Print

Author Topic: Downhill?  (Read 17917 times)

« on: January 29, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »
How come people today are thinking that the Mario games are going downhill? I don't really think they're going downhill.

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »
Well, they're making Mario Party games too fast, in which if they took more time, they would have been a lot better. Also, they're making some games too kiddy. Especialy with Mario Party.

Super Mario Baseball wasn't that great, neither, I thought. There was a lot of glitches in it. Plus the new Mario golf and tennis ones for the Advance are terrible.

A bad thing with Nintendo is that they're making so many "new designs" with their systems and games, but they could just make whole new games. I think they are becoming lazy or something. You know with the two new Gameboy Advances and the upcoming DS Lite? Come on... Instead of making a new Super Mario 64 for DS, they should have waited longer and made a whole Super Mario 64 II or something. [/rant]

Whew, that's the only things I dislike about Nintendo. Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
1. It's third parties that are making the games.
2. Nintendo is working hard on the Revolution and Zelda.
3. I read that Hudson has a big market loss and they need money. Being the developers of Mario Party...
4. Having variety attracts more fans into Mario. (My cousins loved the sports and parties and now they love Mario.)
5. A lot of People are born everyday. They have missed out on the classics and the older siblings might not have owned a SNES or an N64.

Whoops, I went a little too far. XD. But I'm always like this whenever I defend Mario.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »
I'm not saying I don't like Nintendo, of course. Everything else about Nintendo I like.

You have to admit, some of their decisions could have been better.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »
Yes, but Mario Parties always have new-mini games in it and it makes up for lack of single-player.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 12:21:38 PM »
There's just been too many non adventure games. The last real one was Partners in Time in November. Then Yoshi Topsy Turvy in June.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 12:22:49 PM »
You're right about that. I really loved Mario Party 3. Those mini games were the best.
Yes, but Mario Parties always have new-mini games in it and it makes up for lack of single-player.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 12:24:16 PM »
Well NIntendo works on other series. They have to ignore Mario for now. The adventures games are good. It's just that some people want variety.

You're right about that. I really loved Mario Party 3. Those mini games were the best.

Why'd you quote what I wrote?

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »
yoshimaster posted while I was posting.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 01:37:15 PM »
Nothing's actually wrong with the Mario Party series--as a Mario Fan you'd love it if you had at least one. I just don't see the reason to pay for a new one, when they are all pretty much the same game. Yeah, new mini games, but that's not a huuuuge reason.

We're running low on the totally AWESOME games. M&L:PiT was one of those games. SM64DS is the first DS game a person should own. But if you look at TMK's GameCube list, you'll see that the only platformers are SMSu (no one's favortie) LM (too short), Wario World (I didn't hear any outstandings for it, either), and PMTTYD (next to SSBM, the only GameCube game I can't live without).

BUT, as we've seen through a certain member (banned), too much of the old games is also annoying. You need a little of everything, not all of one thing. I have Mario Party 4 and don't regret buying it. It's fun to play, especially when you have 3 human players. But games such as SMB or SMW are necessities to your Mario game collection. Have a nice balance.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »
The only Mario game I consider odd is Super Mario Strikers. Like in the Super Mario Strikers Disscusion topic, Mario characters are doing the strangest things in that thing (the satge designs are cool though, but they're not Mario). The other reason is that when you select professional mode (it's really nomral mode), the CPU acts like it's actually hard mode.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »
Forgot, Double Dash is the only GC sport game worth $
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 06:50:38 AM »
I think gaming as a whole is going downhill...I'd take my NES and SNES any day over the new-generation stuff.
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »
1. There is no way to be innovative as ideas have been freash out. All you can do is re-invent certain games.
2. Games aren't necessarily going downhill.
3. Would you like to have 2D and 3D platformers your whole life? They would get boring fast.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 05:06:40 PM »
1. This is not true. Just look at what Nintendo has done with DS games. I don't believe Nintendogs is a re-invention of a past game.
2. For example..? Please back up your statements with examples, or else you sound like you're just arguing for argument's sake.
3. Not all NES or SNES games were platformers. There was some other great stuff for them too. Things like Track and Field, Ice Hockey, River City Ransom, etc.

Print