Print

Author Topic: the mario trivia game!!!!  (Read 89729 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2002, 11:05:09 PM »
Heh. Try beating it on your Game Boy! AHAHHAHAAHAHA. I think they wrote an entirely new poem for the US version. But I may be wrong.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2002, 04:06:37 PM »
Well, I see the Mario trivia game has turned into a discussion over who can beat what game with their feet. I got to the World 4 Warp in 1-3, by the way, so now I'm on World 4. Too bad SMAS doesn't save SMB2 games by level, only world.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2002, 04:17:28 PM »
Heh, it has, hasn't it.....

Anyway, I am on 3-4 now. I do expect 3-4 and 3-5 to give me some problems though....

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2002, 04:59:22 PM »
BOO YA! I amazed even myself by getting to the warp in World 4-2, so now I'm on World 6! Might never have happened without my trusted friend Starman. I sure wish you got more lives, though, because just about every time I would beat 4-1 with my feet, I would only have around 2 of my lives left. I severely doubt I'll get any farther than this, since even going to World 5 to get the warp in 5-3 is out of my reach, mainly because the pit jumping in 5-1 is already hard enough normally. Although beating SMB2 with my feet would make me a champion among men(well, at least SMB2 fans), since some people can't even beat it with their HANDS, it will never happen because on the astronomical chance I actually would MAKE it to World 7 with my feet, the Dream Factory(a.k.a. World 7-2) is already very hard to get through normally, and Wart alone would easily be too much for me and my feet to handle.

Hey, seeing how far you can get through your favorite Mario game with your feet seems like a good forum challenege. It's also a great test of your foot-eye coordination(although if the controllers were meant for feet it would be a lot easier! Too bad I don't have an SNES fitness mat, if they even exist!). I think SM64 would also be an easier one, since the N64 analog stick would make for better use with feet than D-pads, as would the buttons that stick out a good enough distance from the controller.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/8/2002 4:00:39 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2002, 06:16:53 PM »
I hate to say it, but you forgot 1 MAJOR detail to beat SM64 with your feet.

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO ACCESS THE "Z" BUTTON TO PERFORM ALL THE DIFFERENT JUMP KINDS?
It is impossible to get that back button.

Anyway, another reason I prefer Yoshi's Island for feet beating is because the "L" and "R" buttons are not that important, so... You can reach all important buttons with your feet easily and without pulling something... oh yea, I beat 3-4 somehow and am on to the hardest level to beat with your feet until 4-4 in my opinion, 3-5. Other levels I think I may have a hard time with:

4-3
4-4
4-8 (The boss may actually pose a challenge)
5-3
5-7 (The last part)
5-8 (See 4-8)
6-3 (I bet this one will be the hardest in the game.... maybe 6-7, but still)
6-5 (Ugh..... self-scroller)
6-7 (see comment for 6-3)

The rest of the levels should be EASY.

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

~I.S.~

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2002, 06:35:29 PM »
I noticed that, but the Z button and even all the jumps may not prevent someone from getting the 70 Stars needed to beat the game. Except for the final Bowser, he would pose a real threat.

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2002, 04:13:26 PM »
Feet. Hehe.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2002, 04:55:09 PM »
Ok, my question:

What is the mistake made with the meeting with Yoshi scene in SM64

(HINT: Probably only picky people who notice every little detail in a game (or cheaters who'll just look up the answer) will get this)

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 8/9/2002 3:57:03 PM

« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2002, 06:58:56 PM »
Yoshi can't talk(at least not with words)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2002, 08:31:09 PM »
Lol, I remember typos in games VERY well.

Instead of saying "Is that really you?"
Yoshi says "It that really you?"

I know waaaaaaaaay too much about typos.

PS: I am halfway done with YI with my feet! I am on 4-1 now.

CYNICMAN!!!!!

~I.S.~

« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2002, 08:59:06 PM »
Deezer even mentoined that typo on TMK.

« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2002, 09:00:10 PM »
Mentoined! I made a typo in reply to a typo post!

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2002, 11:34:30 AM »
Okay, now let's see what I gathered from that information.

Insane Steve is "Picky" (at least with game typos), and CashCrazed was going to cheat, I guess.

Anyway, Insane Steve, I'm sorry, that is............................................................................................................................. ............................................................................................................................... ...................CORRECT!!!

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2002, 12:45:35 PM »
Yoshi's speech is a big improvement from the Super Mario World cartoon.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2002, 03:59:59 PM »
Anyway, yes, Yoshi talks rather.... incoherently.... in the SMW cartoon...

Anyway my question, on YI, of course:

All of the Extra levels in YI have something in common.... Except Extra 5. What does Extra 5 not have (HINT!) that all of the other Extra levels have?

CYNICMAN!!!!!

~I.S.~

Print