Print

Author Topic: Mario in another T game?  (Read 14534 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2005, 05:19:18 PM »
Not exactly, most of Mario's clothes are blue so when he dies, he'll be purple.

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2005, 05:14:30 AM »
But why would you want violence in Mario games, Glorb? Do you think everybody would like an M-rated Mario ggame?

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2005, 07:17:10 AM »
I'm not saying evryone would, I'm saying I would. You don't have to whine, I just think it would be cool. Plus, a Mario FPS or RTS or combat racer or Toad-murdering simulator would be cool, you hafta admit.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2005, 06:32:11 PM »
....To you, maybe. I wouldn't think it would be cool.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2005, 08:42:28 PM »
There should be a game called Super Mario Giggles, where you collect cans of laughing gas and every time you get one Mario giggles.  And throughout the whole thing, Mario should giggle loudly at random times.

Mushrooms, amalgamate!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2005, 01:36:59 PM »
Heh, maybe it would be rated ec.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2005, 12:13:03 PM »
No, it would be rated AR for Amazingly Retarded...or Action Replay...or Atomic Radiation...or Acrobatic Robots.

every

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2005, 07:43:56 AM »
You know what? just because a game doesn't have violence, do you think it is bad?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2005, 09:22:33 AM »
I would never judge a game merely on it's amount/level of violence.  Having said that the large number of violent games I don't like far outway the one I do.  Resident Evil 4 is awesome.  I very much like bright cheerful Mario games, and have never much cared for dark, violent, or shooter games.  RE4 is a very big exception.  I recommend it to anyone 17 or over.

Still, there will never be a mature Mario game in the vein of Resident Evil, but a Teen game along the lines of Smash Bros. or Prince of Persia (the first one) might work.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2005, 08:52:08 AM »
Aarom11, I don't judge a game's quality level based on its violence level. For instance, Conker: Live and Reloaded was super-violent, but I thought it was the one of the crappiest games in the history of crappy crap games. I love most of the Mario games despite their low level of violence. I'm just saying, a Mario game with a bit more violence would spice up a game franchise that is, quite frankly, getting boring. I mean, look at the upcoming Shadow the Hedgehog. It's a Sonic game...with Shadow as the main character...and you have a gun! I mean, come on! A once kiddy franchise now has a darker, more mature look thanks to one thing and one thing only: violence. And while STH may just be another cynical attempt to get sales from the GTA crowd, I still look forward to it just as much as I might look forward to a less childish Mario game.

every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2005, 10:52:28 AM »
The new Shadow the Hedgehog game at E3 appeared to have poor controls, but I did not play it.  Lizard Dude did.

What if the next Mario game centered on escaping Bowsers Castle where Mario and Peach work together like in Prince of Persia and Resident Evil 4 with Mario protecting Peach along the way.  The levels could look more like the spooky forest (or what ever it was called) in PM:TTYD.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
I think that would be the best (Mario) game in the history of the universe! If they make one like it, count me in.

every

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2005, 10:33:01 PM »
"...a less childish Mario game."

No. Mario. Game. Is. Childish. They are great for all ages (except for the Edutainment ones, I guess).

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2005, 01:08:04 PM »
Sorry, but most Mario games ARE childish, but that's not bad. Well, for some it's bad (take a look at the recent Yoshi: Topsy-Turvy).

every

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2005, 06:23:30 PM »
"Childish" has a negative connotation; if something is childish, it would be stupid to some degree for someone older than a child to do. Mario games are for all ages, children and adults alike. Enough said.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

Edited by - smfan1085 on 7/26/2005 5:23:52 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Print