Print

Author Topic: Worst Moments In Mario History?  (Read 25808 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »
Or Donkey Kong Country, for that matter?
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 04:47:45 PM »
Mario USA wasn't the Super Mario Bros 2 that anyone expected or wanted. Donkey Kong Country was a bland and thoroughly mediocre game that did a  lot of damage to the series.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 04:49:57 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why so many people freak out at Yoshi Topsy Turvy, it was a good, fun, and innovative game, it was the first (I think.) motion censor platform game that was not Wario Ware.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 04:51:14 PM »
It's way too difficult but hey, that's just me!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 05:15:44 PM »
Yoshi's Story.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 05:46:11 PM »
Excluding Mario is Missing, which never even became a mainstream game in the first place, I really don't see any true failures in the mario franchise at all.
A few parts have been run into the ground like MP and the Sports series, but they're not bad games. 
The Movie was a bit strange and nothing like the games, but how do you think they could've made a movie about a series that was still in its adolesence and was not an Adventure game.  Games with huge stories like Zelda, MGS, RE, etc. make good movies because of the stories in-game, mario only had "save the princess because she's kidnapped." 
Anyway, in the cinematic world today, that movie could be passed of as... Artistic.  Like Kill Bill or Sin City.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 06:39:56 PM »
When they renamed the revolution to wii. I practically peuked.
Thank you for rescuing us, Geno! But there is another Star Piece in another land.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 07:31:16 PM »
The Mario movie was alright. I'm not too picky about the mistakes in it.

The Gamecube controllers color scheme
Waluigi and his lack of being in a real game
Being able to see the texture pixels in SM64DS
The Gameboy mini or whatever it's called
The makers of Bowser Jr. for being too lazy to make an original design for him and posed off baby Bowser's.
The DS's lack of a joystick
The NES's music
MKDD's multi player modes
The shine sprite collecting in Sunshine being a burden rather than a challenge
The Mario Karts after 64 except for MKDD
All the hearts and kiddy stuff in Yoshi's Story
Playing on those tiny Gameboy screens
The brighter colors in the recent Gameboys ( things look like they're glowing radioactivly at night wth? )
Giving the Revolution a dumb name when the first was perfect
The Gamecube not being able to play normal sized CD's
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 07:33:44 PM »
Mario USA wasn't the Super Mario Bros 2 that anyone expected or wanted. Donkey Kong Country was a bland and thoroughly mediocre game that did a  lot of damage to the series.

Man, I think Mario USA beat the crap outta the original 2. It was fun to play as the other two (Peach and Toad, even though I don't like Peach too much) and Mario and Luigi had awesome new powers (Like Luigi's jumping strength).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »
Donkey Kong Country was a bland and thoroughly mediocre game that did a  lot of damage to the series.

Yeah, because Donkey Kong was such a hot property before DKC.  And you know, huge world-wide sales really hurt the series too.  Jeez, Miyamoto says a couple bad things about the game and everybody jumps ship. 
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 08:28:04 PM »
The NES's music

You die now.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 08:32:08 PM »
You die now.

Quoted for troof.  I disagree with pretty much everything Yoshimastar said except the Waluigi and Bowser Jr. stuff. 
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »
When they renamed the revolution to wii. I practically peuked.

This about Mario history.

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 08:39:44 PM »
Being able to see the texture pixels in SM64DS
The Gameboy mini or whatever it's called
The DS's lack of a joystick
The NES's music
The Mario Karts after 64 except for MKDD
Playing on those tiny Gameboy screens
The brighter colors in the recent Gameboys ( things look like they're glowing radioactivly at night wth? )
Giving the Revolution a dumb name when the first was perfect

There are a few things wrong with the selected things I quoted. I'll start:

1. The DS does not have the graphical power to make things un-pixeled looking.
2. GBM was a remake of the GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo was aiming for a more portable, better, different GameBoy, and of course, those cost some good things.
3. NES has that kind of music only because technology back then was bad, Nintendo took what they had, and made the best out of it.
4. MKDS is awesome. >:(
5. Oh boy ..... let's see, um does portable come to your mind when you think GameBoy?
6. Glowing in the dark is cool. >:(
7. Nintendo gave a good reason to rename, and the Revolution was a beta test name, like Dolphin.

That is all.
I'm a horrible person.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 08:42:13 PM »
most of what yoshimastar siad had noyhing to do with mario.And whatever happened to the Gameboy Miicro?I haven't seen It in stores!Or any of the games!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print