Print

Author Topic: Weegee!  (Read 44862 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »
I'm sorry, but Advice Dog is just about the farthest you can get from an accurate representation of internet memes.
Yeah but this is where it originated.

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »
Good point, Solid. Ah well.

Well, regarding that movie comment, the point was that such movies have gone beyond the level of parody and satire that the average moviegoer can grasp, and cater only to only those for whom the subject matter applies. Rewind twenty or thirty years, and one would likely find more comedy to have a universally-appreciable feel. Simply put, memes and overtly specific cultural references have lately been over encompassing virtually all forms of media entertainment. What comedic legacy will our generation leave behind if our sense of humour will someday be perceived as a string of jokes regarding movies and musicians nobody will know or care about in a decade or two?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »
YouTube Poop is in a slightly different league in that it's even worse than any meme alone.

YouTube poop doesn't suck. After I've had a really bad day, it makes me laugh. I'm just saying.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2009, 09:19:12 PM »
Now, PL.  We are all entitled to our own opinions.  If BP says YTPs suck, it means he does not like them, and anyone with an opposite opinion is not going to make him think otherwise.

Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2009, 10:39:27 PM »
You failed to counter my claim that they're annoying as Hell.
My point was that some other people don't find them annoying. I can, and did, argue against your apparent claim that their annoyingness is an absolute fact, but once that's done, I can't dispute your own preferences. If you find them annoying, then you find them annoying. But if there exist other people who don't find them annoying, then your matter-of-fact claim that they're annoying is, as far as it can have any truth value, false.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2009, 10:35:23 PM »
Whoa, three sudden pages of posts--and on the merits of memes, no less.

I believed I've expressed my opinions on memes before so I'll just say this: Anybody who is fiercely opposed to memes must provide several examples of what they consider to be an intelligent and/or reasonably non-irritating (internet) LOL-provider.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:08 AM »
I don't lol. I laugh, or don't. "Lol" has come to the point where it means nothing. As I once put it, it's like this these days:
1: My grandma died, lol
2: Ohhh that's so sad lol
1: Yeah ;_; lol
2: lol

You want examples of things from the Internet that entertain me? Okay.

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=9326.0

You know, stuff like that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2009, 12:40:21 AM »
Hahahaha! That stuff is funny! OBJECTION! It was hilarious! XD
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2009, 12:51:58 AM »
;_;
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2009, 01:15:19 AM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »
Call me a n00b, but first tell me where that guy is originally from, because I can't remember for the life of me.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:45 PM »
Two Stupid Dogs.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2009, 03:27:08 PM »
That show was reasonably awesome.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2009, 05:50:30 PM »
Somebody said more or less that exact same line in a Tiny Toons episode once, but I know it wasn't that guy.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print