Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 78003 times)

« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2006, 01:59:34 PM »
Meh, Tom & Jerry Kids doesn't hold a candle to A Pup Named Scooby Doo, one of the few good Scooby Doo spin-offs. Then again, anything is better than Shaggy & Scooby Doo, Get a Clue.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »
Neither could my cousin. You can easily tell he's a guy because of his personality. He seems to be older than the other characters and is kind of a grouch. Yet at the same time he guides the other characters whenever they're stuck. Somewhat of a father figure.

There's that, and there's also how they always refer to him with the pronoun "him".
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »
Oops. Completely forgot that. >.>

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2006, 09:11:11 PM »
You know, I could never figure out the sex of Rabbit.  -_-'

Thank God I wasn't the only one. It was a time when I was afraid of being laughed at for not knowing something. Anyways, the dub of Magical DoReMi was worse than I thought, but thats just my opinion.

And Aarom, you do know there's gonna be a new Tom and Jerry cartoon ( Tom and Jerry Tales ) airing this Fall, right? You should probably check it out if you really like the show.

« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2006, 09:19:06 PM »
Meh, Tom & Jerry Kids doesn't hold a candle to A Pup Named Scooby Doo, one of the few good Scooby Doo spin-offs. Then again, anything is better than Shaggy & Scooby Doo, Get a Clue.

Sorry about the double post...

So true. I loved that show. The creators did a great job with the personalities of the characters, especially Fred.

But yeah, I gotta agree with you. It's confirmed the rest of the gang will make "guest appearances"....Whats with this? I really don't see them ( Shaggy and Scooby ) actually trying to solve mysteries without being forced to do it. And the plot is pretty awful. Last I checked, Shaggy never had a rich uncle. The plot just feels cliche. The animation is also very unimpressive, it looks like it's animated by Flash, and I don't like the dot eyes on Scooby.
[/rant]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2006, 07:57:21 AM »
What is this Scooby show you are speaking of? I've never heard of it.

« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2006, 09:05:29 AM »
It's on kids WB. The show is basically another Scooby Doo spinoff, except this time the creators tried to have more "action". In the one, Shaggy has a rich uncle who I think has a labratory.  The scooby snacks have nano-bots in them, which gave Scooby super powers. He must use his powers to protect the scooby snacks from the forces of evil. I've never seen it before, but it sounds pretty stupid.

And that brings me top another subject; People trying to revive the old cartoons into anime ripoffs that miss the entire show's original premise entirely. First it was the looney tunes, now Scooby Doo. What next? Micky Mouse & co.: Primed and ready?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2006, 10:28:06 AM »
I can see it now:

Mickey: We've gotta do something before the evil robots destroy the world!  By the power of Walt Disney's magic pen, let's power up!

*shudder*  I could do without something like that.  Making an anime about Mickey Mouse, regardless of how much I like him, would be crossing the line.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2006, 11:13:03 AM »
I can see it now:

Mickey: We've gotta do something before the evil robots destroy the world!  By the power of Walt Disney's magic pen, let's power up!

Lol. How about this:

Mickey: Why did you join the dark side, Donald? Come forward to the side of good!

But what about kingdom hearts 1 & 2? I beleive mickey pulled a Yoda in KH2.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
GI Joe v.s the nazis?
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »
Only if they're communist nazi ninjas.

Speaking of classic cartoons getting anime makeovers....

Make what you will of it, just be glad it's only fanart.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2006, 12:41:53 PM »
Ew... what the crap did they do to Charlie Brown? 
But, anyways, whatever happened to Alvin and the Chipmunks?  I used to watch that show every morning.  :-(
Alvin, Simon... Theodore!
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2006, 01:18:26 PM »
Oh dear gosh, I will send the mother of all angry letters to any anime studio that touches "Peanuts."

If you want some Alvin and the chipmunks videos, go to youtube.  I have one up called "Sonic and the chipmunks."  It's (obviously) the Sonic X opening video with the Chipmunks theme song.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2006, 01:37:22 PM »
yeah, the peanuts anime is good, but just tacky.....
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2006, 02:28:49 PM »
Only if they're communist nazi ninjas.

Speaking of classic cartoons getting anime makeovers....

Make what you will of it, just be glad it's only fanart.

That had better be fanart. I shall smite whoso ever dare lay a hand upon the greatness that is the work of Charles M. Shultz. (He's my idol ya know.)

But all this talk of anime-syled revivals of old toons has reminded me of Bleedman's Powerpuff Girls  comics.

Print