Print

Author Topic: Hats or heads?  (Read 7664 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2004, 12:14:09 AM »
Well, the top of a mushroom actually DOES come off pretty cleanly if you pull a bit.  Although if it were a Toad, it'd be pretty painful for it.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 03:02:27 PM »
Perhaps their "hats" are like clothes. They feel naked underneath them, and although they may slightly vary in color and size, the basic shape remains the same.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds. I strongly recommend you disgard this immedietl-BOOM!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 03:59:54 PM »
Maybe it's a fashion trend...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 04:03:55 PM »
I meant that the top is connected to the stem, so it's probably part of the body.

Signature under Construction.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 04:42:54 PM »
 maybe they have fungal growth. Like foot fungus, but on their head.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 07:39:43 AM »
The way the female Toads were drawn in Paper Mario signifies or hints that the mushroom caps are hats...

As you notice, part of their hair is invisible under the mushroom caps, then they must be hats, hats that is the culture of the Toads...

In addition, DiC somehow show us in their cartoons that the Toad we know removes his cap sometimes, although nobody should take the cartoons seriously...

Besides, the pattern on mushroom caps like that of Vanna T.'s is not normal, therefore, it must be artificial!!

I mean, look closely at Harry's cap !!

Do you notice the green rim at the forehead?

Conclusion: The mushroom caps of the Toads are HATS!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 09:49:24 AM »
That's no proof. What I think is that they're born with the mushrooms (I guess they can have different designs) and could take them off, but they're Toads and it's a big part of them. Normally I wouldn't think this, but considering that they never say it can't come off, but in some sources (even if only approved by Nintendo) it can, so I guess it'd be smart just to stick with that. I mean, why would they all wear similar hats (and some females have hair, so don't say baldness)? Oh, and it could be like their turban for all we know...

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 10:52:29 AM »
more Nintendo weirdness... Sheesh!

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 01:58:15 PM »
All of those Toads were from Paper Mario, Hope(N Forever). You can't prove any theory with something from one game.

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon

Deezer was here.

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 04:24:02 PM »
That hat rim could be a visor or a growth that he was given after becoming a salestoad. A toadette's hair comes from the mushroom top it's self. Just look at Toadette's pigtails in MK:DD. Vanna T.was probably born with heart shaped spots out of chance, just as Toadsworth's happens to, by chance, be gold. there are explainations for any hat reasoning, and reasonable arguements against them. You can't attempt to apply sence and logic to a game full of living mushrooms, ghosts, dinosaurs, leafs that make you a flying racoon, shine sprites, magikoopas, and other such magical and impossible things.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2004, 08:44:20 AM »
You people obviously forgot about the parade in the end of the game, where some of the Toads, at night, had flashing mushroom caps!!

Is this natural!? No way!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2004, 12:00:50 PM »
What?  There are such things as mushrooms that emit light.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2004, 01:28:42 PM »
Bioluminescence, my friend.

n/a

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 02:15:29 PM »
"Is this natural? No way!!"

It could be something artificial done to their natural head, like how people put braids in their hair, or dye their hair colors, it doesn't mean their hair is artificial, just whatever they did to it.

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2004, 05:50:23 PM »
I've never really given it much thought if they were hats or a part of their heads. And, basically, I don't care, either....It's just some thing that you see, but don't care about.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print