Print

Author Topic: Downhill?  (Read 17996 times)

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »
I don't think Nintendo is going downhill.  If you hate sports and party games, by all means, those are signs of Hudson and the other third parties going downhill.  You can usually tell when Nintendo collaborated to make a game because the game feels so much different than Nintendo's other games.  The only game I "loved" from Hudson is Adventure Island for the NES. 

I've only played the first three Mario Parties, and I don't plan on getting the others.  I have only played Mario Golf for the GBC, and I don't plan on getting any of the other sports games.  I care more about 100% Nintendo games than 50% Nintendo games (50% meaning when Nintendo worked with a third party to make a game).

Therefore, we really can't say that Nintendo is going downhill for the sports and party games, because those games were designed along with other companies.  Here are the true Nintendo games:
The Mario Kart series.
The 2D Mario platformer series.
The 3D Mario platformer series.
The Zelda games.
The Kirby games for NES, GB, and SNES.
The Metroid games for NES, GB, GBA, and SNES.
Pikmin games, Animal Crossing games, etc.

I have not noticed a single decline of quality in these games.  Why?  They're 100 percent Nintendo-made. 

That's not to say that I hate collaborations; I liked some of the pokemon games for the gameboy systems.  I liked the first three Mario parties.  I loved the Donkey kong country trilogy.  I LOVED all the Mario RPG games and Warioware.  I'd say, the best companies Nintendo has worked with are Intelligent Systems, Alpha Dream, Rare, Retro Studios, and HAL Laboratories. 

In conclusion: Nintendo isn't going downhill.  Hudson and the the other Mario-sports third parties are. 

Nice job! I wanted to say most of that, but couldn't find the words. I usually don't have much trouble with words, unless I'm writing poems for my fiancee, but that's another story.. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print