Print

Author Topic: Mario 128  (Read 11568 times)

« on: January 18, 2003, 03:52:14 PM »
What are your hopes and preditions about the upcoming game? here are mine-
NEW NAME!!!!!!(hopefully)
Luigi as a playable character
Wario and Waluigi as villians (bosses)

"I know what you''re thinking....all this power, AND looks, too!" -Bowser SMRPG

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 03:59:40 PM »
sorry for posting this twice........:(

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 04:08:14 PM »
Two players simultaneously with Mario and Luigi!
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 06:23:01 PM »
It would be good to have Wario & Waluigi as villains...& some things in levels can only be accomplished by one character.Like there might be this gaping hole that only Mario can get over with a spin jump because maybe Luigi dosent have spin jump attack.oh also,Mario could pick up Luigi to throw him places or visa versa!

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 09:49:11 PM »
Orange Yoshi in Mario Party 5!!! I mean, errr.... Never mind.

Still, All the neglected colors (Orange, Black, White, etc.) Should get a bigger role.

---I removed the link to thte picture to try and salvage what little respect I have left here.---

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/18/2003 9:32:56 PM
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 10:08:57 PM »
Without looking at it, I'm guessing it's from that dream you told us about with the psychedelic colors and all that jazz.

Anyway, I have no predictions about Mario 128.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »
YOU drew that Steve? That was the sickest Mario thing I have ever seen........You call yourself a Mario fan? Hope I don't though up on the keyboard.

L is real 2041!
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2003, 10:43:33 PM »
That's why I didn't go look at it.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2003, 11:00:21 PM »
So, Chupperson, Steve normally, uh, has similar taste, such that you can guess what a drawing of his would be like?

Steve and metalmallow, thank you for warning me about the picture. I also avoided going to the URL and checking it out.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2003, 11:06:33 PM »
HELLO!!!!!! This is called "Mario 128"...not "lets talk about how much we hate yoshi"...long title..i know

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2003, 11:06:35 PM »
HELLO!!!!!! This is called "Mario 128"...not "lets talk about how much we hate yoshi"...long title..i know

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2003, 11:06:51 PM »
Well, there was once a topic about dreams here, and he told us about a dream which sounds rather like his description of his picture...
Steve's great in BORED, but otherwise... uhh...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2003, 11:08:26 PM »
I don't hate Yoshi. And I don't think Watoad does either.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2003, 11:10:06 PM »
CashCrazed thought it was funny. But... that's him. He's into that kind of stuff, I guess.

No, I didn't draw that, well, all of it. I essentially took the Green Yoshi result from that Yoshi color test from a while ago, and then I glorified... err.... gorified it. All editing on it was done with MS Paint though.

An explanation of it quoted exactly from TUNMB:

--------------------------------------------------------

"I don't have a problem with Green Yoshi, I have a problem with what it represents.

To me, Green Yoshi represents popularity without being deserving of it. I mean, take SMW. Green Yoshi really can't do anything paticularly well, but he gets ALL the popularity. Red and Yellow Yoshi seem overly neglected in SMW, and they BOTH are better than Green Yoshi. (WHAT? They are. Both have powers.) I personally use Yellow Yoshi in SMW when I play at someone else's house. Most of the time I get:

"Why aren't you using Blue Yoshi? Why not just get a Green one?"

WELL, I'LL TELL YOU WHY. Yellow Yoshi is BETTER than Green Yoshi. He does things Green Yoshi cannot. As for Blue Yoshi, I like to break from conformity. Too many people play as Blue Yoshi. Ooooo, he can fly. I don't need that! That's the cheap way to beat the levels. (In that case, I use the cheap way to beat Tubular then.)

I personally think Red and Yellow Yoshi look cooler, too. Blue seems to blend too much with the white part. That is besides the point.

Now, let's apply this to the real world. Most of the so-called "popular" kids at our school REALLY CAN'T DO ANYTHING WELL! I think that people today seem to stick with kids they know they can outdo, just to look better. Most people veer away from others that do many things well because they would make them LOOK BAD. Most of my friends are actually not horribly good academically, but the difference is that none of them NEED the self-esteem boost being with someone that isn't as good as you gives. They'd prefer the honor of knowing someone notorious for their high standards (Sorry, but that IS what I am known throughout the school for) personally than getting a cheap boost off of an "average" person. I personally tend to judge peole by the way they act in relation to their abilities. The people I hate the most are arrogant despite the fact that they can't do what they are boasting about very well.

My hatred for Green Yoshi is a rebellion against this undeserving popularity. I really don't HATE the character, moreso what I THINK he represents. In a good world, people would be judged by what they can do and how they act, not used as a cheap boost for others.

PS: I apologize if this offended you.

------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it is pretty sickening, well to you people anyways. Relatively tame compared to what we watched in Language a while ago...

Ah well, to try to make up for the emotional life-scarring, here's an animated thing (No, it isn't sick AT ALL. It doesn't even have to do with Mario.) I made a while ago. My first ever animated GIF.

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/krazymonkey5/seizure3.gif

Once again, this one isn't violent at all. Just seizure inducing (Maybe).

PS: Considering how offended the people who actually saw it were, I'd say it was pretty realistic. For MS Paint, anyways.

PPS: Yes, I do call myself a Mario fan. A rather avid one, too. I think I spent about an hour on that picture, so...

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/18/2003 10:11:10 PM
~I.S.~

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2003, 11:15:54 PM »
Sorry for the confusion, mario_fan_128. I actually really like Yoshi (and all other Mario-related things).

Print