Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 120099 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »
And think of it like this: That awesome trailer couldn't POSSIBLY have shown all the characters. The ones that were shown must all be there when you buy the game (not unlockable, just there).  But look, if you made them trailer you'd probably think "Okay. We'll show only one third-party character to keep it short, and to show  other third-party characters could also be in it. The rest will be a surprise."
  I think all the third-party characters that Nintendo chooses to participate in SSBB will be unlockable.  They put Solid Snake in the trailer to give us the big news of third-party smashers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2006, 04:33:22 PM »
For all we know, Snake may be the only third-party character.

Bird Person: I already said that Sonic is likely to be in there. I was referring to what other character besides Sonic would make it.

« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2006, 07:20:46 PM »
Hm... Lets see... Characters suggestions...
-The Hero from Quest for Glory. (I know, I know, he hasn't been on a Nintendo console... But they can buy his rights!)
-Indiana Jones. (It would ROCK, but since this is a movie character, I doubt he'll be in)
-Dave Miller or Bernard Bernoulli. (From Maniac Mansion on the NES)
-King Graham Cracker of Daventry. (King's Quest V was ported to the NES)
-Ryu. (From Street Fighter...)
And last, but not least:
-TINGLE!!! (HAHAHAHAHA)

« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2006, 04:19:29 PM »
Bowser Jr.
Kamek
That dog from Duck Hunt (not really)
Toad
Daisy
Foreman Spike
Balloon Fighter (again not really
King Hippo
Mr. Dream
R.O.B. (once again, not really)
Bomberman
Birdo
Pac-Man
Diddy Kong
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2006, 11:19:31 PM »
Ah, Bomberman is a little more likely. I actually don't want to see any more Mario characters added other than Wario (and Fawful, please...) and the SSBM Mario characters (except Dr. Mario). There are just too many. Toad and Daisy are going a little too far, huh? Bowser Jr., Kamek, Birdo, Diddy Kong and Foreman Spike, don't even get me started. The more useless characters there are, the longer it'll take to complete the game. R.O.B. is more than likely going to be an item or hazard in a Nintendo hardware-themed stage...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2006, 03:13:32 PM »
Toad and Diddy are far from useless, BP. Diddy didn't even get a trophy in the previous Smashfest. I think that he should fight with Dixie as a team, similar to Ice Climbers. Perhaps that would make him a little less "useless" than you seem to put it. As for Toad, he's been there since the beginning. He's also got plenty of moveset inspiration (Play SMB2 and Wario's Woods).

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2006, 09:38:41 PM »
We already know Wario's gonna be added, so the only other Mario characters that I wanna see added are Fawful and the Baby Mario Bros.

I think Yoshi should have an alternate color and outfit that makes him look like Boshi.  You know, like how Peach had the alternate color scheme that made her look like Daisy, and one of Mario's alternate color schemes gave him Wario clothes.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2006, 11:17:16 PM »
I'm not a huge Smash Bros. fan and didn't read this entire thread so forgive my ideas if they are repeats or would not work well.

I'd like to see a totally customizable character.  Meaning, the player could determine the characters sex, name, size, shape, attacks, defense, etc.  Could even have a map of a real persons face and body shape. 

I'd also like to see customized charcters imported from other games.  Imagine your Animal Crossing character fighting in Smash Bros.  Or Kid Icarus, Zero Suit Samus, or Snake coming to visit your Animal Crossing town or playing Wii Sports Tennis with or against you. 

Also, what if you only had access to certain abilities or weapons after obtaining them in other games.  Link's attacks could be based on what sword or other weapons/equipment he obtained in TLoZ.   
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2006, 01:35:00 AM »
We already know Wario's gonna be added, so the only other Mario characters that I wanna see added are Fawful and the Baby Mario Bros.

I can't express any oppinion about Fawful, since I haven't played any game he's in yet. (I know. It's a shame.) However ... the Baby Mario Bros. ?! I know some people really like them and all, but what would their attacks be? Sure, there could be some usage of a Super Star and Baby Mario (Like in Yoshi's Island), but besides that, I can't think of any moves for them.

As usual, I'm dragging in my oppinion on putting Waluigi in the game. This time, I've thought up possibilities for some of the moves in his move set:

Special Attacks

B: Pirahna Plant Seed (This one is kind of bizzare. Simply put, he throws down a pirahna plant seed, which grows in moments and creates an obstacle for a short period of time.)
Up and B: Waluigi Tornado (For lack of a better name. I'm talking about something similar to in Mario Power Tennis, when he does his offensive power shot.)
Left/Right and B: Bob-bomb toss
Down and B: ???? (Still haven't thought of one for this)

Regular Attacks

A: Rapid Kick (Repeatedly press A)
Up and A: High Kick
Left/Right and A: Double-fist punch (Uses both arms, one after the other, to punch in the indicated direction)
Down and A: Sliding kick

And for the sake of entertainment ...
Taunt: A certain 'bold victory dance', seen only in Super Mario Strikers. Bwahahaaa. (Note: This is a joke ... sorta ...)

So there you have it. Some ideas on why he could make a killer character. To balance out my post, however, I gotta say that if I'd vote for any characters NOT to make a second appearance, it would be Pichu, Mewtwo,  and Ice Climbers. I feel like there were more, but I honestly can't remember them at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 01:36:50 AM by GammaGal »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2006, 09:26:20 AM »
Dangit, with all the unimportant Mario characters everyone seems to want, they may as well make a Super Mario Fighter to satisfy their ridiculous needs.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2006, 05:40:23 PM »
I can't express any oppinion about Fawful, since I haven't played any game he's in yet. (I know. It's a shame.) However ... the Baby Mario Bros. ?! I know some people really like them and all, but what would their attacks be? Sure, there could be some usage of a Super Star and Baby Mario (Like in Yoshi's Island), but besides that, I can't think of any moves for them.
You obviously haven't played M&L:Partners in Time.  They have some cool moves that could be incorperated into SSBB.  And they had hammers!  The Baby Mario Bros. would fight together like the Ice Climbers.

attacks.
up+B: Baby Spin (Babies' third jump.  Much similar to Baby Spin on PiT, only with their hammers, and can be executed without the help of thier older counterparts.  Opponents will get wacked by the hammers if they get too close)
B: Spit (just like in PiT, Baby Luigi bonks Baby Mario with the hammer.  Baby Mario will spit out a projectile mistle of spit and water)
< or > + B: Diaper Throw (The babies throw their dirty diapers at opponents.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2006, 06:13:23 PM »
I think that the Mario characters we already have are enough, honestly.  I loved the idea of Toad for a while, but then Peach's Toad move simply wouldn't be the same.
I said this a while back:

Here's hoping for Mona and her pizza delivering action.

It was meant as a joke, but now I'm thinking that it might not be such a bad idea.  They're introducing Wario Ware into Super Smash Brothers with Wario, so why not just one other Wario Ware character?  You know, to balance it out a little.  Technically, Mona's not a "Mario" character.
Plus, since she's so unique, I can only imagine the fun and interesting moves she'd possess. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2006, 08:56:49 AM »
Moves that the hero from Quest for Glory could have:
B: Charges sword to attack.
B+Forward: Throws a dagger at the enemy.
B+Up: Levitation Spell.
B+Down: Thermonuclear Spell. (Nukes everyone in the stage)

« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2006, 12:15:04 PM »
You obviously haven't played M&L:Partners in Time.  They have some cool moves that could be incorperated into SSBB.  And they had hammers!  The Baby Mario Bros. would fight together like the Ice Climbers.

attacks.
up+B: Baby Spin (Babies' third jump.  Much similar to Baby Spin on PiT, only with their hammers, and can be executed without the help of thier older counterparts.  Opponents will get wacked by the hammers if they get too close)
B: Spit (just like in PiT, Baby Luigi bonks Baby Mario with the hammer.  Baby Mario will spit out a projectile mistle of spit and water)
< or > + B: Diaper Throw (The babies throw their dirty diapers at opponents.

Ok, ok, you've slightly eased my doubts. And no, I haven't played either of the M&L games, sadly enough. So, even though I still won't support them being in the game, I won't support them not being in the game, either, seeing as you've made a good point there. Of course, my oppinion on the subject really doesn't matter that much anywho.

I think that even though there are a lot of Mario characters people want in the game, it would be OK to add in a few more without ruining it. The franchise just has a lot of characters that have distinct personalities that earn them fandom from different sorts of gamers. Now, personally, I can vouch for my support of adding another few Mario characters simply because alot of them are able to transfer well to the game. That isn't to say that other characters from other games aren't transferable, I simply just can't judge on that since I haven't played as many different Nintendo game series. Being an RPG fanatic, I tend to get at least about half of my gaming experience from Playstation games, which obviously can't be in SSB:B. I think that as long as they don't put in any more 'clone' characters, it'll be A-OK!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2006, 02:52:59 PM »
And no, I haven't played either of the M&L games, sadly enough..........................Being an RPG fanatic,
What a nonsensical post.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print