Paper Mario:TTYD
13 (46.4%)
M&L:SS
2 (7.1%)
M&L:PIT
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario RPG  (Read 18198 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2005, 08:19:43 PM »
Oh, man. Hard thinking. I've played every single Mario RPG, and they were all so great. I can't choose! Well, I guess I'll choose Paper Mario - The Thousand-Year Door. It was just so great, but the others were great, too. I guess it wins by a nose. As for this "argument" over Super Mario RPG, I don't care. It may not be real 3D, but it was still great in every way, unlike other games. As for the music, all was great, but I choose the song that comes up if you leave it on the file select screen for a while. You know what I'm talking about.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2005, 08:48:14 PM »
I honestly don't think The Thousand Year Door can be beat.  Every single thing about that game, I loved.  It was one of those games where you are sad to see it end and wish you never beat it.  But I'm glad I did.  Vivian was an awesome partner.  I loved her design, how she almost floated next to Mario.  Her design reminded me of a genie, and I hope they keep the Shadow Siren species (you know what I mean) going throughout more Mario games (most likely RPG's).
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2005, 01:08:45 AM »
Yeah I felt that way after beating PM:TTYD. Not as much as with ToS though.
I miss that game, and I mean miss it. Still, just having played such an awesome game makes me happy, even if I would like ti to be longer. I am going to miss Mario's parnter alot more than his first parteners in PM 1.

Random Manga Quote:
"How can I be in love with a girl who crams bamboo sticks up her nose?!"--Chiharu Eniwa. Girl Got Game volume 7.

Edited by - Latias Dita on 7/1/2005 12:41:50 AM
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2005, 04:20:37 AM »
That pains me too. It even pains me more that I beat TTYD and ToS at 100%. They should hurry up and make sequels to these games as much as they do to Mario Party!

I Heart my best friend...Mario!

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2005, 06:04:18 AM »
Despite the similarites of abilities, PMTTYD had much, much better allies than in PM. The allies in PMTTYD joined for a reason and usually had a big involvement with the plotlines.

For example, Goombella was looking for the same treasure Mario was, Koops intially wanted to join Mario in order to defeat Hooktail and avenge his father (and to prove he isn't a coward), and Vivian intially joined to get Mario's name and body after it was stolen, since he was kind to her.

The allies in PM lacked personality and just joined the party because they were there. They just walk up and say "I'm going to travel with you now."

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2005, 04:36:59 AM »
7 starts is my favorite, Mario and Luigi was close, then Paper mario

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 02:19:34 PM »
You all have to agree that Mario makes for some great RPG's. Which one did you fellow fans like the most?
My favorite is PM:TTYD.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:46:09 PM by solidmushroom »

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2006, 09:41:43 PM »
I played PM, then PM2, then recently the first again.

PM has a MUCH better beggining than PM2 and better Mario feel to it.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2006, 09:28:54 AM »

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2006, 10:16:49 AM »
I know this was posted quite a long time ago but I just have to say something.
Super Mario RPG is synonymous with overrated.
I totally disagree with that statement. I have not played M&LPIT or PMbut I'm going to get M&LPIT on my birthday in 27 days. SMRPG was a great game the storyline was awesome. There were several very interesting and awesome special attacks and characters. And it is the only Mario game where Bowser actually joins you. PMTYD comes in a easy second on my list. It was funny and kind of boring in the first couple of chapters, not to mention kinda wierd at times but still was an awesome game. SMRPG has not been beaten yet on my list.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »
Glad to see that people actually posted on this after it was merged with a 1 year old topic.

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2006, 04:07:21 AM »
My personal faves of the Mario RPG's are as follows:

1. Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga
2. Super Mario RPG
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
3. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
4. Paper Mario

The top three were practically tied though, honestly.  They all rule.  M&L:SS gets an edge though, mainly for it's awesome humor and TONS of old school Mario cameos, plus my favorite battle system by FAR.  Mario RPG is classic and Epic, and Thousand Year Door is everything Paper Mario 1 SHOULD have been. 
Haters gonna hate

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2006, 10:31:37 AM »
Hey the first Paper Mario was a lot of fun. Even though it lacked a perfect combat system like the one TTYD had,and humor like TTYD had, it was pretty good! I managed to finish it, which, at the time was a great accomplishment for me, since the only other RPG I could beat at the time was pokemon. Still, I like TTYD better. It was everything a Mario RPG should be.

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2006, 02:57:05 PM »
1. Super Mario RPG
2. Paper Mario 2 (Bobbery Rules)
3. Paper Mario 1
4. MLSS
5. MLSS 2 (simply because I haven't played it yet.)
Super Mario RPG was my first RPG, my first game that I lost sleep over, and my true first favorite game that alot of average people have no idea exists.  The Paper Mario games were just plain fun, 2 is better because of the new content, more modern outlook, and just better graphics.  The MLSS games are good, very good in fact, just not as good as the other three.
I'm also working on a Mario MMORPG called Super Mario Bros: Kingdom at War, but, I'm not to good at programing so it'll be a decade before I get anywhere. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:12:37 PM by MechanicalMonarch »
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »
Paper Mario: TTYD is my favorite.  I think Blue Toad hit the nail on the head; I hated to see the game end, and I thought Vivian was the best character.  I dunno why, it was such a cool sound effect when she goes underground....also, she has cool powers.  Bobbery was also cool.  This was also the darkest Mario RPG game; I mean come on, Bobbery's wife dies!  You never find an actual character "dead" in a Mario game except for this one.  I personally found this game to be the most challenging, too.  Everything about it, I guess, is awesome.  I hope the Shadow Sirens come back in another RPG game.  This is also the only Mario game with an optional character to choose. 

Mario RPG games have some of the best quality that I've seen from many games.  They are always so thought-out and there's plenty to do in each one.  But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd pick Paper Mario: TTYD.

Print