Print

Author Topic: Mafia Forum game  (Read 1855 times)

« on: August 15, 2006, 12:39:28 PM »
Hi, ya'll! I wanted to make a new forum game, so I thought, "Hey, why not bring the popular Mafia Forum Game to TMK?"  Sooo...I did.  Right now.

The basic game play goes like this:  There are 2 main types of players; the civilians and the mafia.  Every night, the member(s) of the mafia will decide who they want to kill.  Once they decide, they'll PM me to inform me of who the person is that they want to eliminate.  I will then write a paragraph describing how the person was killed, sometimes bringing in other people to the story.

After that, everyone in town, mafia included, votes for the person they want to lynch.  Whoever gets the most votes will be hung from the gallows.  I will then reveal what type of rank the "lynched person" was. Example; a civilian, mafia, etc.  In order for the civilians to win, they have to hang all the members of the mafia.  In order for the mafia to win, they have to kill everyone in town (except for themselves, of course!).  Also, when voting, people must post their votes directly in this topic.

There are 2 other roles as well.  One of them is a police officer, who can kill anyone he/she suspects to be in the mafia.  The police officer can only kill ONCE, every 3 days.  The other role is a doctor.  The doctor can revive anyone who has already died.  The doctor can only do this ONCE every 4 days.  The police officer and doctor must PM me to inform me of  who they want to kill/save.

Note:  The police officer and the doctor can both be eliminated, just like everyone else!

RULES:
-Once you die, you're dead.  You cannot vote nor can you suspect anyone.  You'll have to wait until the game is over to play again.   

-I will inform mafia members of who their partner(s) in crime is.  Other than that, you CANNOT tell anyone who you are.  Only you shall know which role you are playing; mafia, civilian, doctor, police, etc. For example; Mafia members cannot tell civilians that they are a part of the mafia. Another example: Civilians can't tell other civilians they are a civilian.

-Please don't whine if you die.  If you want to play again, feel free to sign up after the game is over.

People who have joined:
-Glorb
-cantthinkofaname

So, that's all folks!  Sign up in this topic.  After a few days (or whenever I get enough players), I'll send PMs telling each of you which role/character you have been given.  Roles will be distributed in a random fashion.           
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 08:57:23 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »
I'll join. This is a pretty neat-sounding game.
every

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:02:21 PM »
I'm joining too...!
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print