Print

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 33304 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2004, 06:07:42 PM »
If you check my profile, you'll see that I don't have a familiar. Why? Because I don't understand what in Loathing they are!! Never in my adventures have I come across either a familiar or anyone or thing that has given me any information about them. What they are, how they work, where they come from, and just about everything else about them except for the seeming uselessness of the Familiar-Groâ„¢ Terrarium sitting at my campsite is a mystery to me.

Actually, a lot of the more complicated stuff that you guys have been talking about (e.g. meatsmithing, cooking, xyzzy) is stuff I don't yet understand, but I think that familiars would be really nice to, er, be familiar with. Any explanation would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2004, 06:39:22 PM »
Ok, the "wheres dezzer" clan is created. There's a bunch of neat stuff there, and I'm checking it out now. Join whenever.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2004, 10:26:06 PM »
My Muscle just hit 25, so I was able to equip some cool new gear. Oh, yeah . . .

By the way, I applied to wheres dezzer. Thanks for making it!

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."

Edited by - Watoad on 5/23/2004 9:27:45 PM

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2004, 10:23:09 AM »
1. The problem isn't on my end; it's the ridiculously outdated university free internet.

2. So no one knows what xyzzy means...

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2004, 04:52:35 PM »
Ok, for those in the clan (And those who SHOULD be applying...):

The "Semi-Normal Member" rank can accept memberships (All applicants should be accepted unless otherwise noted) and look at the clan item logs. I am thinking of a title for a person with pretty much the same abilities in the clan as myself. (Except possibly booting members; since I'll be on every day, I can look over booting cases if they EVER arise.)

Also, to take items, it appears you need "Karma" points. You gain Karma by donating items or meat or something.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2004, 05:28:42 PM »
So did you make up the name "Semi-Normal Member"?

For those who haven't joined the clan yet: Don't worry about explaining familiars to me because Steve has already done so.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2004, 09:32:22 AM »
Lizard Dude, if your character happens to level up with Moxie points, then now would be a really good time to join wheres dezzer, even with your slow Internet.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2004, 06:34:27 PM »
The first time I saw "Xyzzy", I was playing City of ZZT(or maybe it was Town of ZZT). It was in the park, and there was the word "Xyzzy" there, and I remembered something earlier in the game telling me to go through the wall to the left of the word "Xyzzy". So, I went through the wall, and I can't remember what happened next. I think the first game it was in might have been Zork...

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2004, 06:38:42 PM »
Next item on the agenda is a weight-training machine which increases Muscle points; that should suit you nicely, Watoad. Reason I took the Tanning booth is because I contributed something like 20,000 of the 30,000 Meat, plus I need it for my master money plan (Part 2 of 3), when commences when I reach level 9.

Semi-Normal member? Yes, I came up with that one. Don't ask why.

As for "Psuedo-Leader", MB has many of the same powers I do. However, since I am the leader, and there can only be one leader per clan... you get the point.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

n/a

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2004, 08:52:53 PM »
I've joined, so can I be the official Meatsmither? I'll learn the Advanced stuff tomorrow and deal with all that (I'm too drunk right now XD). I've looked at all of you, and some of you guys could really use some better equipment...

Oh, one other thing... any level 5s, if you would please attack "loto dude" and say it's from me, that'd be greatly appreciated. For a while now we've been attacking each other back and forth and stealing meat back and forth. I find it odd though that he can beat me, because I'm able to beat him without him even managing to strike a blow against me... but whatever.

Current Stats:
Muscle: 35 (27)
Mysticality: 18 (15)
Moxie: 22 (19)

Meat: About 7000, I think...

And counting.

We can learn a lot from crayons. They are different colors and some have funny names but they all live together in the same box.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2004, 10:05:39 PM »
No, don't worry, Steve. I'm fine with the Tan-U-Lots. In fact, when I logged on this morning, I was unable to leave the Clan Gym until I had used up half of my Adventures raising my Moxie . . . that tanning booth is just too cool. ^^;

I can't wait for the weight machine!! When it comes, I'll never be able to leave the Gym . . . Or are there side effects from using the Gym?

You're approaching level 9?! Wow. I'm still at 5, and the only thing I've really accomplished lately is finally getting a familiar. Maybe I should pull my head out of The Barrel full of Barrels and get on with the game. I haven't completed very many quests, and most of the stuff that you and the other advanced people talk about (such as 6479226531419281928whatever Scrolls) makes no sense to me. Oh well. At least I'm enjoying the game.

n/a, I have yet to smash my magical mystical hippy stone, so I can't help you. I've been reluctant to smash it because I don't really know what will happen when I do, and I don't think I'll be able to go back once it's gone.

Today I ate the Double Bacon Beelzeburger that I took from the Clan Stash. For those of you who haven't tried one, let me warn you not to. While it gave me an Adventure and increased my Muscle, it stole 19 Mysticality (not levels, but points), which was most unwelcome.

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2004, 11:04:44 PM »
Yeah, somebody sold me a beezelburger in the chat, I still owe that guy a lime for it. So I guess I'll just watch you guys tan and work out. My mysticality can just stay where it is. By the way, send me a gr8pe and I'll cook you up a temporary gr8tness potion (doubles all stats for 5 turns) with my special advanced saucecrafting skill.

I'd like this game to have action commands, like in Paper Mario, so that skill would matter more than luck or weapons. I'd also like Paper Mario 3 to have the option of attacking other player of the same level like in KOL PvP battles.

Let me away from this boulder!

Edited by - Popple on 5/26/2004 10:28:31 PM
Let me away from this boulder!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2004, 11:48:43 PM »
A burger for a lime?  Wow, you got ripped off bad.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2004, 12:08:12 AM »
I tired, I should go to bed, there's no point of me posting on this topic because I don't go to the KoL and this post serves no purpose, but most don't so I'll go and wait for my brother to get off his computer so I cna use the word processor and to my report due tomorow, bye, and this is one sentence, so I'll say bye again, so bye.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2004, 01:59:15 PM »
Hmmmm...

Lowest price for Burger in Mall: 200 Meat
Lowest price for Lime in Mall: 2440 Meat

Erm... yea. Do yourself a favor and get some Evil Golden Arches.

And don't worry about the mysticality thing -- I SHOULD have the mysticality item for the clan by Saturday at latest. And that is a BIG "At latest", espceially because I should hit level 9 on my second set of turns, and I also should be able to scrounge up the materials for a 64735 Scroll before then.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Print