Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 227059 times)

« Reply #705 on: March 27, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »
I guess this would be the place to post my 2 strangest and most memorable dreams I've ever had (the second one might be the strangest dream anyone has ever had).  Both of these I had years ago, yet I still remember them today for their craziness.

"The Crazy Calender"
This one happened in about 2005. I was at my grandpa's farm (which doesn't exist in real life) with my talking cat (also nonexistant) and I had this calender (one of those which you tear off a page each day) which showed pictures of stuff happening to me and my dream cat. I later realized that the stuff on the calender actually happened later that day. Curious, I flipped ahead to see future events and eventually, the focus of the calender shifted off of me and my cat and onto this girl with long pink hair and a ribbon that sort of resembled cat ears, who I saw in an anime once in real life (I think her name was Mariah or something like that) and I saw her being betrayed/hurt by this group of gang members. So, I looked into the calender and saw her at this collesseum-like arena. I went there and eventually found what I thought to be said girl in the audience. I grabbed her by the arm, but was then ambushed by the group of gangsters mentioned earlier. I told the gangsters to back off or I would tell the girl all about their evil plot, at which point, they just laughed and pointed to the girl and I realized that it wasn't the girl I saw on TV and in my calender, but a stuffed dummy which looked just like her, and the entire audience was also filled with these stuffed people! Then I woke up.

"Fairies, Alarm Clocks, and Rabbits"
This one happened in 2006-2007-ish. I was in school and the bell had just rung to signal the end of the day. I was about to leave and go home when I realized my three-ring binder that I use for school was missing! I searched the entire school (even places I normally wouldn't be allowed to go, like the girls' bathroom) but didn't find it. Later that dream, I was at the park and found my binder lying in the gutter. I picked it up and wondered how it got there, when suddenly my alarm clock (who had apparently come to life and followed me) came up to me and told me that two experimental rabbits had escaped, and if they collided with each other, it could destroy the universe! A few minutes later, I found one of the rabbits and chased after it, trying to catch it before it could find its counterpart. I failed, and there was a great white flash as the two rabbits met. I woke up (still in the dream) and found that it was 5 minutes before the rabbits collided, so I tried again to catch one. I ended up being sent back in time several more times before I actually caught one, but because I went back in time so much, the space-time continuum collapsed and the universe was destroyed anyway. I woke up (still in the dream) in this alternate universe which apparently was this medieval swamp. I saw a nearby "skateboard vending machine" and figured out that I would have to skateboard across the swamp to reach the magical fairy queen who could fix my universe. I did this and the fairy queen cast a magical spell on me to put me back in my own universe. Then I woke up (for real).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 02:07:07 PM by ShyGuyofTime »

« Reply #706 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »
I have crazy dreams all the time because I have an on-going prescription to codeine because I messed up my knee playing hockey, and it really messes with your head when you sleep.  Like one time I dreamt a tiger was lying on top of me, and I woke up and it was my cat.  My favourite recent one was I was at a playground and it was like really high in the sky, and it was spooky because of my fear of heights.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #707 on: April 02, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
I got out of bed in urgent fashion and went into the hall for no reason again last night (early morning, rather). Fortunately, no flailing and screaming this time.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #708 on: April 03, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »
I had a dream this morning, which above all other things, involved me having grown out the hair on the left side (the larger side) of my part, such that I had hair almost over my left eye. It didn't look bad. Maybe I'll try it.

« Reply #709 on: April 04, 2009, 10:56:40 PM »
I had a dream today that Mario was being chased by Waluigi driving a racing kart inside of a movie theater. Mario was driving one too, but crashed when he tried to make a sharp turn around the movie theater seats. Everyone noticed Mario was in pain and called the ambulance. Moments later at my house, Luigi and Peach showed up arrived looking for Mario. Luigi looked like a doctor (Dr.Luigi?) and Peach was in a nurse uniform. After that, I woke up.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #710 on: April 11, 2009, 09:13:06 AM »
Upstairs in my house, I noticed that my little brother had left Thousand Year Door running in the middle of a battle. It had become a bit more Final Fantasy-esque -- there were four players on the screen, and two of them, including Mario, were dead, and the enemy kept attacking even though Flurrie and the other live one (maybe Luigi?) weren't taking their turn. One of them was constantly getting attacked, and I was worried that they'd both be dead by the time my brother got back, but then I noticed that that one was actually recovering 7 HP with every hit.

Some other stuff happened. Ford had an FAQ on their website that didn't portray Obama in a positive light, and people wondered if that was legal. There was something about scaling a cliff. I looked at a picture of a weird Samus who was supposed to be in Brawl, which in Japan was called Zero Melee and came out first. Picasa showed my automatically captured album art for some of my music, and a lot of it involved those two loud guys from Gurren Lagaan in a Kirby-ish forest. Eventually, I was asleep in our van, as was my brother, as we were on our way home. And here's the crazy part:

I had a lucid dream inside the dream.

I was running from something, going through different rooms in the church we used to go to. Knowing (within the context of the actual dream) that this was a dream, I asked myself why I wasn't running through our new church, which is bigger. Then I asked myself why I hadn't taken my clothes off and started flying yet. I tried to fly, but it was pretty slow at first. And since I was nearly awake (in the dream) and was moving my real-life arms (in the dream) for some reason, I had to be careful not to let my arms brush up against the side of the bed (even though I was in the van) or else I'd know I was asleep and wake up.

Eventually, I woke up (in the dream), and my brother and I went in the house (I'm pretty sure he was only sleeping to imitate me). We were informed that it was 10 PM, and a bunch of our friends had been here, but they all left. I was mad. And shortly thereafter, I really woke up.

Also, I forgot to mention that I had one a couple of days ago where Al Franken was running a general store and had enslaved my brother for two years. And while we were there, my little sister said that cherries are grapes.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #711 on: April 11, 2009, 10:23:14 AM »
I had a lucid dream inside the dream.

That's hardcore.

I've had two dreams that worry me greatly. The first is from two nights ago, the second from last night.

So I was at Chick-Fil-A, right? And I was ordering this gigantic, 30-piece carton of nuggets. I eat a few, and leave the carton unattended at my table for a while. When I come back, I see a big guy go up and knock my chicken all over the floor, and then point and laugh at the fallen nuggets. I go up to him and, in a terrifying rage, politely enquire as to why he has knocked over my nuggets; his response is to call me a small man (in his defense, I was rather small compared to him). We get all up in each others' faces, screaming, for a good five dream-minutes, until he backs down and walks away. I then get the bright idea to go up to him from behind and put him in a chokehold, knocking him out.
But that's not all. Apparently, I swiped his wallet, too, and I then proceed to track him down to his house and gun him down with an AK-47. So, yeah. I overreacted.

The second dream happened last night. Apparently, the world got taken over by evil flying space vampires that, while very polite (and British), did indeed intend to consume earth's population of humans. However, their biology seemed to work in reverse, as they flew into their space fortresses at night to sleep and fed by day. So, me and my buddies (I remember one of my buddies being one of my real-life buddies, and another behind a former girlfriend of mine, while the rest were just regular people) decided to fight back against the invasion by snatching the sleeping vampires and, um, eating them. Apparently, they either didn't notice or mind, until one day, we decided to show them we mean business by eating one of their robots. The vampires, seeing its location not changing on the map, sent down a probe to investigate, and saw us chomping down on some juicy robot thigh. The vampires took this as a massive insult to their race and a declaration of war, and launched an all-out assault on the remaining humans.
I woke up before it got really cool.
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #712 on: April 11, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »
I was looking out a wide window, somewhere in a rural area in New York. I was pining for my days in Philadelphia. I was somehow aware that this wasn't totally real, and when I turned and looked out the window again, it was a subway platform (at an above ground part). What I didn't notice at the time was that it totally didn't work like real subways; the platform moved with the train, and didn't have and guardrails on it, and there were attendants and conductors everywhere. I was carrying around a relatively cumbersome bag, shaped like a short teardrop-shaped log. It was bright blue and shiny. Also, I was wearing glasses; I didn't need them, but they looked nice. I realized after getting on the train that it said Buffalo on the side, and once that sunk in, I just reminded myself that it was a dream, and I could leave when I wanted to. I tried to stand up on the platform while it was moving, but I eventually decided it would be better to sit down, since I wasn't impressing anyone and might fall off and die. A conductor had told me several times to give him my bag so it wouldn't be in the way, and he was starting to annoy me, so I decided to change trains.

Eventually, the train left me in an airport. I wondered which plane I was going to take to get back home, and then I remembered that it was a dream, so I decided to just fly on my own. I took off, and this time it worked, but I was so taken aback by the awesomeness of my short liftoff and return that I lost the willpower to stay asleep.

Later, I dreamed that I took out my front two teeth while my siblings shouted a post from Ken Jenning's blog about different ways the word "gender" is used, including "the all-too-rarely used 'film gender' to refer to an actor". I felt up there with my tongue to make sure there were teeth growing in underneath and I hadn't pulled out permanent teeth. There was lots of blood, and I was starting to feel dizzy. Turns out I actually had a mouthful of spit IRL, so it's a good thing I hesitated to spit it out in the dream sink. I've fallen for that trick before, like the time that urinal turned out to be my couch.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #713 on: May 15, 2009, 05:49:06 PM »
It was a normal day at the campus radio station. The rooms looked surprisingly similar to the way they actually look, though the classroom that the radio class meets in was kind of merged with the production studio, and now it had a balcony. And there had been a horse in there for a while. We asked the prof about it, and he said it was some kind of social experiment that didn't as well as they had planned. I stayed in the dark studio running the show, which I somehow knew how to do, even though I remembered not knowing how to work this room. I think my brain tried to fix that later by adding another part to the room and saying it was just that part I didn't figure out.

As the prof and the others who were talking on the air stopped talking, music started to fade in of its own accord. I was supposed to adjust the sliders to make sure it always stayed right around 0 dB, but none of the VU meters looked like I was used to, and I couldn't tell if it was right, and it seemed like it was too quiet. I considered going into the other room to check the meter there, but I didn't for some reason.

Some stuff probably happened in between here, and then there was another guy there, who I think was an actual guy I know at college. He pointed out that the CDs Tyler brought (Tyler's another guy at college, though I think he's graduating today) didn't work or were disintegrating or something. I was glad I didn't use them. Someone, maybe me, asked this guy what he thought of Tyler, and as he started talking, Tyler walked in.

A little later, a horror movie starring Ashton Kutcher was finishing up on the computer in the studio. Ashton was walking away from the monsters into the set of That 70s Show, annoyed at the monsters for taking so long to die. Then it seamlessly became a preview for another movie, as he turned around and TV snow was reflected in his eyes, representing some kind of monster that was going to possess him and everyone else who looked at the snow. The trailer warned, in a thingie looking like the "Press Escape to exit full-screen mode" thingie on YouTube videos, that this movie was "for viewtive viewers only" because the snow might hurt your eyesight or something.

Since my shift was over, I walked out of the studio, which was now suddenly in the exact place on campus it really is (I think it had been in a different building before). On the way out, I noticed that a computer there was logged into Facebook on Lizard Dude's account (and his name was just Lizard Dude), and after leaving, I wondered why I hadn't used that opportunity for something. I figured there would probably be legal penalties for it, but I wondered, as I opened the doors and noticed that one was always more open than the other, how they would prove it was me anyway. Once I was outside, I figured it was probably close to time for anime club, but I didn't have any clocks on me. I ran back inside and looked at a clock on the wall, which said it was 7 PM, meaning I was an hour late. Since it was a dream, I warped there instantly, and for some reason instead of watching Gurren Lagaan, we were reading a post on Ken Jennings's blog. He talked about how so many people who never cared about beauty pageants now are paying attention because of Carrie Prejean, and tied it into a wider, macro drinking game where you carry a bottle of your choice and a shot glass and take a shot every time someone cares about something they didn't care about for some reason.

I woke up somewhere around here, and it really was just after 7 PM.

Somewhere in there, the girl I had a crush on in junior high (and tried to do something about, though it wasn't at all reciprocated) had written a song about her life. The style was quite upbeat despite the emoness of the content. She performed it for us live through YouTube somehow. One verse was about me, how I was shallow and didn't understand love and didn't think about others but was kind of a good guy. I was happy, because it felt like all the apologies I had wanted to make were in there. I wanted to hear the song again to write down the lyrics, so I made a mental note to look for it on her Facebook later. But then I woke up.

Also somewhere in there, I found Weegee on YouTube, and most of his videos seemed to be animations illustrating very odd, though doctrinally sound, Christian allegories. One, which looked kind of Seussian, was about some kind of legless floating land whale who suddenly grew a line of hair vertically down its body, and the only way to get rid of the hair was to attach it all to a palm tree and burn the tree down. The hair represents sin, the whale represents us, the tree represents Christ, etc.

I also remember there being four pages of recent unread topics on here, and I woke up humming Wishmaster by Nightwish, with a memory of having sung "this rifle" instead of "disciple," like in that one misheard lyrics vid, so that was probably in there too.

tl;dr: A horse. Ashton Kutcher. Lizard Dude. Unrequited love. Jesus.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:51:35 PM by CrossEyed7 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #714 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »
Last night I dreamed I visited Lizard Dude's house. Can't remember why. I think he was supposed to train me to play games better or something. I remember him being portrayed as big eater in the dream, so his house had an abundance of food in it. Before I found his apartment though, I walked into the wrong one by accident, which was conveniently owned by my....English teacher. 0_o

« Reply #715 on: May 16, 2009, 06:58:41 AM »
^
Lizard Dude has only root beer in his fridge, remember? :P

I had a dream that I was the Soldier from TF2 last night. I screamed "maggots" like ten times or something and blew up a bunch of blue Scouts. Then I awoke to a horrible stomach ache...

What's weird is that one of the Scouts had three arms. :/
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #716 on: May 16, 2009, 08:07:41 AM »
Well, not really. He has all the main good groups in his fridge: Roots and beers.
I'm a horrible person.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #717 on: May 16, 2009, 09:03:11 AM »
I dreamed that I was playing Left 4 Dead, except there were three differences: it looked like we were in a cross between the No Mercy city and Raccoon City, the objective was to simply survive until daytime, upon which all the zombies would turn into normal humans, and everyone playing, including me, thought the game was Serious Business. When one guy's Francis was killed by falling five feet, the guy had a monster freakout, and everyone else honestly mourned for him. The rest of us were then attacked by a Tank, who was about thirty feet tall and awesome-looking, and accompanied by a large squad of Smokers. We managed to defeat him by making him trip out of a window just as it became daylight, making him turn into a lady in a skirt. The Smokers had apparently all been businessmen before night fell.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #718 on: May 16, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »
Among other things (but not many, I don't think), I dreamed that the Quick Reply box--the very one I type in right now--was horizontally condensed to be very small. Also, some mod or somebody said that was because back-and-forth, chatroom-esque gabbing was going to replace the forums and in-depth conversation would be done by e-mail or PMs or something.

Prophetic, I know.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #719 on: May 16, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
Heheheh.

Yesterday, I had a dream that was this terrifying and terrifyingly difficult mod of HL2, populated by hideous creatures, most prominent of which were these pig-ohmu creatures that crawled swiftly in a direct line towards you. I remember seeing a large amount of weapons available, but the only two I tried was this helmet-mounted dual chaingun. It came with its own HUD. My favorite weapon, however, was a heavily stylized (think Aperture Science) gun that shot whirling orbs of energy that would burrow into its target before vaporizing it from the inside out.

The craziest thing about that dream, however, was that when the enemies died, they turned into household items. The pig-ohmus, for instance, all turned into wash/dishcloths.

Print