Print

Author Topic: What New Brawl Things Do You Want?  (Read 58926 times)

« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2008, 05:25:32 PM »
That's the joke, my friend.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »
Cream Cheese, to be more precise.
That was a joke.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2008, 07:11:58 AM »
thats getting a little too old
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
Speaking of old, I'm quite pleased with the selection of Melee stages that are returning in Brawl. Yoshi's Island (SMW) and Onett are among my favorites (let's hope they don't screw around with the music too much). What I really want from the first Smash is the Mushroom Kingdom stage--the pipes and POW blocks were dangerously cool.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2008, 08:30:54 AM »
I appreciate them bringing back the cool old stages and all, but it kind of comes across like they're too lazy to make any new stages that aren't just like this:   ---__--__---

That, and if you're buying Brawl, you probably own a Wii, and, also, if you're buying Brawl, you probably bought Melee, and if you did, you probably have a Gamecube, and the Wii plays GCN and supports the GCN controller (in Brawl), so if you want to play Onett and Yoshi's Island, just play Melee.

Yes, I am aware that this arguement is riddled with holes, but I just had to get it off my chest.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2008, 09:18:32 AM »
WITNESS! Your testimony is riddled with holes!  I had to get that off my chest too.

On the Brawl site today they just announced the Multi-man Brawls.  I happy that in this game you can do co-op and Wi-Fi co-op in them.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2008, 10:18:06 AM »
As I said in the chatroom last night, the Yellow Alloy looks like a yellow version of the Geolytes from Meteos.

Onett returning means we can play Ness vs. Lucas in towns from their respective games.

(in b4 "Ness isn't going to be in Brawl," because unless some other native of the town is going to be playable, there's no other real reason AT ALL for Onett to be in there anymore)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »
Other than that Onett was somewhat unique and Sakurai wanted to show it again.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »
Unique indeed--I know of no other town where the cars can hit you when they're in the road and you are not.

I appreciate them bringing back the cool old stages and all, but it kind of comes across like they're too lazy to make any new stages that aren't just like this:   ---__--__---

That, and if you're buying Brawl, you probably own a Wii, and, also, if you're buying Brawl, you probably bought Melee, and if you did, you probably have a Gamecube, and the Wii plays GCN and supports the GCN controller (in Brawl), so if you want to play Onett and Yoshi's Island, just play Melee.
Quite the opposite. They're working too hard to make stages dynamic... The Summit would have been perfect just as a stationary stage (unique design, low traction would really provide a home-team advantage). But, it somehow falls into the ocean. I rather doubt it but I hope it'll stay fixed for at least two minutes (so when we're playing a 2-minute 3-stock random-stage match it stays still).

But I'm sure plenty of stages are uneventful... they're just not fit for st-stuttering and exclamations of "Could it be!?!?!?!?!"

I'm so disappointed. I was really counting on this game's fighting ----- team to be Miis.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:12:32 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »
Man, I was hoping for Mute City to return. That's my favorite Melee stage.

Sakurai must hate F-Zero or something. The only update relating to it was the first Assist Trophy, which took one of the major supporting characters from F-Zero and deems him unworthy of being playable.

I'm not a huge F-Zero fan, but it really bothers me to see it get as many updates as a stage based on a DS program.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2008, 09:18:25 PM »
I don't really care to much about stages right now since you can make your own stages with the stage creator.

But if I did have to think of a stage, I would pick Mario Bros as a stage (the arcade game)

For a new character, I would pick knuckles (from the Sonic games) Why him instead of tails you ask? Because he has better attacking moves then tails does. I just think that we need 1 more Sonic member in the game since theirs only 1 representing the Sonic games.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2008, 01:12:21 AM »
That isn't a good argument for more Sonic characters at all.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2008, 01:20:24 AM »
Captain Olimar joins!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »
I just think that we need 1 more Sonic member in the game since there's only 1 representing the Sonic games.
One is much more than enough for me.

Olimar. Sounds like the character to not use if sudden deaths happen a lot. I was surprised--I didn't think any more characters would be shown until at least the Japanese release...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2008, 02:33:12 AM »
I really really really really really really really would like Knuckles.

Don't really care if any other Sonic characters make it, tho.

Print