove the link to spare the rest of you the agony of my crappy role in life. I hope you all are happy, now that I know I realy have no place here.

~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2003, 11:36:21 PM »
I dont hate you.I was saying ya should of put it in an art museum to show your real feelings against green yoshi.

Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2003, 11:37:42 PM »
Oh yeah...Don't leave like frostbite did!!!!!!!!

Find your inner monkey.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2003, 11:43:41 PM »
Nice to see someone here knows that art is anything you use to express yourself.

Actually, once again, I stress that the picture is more of a hatred for undeserving popularity, and Green Yoshi is a PERFECT symbol of this. I really don't hate the CHARACTER, I mean, I play as Yoshi in just about every Mario game with many selectable characters (Mario Party games, Mario Golf/Tennis, MK and MK64, etc.)

It's just that, well... most of the other Yoshi colors are BETTER. They have abilities that Green Yoshi doesn't. And yet what color Yoshi gets all the popularity? The story of my life. Right there. I do everything well, people hate me for it. Someone else can't do crap right, they're loved by everyone. It's appaling.

As for leaving... Na. I might if I can determine that I am truly hated (I mean, hated like I hate Destiny's Child... Actually, I'd probably do a similar thing to a picture of them, too.)

PS: I'm not offended by much (As you can tell by the picture), but I was offended when I was told that I wasn't a Mario fan just because of SOMETHING I made on the computer. Erg.

PPS: You may want to go to the accidental double posting of this thread if you want to talk about a new Mario game. I have dragged this thread hopelessly off-topic, as I do almost every thread here. Or every conversation in the real world.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2003, 11:44:32 PM »
I say again:
Everyone here overreacts.

Disregard that, it was before I saw your last post, Steve.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/18/2003 9:45:54 PM
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2003, 11:47:44 PM »
Interesting, another post I made on TUNMB, from about... 2 or 3 days ago:

5 things I really hate about myself that I'd like to fix:

*@1: My tendency to overreact to everything.@*
2: My occasional arrogance.
3: My hypocritical comments due to this. (I tend to look down at some people for being arrogant.)
4: My "like" problem.
5: My laziness due to a lack of challenge.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2003, 11:56:53 PM »
"Like" problem? What's this?
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2003, 12:05:23 AM »
Remember how I talk about my classmates being idiots? Well, a lot of them use "like" as a filler far too often, for example:

This sentences is, like, what I don't, like, want to have to, like, put up with every day.

This is the average HONORS student at our school in INDIANA. However, even I am affected, and use this "like" as a filler about once every 3 or 4 sentences, and it is something I really don't want to do... it hinders communication.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2003, 12:12:45 AM »
Ah. I see. I have a tendency to do that when I can't quite think clearly.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2003, 12:15:41 AM »
Here's an image you might like better.

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/krazymonkey5/seizure3.gif

Not a Mario image, not violent, either. It may give you a seizure, as indicated by the title, but... It isn't violent.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2003, 12:37:50 AM »
Hey, that's pretty cool.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Personâ„¢
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2003, 12:46:51 AM »
The green Yoshi was disturbing, and the flashing Insane Steve is afsa;ln w e;aofhia  asodhf ofh! Luigison gets up of the floor were he had be thrashing.
I like the black Yoshi best:
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/krazymonkey5/by2.gif
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2003, 01:18:45 AM »
I do not hate you, Steve.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2003, 02:41:00 PM »
The seizure thing took me about 10 minutes, and it is a revision of my first EVER animation. (The first one is seizure2) I realized that I forgot a frame with my name, and the revision to that made it choppy. I revised it, switched it from 15 frames to 8 to make it a lot easier to loop, and made the name animation a bit different. It is currently my avatar on TUNMB.

The Black Yoshi picture (Another revision of a color test result) is what I currently have in my signature (With a link to the test) at TUNMB. It took about 40 minutes to revise (And several attempts as well.) but I think it is pretty realistic. I forgot about that one, actually, I should have posted that one here. Not offensive at all. I also have a version of it with light blue shoes, but it isn't uploaded.

Ya, it is meant to be disturbing, actually. Main reason I put it up was to reveal a little something about what I think that I wouldn't in real life. (NO. I AM NOT LIKE THAT IN THE REAL WORLD. AT ALL.) Anyways, your reactions to that picture shows just how "realistic" it is.

~I.S.~

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2003, 08:38:03 PM »
i like pictures

Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2003, 08:38:04 PM »
i like pictures

Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2003, 07:50:21 PM »
Not to be some sort of buzz kill or something, but I personally would like to get back on topic. I have many worries and emotions about Mario 128 that I need to get off my chest. Apparently, it's going to be based off of the demo that displayed the Gamecube's power. The demo with a ton of different Mario's randomly and stupidly jumping around and rolling eachother. That was ridiculous, albeit relatively humorous. I don't see the window for any kind of gameplay off of the demo, unless Nintendo plans to completely veer from the normal Mario formula, which may not be the smartest thing, basing this off of such games as Mario is Missing! and Mario's Time Machine, etc. The idea of what this game could possibly end up as keeps me up at night. It scares the bejeesus out of me.

The ideal Mario game for me would be a three dimensional remake of Super Mario World. In my opinion, SMW is the best game ever made. It would be extremely refreshing to play through the same old levels with a new twist. Or maybe just something to the same effect. For example, a co-op mode with Mario and Luigi playable simultaneously, or at least alternating. It would be especially cool if Mario and Luigi each had their own abilities, ala Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World. It would be cool if the levels were more varied then they were in Super Mario Sunshine. I miss the cave and castle levels...*lip trembling, eyes watering* I don't know how much more of this I can take! Is asking for a Mario game that adequately simulates the Mario games of old in full 3-D? Or maybe go back to the 2-D roots. I just need something with a cave level, a castle level, and the old moving-platforms-in-the-sky level. *sigh* If only...

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2003, 10:51:30 PM »
Dude. Play Super Mario 64.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2003, 04:32:29 PM »
Dude. No. That's not the same. Didn't give me that atmospheric feeling. Plus, I still want a true cave level and castle level with walls. WALLS I TELL YOU! CASTLE WALLS! INSIDE THE LEVEL! And by floating platforms in the sky levels, correct me if I'm wrong but there were no levels in Mario 64 that recreated Level 1-5 from Mario 3. (I think it's 1-5...it's been awhile.)

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2003, 04:48:42 PM »
I wouldn't want a total remake of SMW, but a 3-D like game kinda of like it (If anyone knows what I'm trying to say, tell me.)
 n/a

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2003, 06:51:42 PM »
Actually, I think you want exactly what I want. A 3-D remake of Mario World wouldn't really work, because the levels were far too linear. But if it used the same themes and settings or at least similar ones...what a game!

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2003, 08:52:48 PM »
That would be cool.
Anyway, 1-5 is the underground one with the Buzzy Beetles and lots of Piranha Plants.
Did you mean 1-4? With all the crazy moving stuff? Rainbow Ride didn't emulate that sufficiently?
...Anyway, every Mario game is going to be different, I think. You're not going to find one game that feels very similar to another game...
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2003, 07:40:43 AM »
The first time I played Super Mario 64, it reminded me of Super Mario World, except without Yoshi.

If you were to compare Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Sunshine (which as been done in many reviews of the game), which is the most innovative and fun?

Super Mario 64 revolutionized video games by putting Mario in a completely free-roaming 3-dimensional environment, one that gamers had never seen before in any other title...

Super Mario Sunshine revolutionized this concept further, by putting Mario in a bigger, more lively environment. Now he has his famous water cannon backpack. That is true innovation, since no other game in the series has had Mario using a weapon to solve puzzles, defeat enemies, etc.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 1/30/2003 5:41:38 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2003, 04:40:25 PM »
Your question is both a simple and hard one to answer. Mario 64 is DEFINITELY much more innovative, not just from a Mario fan's standpoint, but from a gamer's standpoint. It was the first fully three-dimensional platformer, not to mention a great game. As for fun, though, it depends on who you ask. I would probably say that Mario Sunshine is the more fun game. I got a kick out of the linear old school style levels thrown in there with it. Those were cool. Not to mention the neat vocal-sounding remix that was in those levels. ^.^

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2003, 04:41:11 PM »
Your question is both a simple and hard one to answer. Mario 64 is DEFINITELY much more innovative, not just from a Mario fan's standpoint, but from a gamer's standpoint. It was the first fully three-dimensional platformer, not to mention a great game. As for fun, though, it depends on who you ask. I would probably say that Mario Sunshine is the more fun game. I got a kick out of the linear old school style levels thrown in there with it. Those were cool. Not to mention the neat vocal-sounding remix that was in those levels. ^.^

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2003, 04:41:12 PM »

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2003, 04:41:12 PM »

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2003, 04:41:12 PM »

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2003, 04:41:12 PM »

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2003, 04:48:48 PM »
I apologize for the multiple postings. Has your computer ever hated you?

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2003, 11:02:15 PM »
You could edit them, you know.
Anyway, I agree with you on your comparison of SM64 and SMS.

That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2003, 05:24:03 PM »
I'm too lazy. Actually I forgot about that.

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2003, 05:40:04 PM »
Watoad has an opinion, too!

That would be . . . I like all "regular" Mario games I've played. Period.

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2003, 06:09:22 PM »
You mean you didn't like Mario's Time Machine?! *gasp*

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2003, 06:20:47 PM »
I put the word "regular" in there because I have played Mario is Missing and did not like it too well. It didn't make any sense to me. As for Mario's Time Machine, well, I've never played it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2003, 10:48:50 PM »
It's actually kinda cool, and the time surfing music is awesome!

That was a joke.

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2003, 11:34:57 PM »
It's kinda cool, but the fact that it's Mario but it's not really a Mario game is just...it's a disgrace is what it is. Now why can't you go play games more like the classics, like Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine, or Mario Teaches Typing? I liked that game. ^.^

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2003, 12:48:32 AM »
"Why can't you?"? You can!

That was a joke.

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2003, 06:22:29 PM »
Now that's an interesting point you have. Yes you can. "My bad."

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2003, 07:39:45 PM »
Mario teaches the ABC's is cool, well, maybe not.
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2003, 11:12:26 PM »
Now there's one game I have never played...

That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2003, 11:55:32 AM »
My cousin used to have that game. Maybe that's why he's a bumbling idiot now. Mario can not teach something like that. It just doesn't work.

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Print