Print

Author Topic: Whos Your Main?  (Read 40284 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2008, 06:41:03 AM »
Ah yes, PK Starstorm, Lucas' and Ness' only saving grace...

I'm serious.  I suck with Lucas and Ness, and I can't help but think anyone who says they are good with Lucas and Ness are joking.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2008, 08:11:18 AM »
I'm actually quite good with Ness/Lucas.
May I remind everybody that the title has no spoiler warning, so use spoiler text.
My mains:
Mario,Luigi,R.O.B,Snake,Shiek (better with shiek than Zelda),Sonic,Captain Falcon,Meta Knight, Toon Link,Wario.
My not goods:
King DeDeDe
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2008, 10:43:28 AM »
Ness is pretty awesome in SSBB, unlike in SSBM. And he has a better PK Starstorm.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2008, 11:40:35 AM »
Yes, yes, spoiler tags for something EVERYBODY KNOWS are just annoying, hmmmmm?

Ness, quite like any other character, rocks pretty hard when you know how to use him. I am good with Ness.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »
Not everybody knows every character in Brawl. Its been out for only 2 months.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »
And do you think that the kind of people who don't are the kind of people who'd be here? Or would care?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2008, 12:46:01 AM »
Or, they could live in a place where it's not out yet. One could say that it's that person's fault for clicking on the topic, but another person could make the rebuttal that some topics are somewhat ambiguous in their titling (eg: this one). But nevertheless, I agree with Bird Person; most people would know by now, even if they don't have the game. But I think censoring characters like Captain Falcon are the most blatantly unncessary- returning characters would be known anyway, especially the blatantly obvious returners such as Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness and Luigi.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2008, 01:30:08 AM »
Still. The kinds of people who don't know all the hidden characters, I imagine, are

1. People who just don't play Nintendo (at least not very much). Spiteful or not, non-Nintendo gamers can't be expected to know Wolf's in the game.
2. Amish
3. My parents
4. Little kids with parents who haven't gotten them Wiis yet, and can't use the Internets
5. Non-gamers

I just can't imagine anyone who would use the Internet not hitting these so-called spoilers in the first place. 'Sright: I don't see how Mr. Game & Watch being in the game is a spoiler. If you went right ahead and said a group of Mr. Game & Watches pilots the Halberd while it spews Shadowbugs everywhere (and the Shadowbugs are those purple clouds Primids come from that is actually extracted from Mr. Game & Watch's body) and most of them get blasted out of it and turn into a boss which Snake kills and Mr. Game & Watch joins the party, spoiling part of the Subspace Emissary, then maybe.

But you'd really have to completely avoid any Brawl-related discussion, period, to avoid knowledge of hidden characters. Not just on the Internet--in real life, too. Have friends? Can't talk to 'em. They want you to play the game with them? NO WAY, they have hidden characters (that you can unlock in a day or two if you're fast).

Conclusion: Either you don't care about "spoilers," you already know, or both.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:34:07 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
Update: Lucas and Ness aren't bad after training against a level 7 CPU for an hour (Lucas being slightly more user-friendly).

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
Mario, and probably Snake. Don't ask me, for some reason, I like Snake, and I've never played Metal Gear.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2008, 01:59:33 AM »
Since my last comment about becoming better with Yoshi than with Wario, I've found that I actually do better against other people as Wario than with Yoshi! The bike! The grab, down throw, grab, down throw, grab, down throw Ness and Wario are capable of, but Yoshi isn't! I would prefer the order Ness-Yoshi-Wario, so I'd better do some Yoshi training...

And I still pay attention to Pikachu. Though I never mention him, Lucas is pretty good for me, too. I honestly switch out characters in Brawl far more often than I ever did in Melee, and wish I could maintain even more...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2008, 06:24:07 PM »
My best fighter is ROB.
Pokemon Trainer and Olimar are second and third.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:54 AM »
Mario, and probably Snake. Don't ask me, for some reason, I like Snake, and I've never played Metal Gear.

Snake is cool and Uber-Powerful; I KO'ed Peach, Luigi, Bowser, and Mario all with his side smash in All-Star and didn't have to move an inch.

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2008, 07:34:50 AM »
I have reason to believe that All-Star enemies have a lower damage tolerance than normal, depending on what difficulty you were playing. Probably easy or normal.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2008, 03:27:05 PM »
I never thought of that... but Snake is still Uber-Powerful.

Print