Print

Author Topic: the mario trivia game!!!!  (Read 89500 times)

« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2002, 08:53:00 PM »
Nah, that wasn't it, but it was pretty close.  The question was "How many points is it possible to rack up at one time?"  Nevermind the fact that the goal ring only allows you 100 no matter what, I mean despite that.  Of course, I'm not entirely sure of the answer since I need to take a look at the game first . . . still, if you want something to do, play around with it a bit.

By the way, I had read those Japanese names for the courses on the site before and I just have to say that "Mario Staff is also Surprised Course" is the funniest thing ever, not including bad doujinshi.  They should have left the names that way for the American version . . .
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2002, 08:57:57 PM »
I find the fact that Tubular is called "Pleasure Course" hilarious.

Anyway, I think the answer is 4-7, as there is a warp thingy to Word 1-1... Lemme think here...

30 Stars (use a +20 star item)!
27 Red Coins. (7 in 5-7, 20 in 1-1.)
7 Flowers (Again, 2 in 4-7, 5 in 1-1.)

I also know this is possible in 3-1...

But my answer would have to be 127. However, without the warp, it is possible to get 101 points in Extra 3, as there are 21 Red Coins... :P Actually, the game only gives you 100, but the game plays the "You found all 20 Red Coins" sound After your 20th and 21st coin.

Cuando yo me siento aquí, reflexionar lo que aconteció exactamente con mi vida, yo me dí cuenta algo. Algo interesar. ... algo que no era bastante correcto... algo que pareció hacer mi vida incompleta... algo que hizo mí se siente vacía adentro.. ¿Tan, usted sabe lo que hice? Absolutamente nada. Era el mejor desicion de mi vida. Mi vida no bastante correcta vacía.
~I.S.~

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2002, 09:11:27 PM »
*blinks*  Hello quick replier!

That was why I had to check . . . I'm not sure whether you can get more in 3-1, or how far ahead you can go in either and still be able to come back to the warp.  If there's no door that Xes behind you as you move on to another section of the level, it may be possible to get much more than 127 . . . but it's been forever since I played.  Of course, now that I've lost the buggered game (I love how the FF don't censor those words . . . ), how I long for the sound of Kamek's laughter.  *croons an awful folk song to express her pain*
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2002, 09:24:32 PM »
Heh, ya, I don't remember 3-1 that well, as World 3 is my least favorite World in YI. I don't think that there are ANY X doors... The answer may be 170! I know 4-7 has the X door right before the Middle Ring.

Anyway... I see a lot of possibilities for YI questions, anyway, Here's one for you, if you can remember it well enough.

What distinguishes 4-4 of YI from all of the Fort/Castle levels? I am not looking for an answer like "Oh, it's the only one with Marching Milde at the end!"... I am not even looking for "It is the only one with that lava fish" Or Even "It is the only one with 4 keys."

I want something that EXISTS in every level of YI, but Is different in 4-4. It's hard to explain the question.

Cuando yo me siento aquí, reflexionar lo que aconteció exactamente con mi vida, yo me dí cuenta algo. Algo interesar. ... algo que no era bastante correcto... algo que pareció hacer mi vida incompleta... algo que hizo mí se siente vacía adentro.. ¿Tan, usted sabe lo que hice? Absolutamente nada. Era el mejor desicion de mi vida. Mi vida no bastante correcta vacía.
~I.S.~

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2002, 09:50:04 PM »
There are two levels, 1-2 and yes, 3-1. After you get out of cave in 1-2, there are NINE plants availble to get in one run with Sub-space, and the potion is on the hill, so it's not one of the plants. And since you can do two coin runs in a level with SMB2, the answer, therefore, is 18. But in 3-1, while there are far more plants to grab, with the way they are lined up it is only possible to get up to nine at a time.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2002, 11:03:45 PM »
AH HAHAHAHAHAHA!! The usurper strikes again. Since no one has posted on this topic for 4 days, I will take this opportunity to put up a question that hopefully will be harder, because it came out of my head, not off the site. And if someone wants to reply to Insane Steve's question, mine can surely wait...
In SM64, the way these items react to Mario was carried over to Luigi in SMA2. What are they?

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2002, 12:30:37 AM »
1-Up Mushrooms.

-------
The Vatican rules can not be changed. So sayeth the spider.
-Queen Spider

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2002, 08:49:54 PM »
I have a truly evil question... *evil grin*

Fill in the blank with either a number or an "x", and explain the logic behind it.

x x x x 5 10 x 9 x 8 x ___

(Yes, it is entirly Mario game related. Yes, my Marching Milde question is still in the air.)

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2002, 09:07:19 PM »
No, frostbite, you are of course incorrect. I meant something that is unique, and not the same in all situations. Now, somebody else answer.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
I have no clue, for I have never played SMA2. Only SMW.

My guess is coin boxes. For Luigi, they all come out at once, I think. Same in SM64, I think.

PS: Do you know the answer to my evil question? *Evil grin*

Edited by - Insane Steve on 8/20/2002 8:11:37 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2002, 09:40:39 PM »
Um, I haven't played YI in over a year (maybe 2, my memory is all fuzzled up), but I think the milde answer is that all the fortresses except 4-4 have a sort of "dark" and "scary" atmosphere, while 4-4 seems more pleasent.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2002, 09:49:12 PM »
Hmmmmm, interesting, but that isn't really what I was thinking... I don't see 1-8 having a really dark atmosphere until the boss chamber.... It has to do with something EVERY level in YI has, but is different in 4-4 than all the other Fort/Castle levels. (Those are all the levels ending in x-4 or x-8.)

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2002, 09:53:08 PM »
Yes, Insane Steve, YOU ARE CORRECT! I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. Umm... lemme go play YI and I'll get back to you on your question.

That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2002, 10:10:51 PM »
Hehehe, remember, I have 2 questions on the floor, the 4-4 of YI one, and the evil one!

Remember: Fill in the blank.

x  x  x  x  5  10  x  9  x  8  x  ___

(The 4-4 one isn't as hard as you think!)

Edited by - Insane Steve on 8/20/2002 9:48:13 PM
~I.S.~

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2002, 08:50:45 PM »
Don't no one like my questions?

If you all saw them but can't figure them out, at least post so I can give you a hint...

~I.S.~

Print