Poll

What are your views on war?

It should be fought whenever possible even when it isn't needed
1 (2.9%)
It should never be fought even when innocent lives are threatened by the opposing side
7 (20.6%)
War ain't pretty, but sometimes it's necessary
19 (55.9%)
PaperLuigi smells
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Print

Author Topic: War  (Read 39764 times)

« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »
Glorb, if you don't like guns, you shouldn't be playing Metal Gear.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
I know, I feel so dirty. I always try to do a tranquilizer run anyway.
every

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2008, 11:35:17 AM »
You didn't exactly have that option in the first game you know.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
That's because all the Shadow Moses guards really had it coming.
every

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »
Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's just too bad Ocelot survived his supposedly lethal gun fight and not Sniper Wolf.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2008, 02:52:13 AM »
Money: There was hundreds of billions of dollars of gold stored under the WTC. Bush and his buddies wanted it for themselves.

Yeah, they just wanted to blow the buildings to bits because they couldn't figure out how to go to the basement floor and get the gold.

People who say "Bush dun it and bush is the worst cuz the war" just bother me. You know, it just sucks for Bush because 9/11 happened like 10 seconds after he took office... and everyone in our country was like "ah hell nah we goin to war man" at that time, so of course, what will Bush want to do? Kick their assets, exactly! Now that people are complaining about everything Bush can't even take a crap without someone protesting it or setting up a peaceful rally about it saying "wrong wrong wrong." Everyone thinks he's the worst president ever just because of that poll that says "Only 14% think the country is going in the right direction." I hear people say THEN THAT MEANS 86% OF PEOPLE HATE BUSH!!!" Not necessarily. I remember going to Crawford with my parents on their motorcycles to check out the ranch and the town (about 20 minutes northeast of my city) and then a few weeks later I heard about that one lady rallying outside Bush's ranch about her son dying in the service. I think that's when then general public starting hating the war because it kind of seemed to uproar from then on.

And the gun thing... whoever thinks firearms should be banned should be used for target practice. Yeah, firearms are made to shoot living things with. Do you think we were just gonna have a friendly game of arm wrestling to solve the world's disputes? Nah. Do you think banning weapons from here on out will prevent hundreds of thousands from still bearing arms, like Forest Guy said? Nah.

I dunno... this country has just been kinda in the gutter. Nothing good to say about literally anything. A person can't speak without it meaning something offensive (read: Obama thinking "articulate" is a hidden slur). Someone is always trying to make the other person look dumber than they actually are instead of focusing on their smarts and applying it. Credit card debt, foreclosure, social security, Bush this Bush that, Obama is about change and "yes we can" bullcrap, floods here, lightning-created wildfires there, oil prices this oil prices that, that old man looked at me wrong I'm suing, "Think of the caribou!!" (haha only one will get that), reality shows ugh, just everything. Hell, even our newspapers in Bell County are reporting doom and gloom constantly now.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2008, 07:33:35 AM »
Someone is always trying to make the other person look dumber than they actually are instead of focusing on their smarts and applying it.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »
This discussion has gone so far as to begin making political ads appear here.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
Whudathunk a topic on war would attract politics?
every

« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2008, 02:48:55 PM »
At first I didn't like the politics brought on by the topic (I really just wanted to talk about war history or something like that) but now I kinda like the discussion. Actually, I should've expected it because I made a poll where you had to give your opinion on war itself. :/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:50:52 PM by PaperLuigi »

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:26 PM »
Instead of doing it here, we should just make an obligatory politics discussion thread so we can go back and forth about whatever, and not just war.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2008, 09:46:23 PM »
From now on all political discussion is banned.
That was a joke.

« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »
Are we still allowed to post in this topic and/or the abortion topic?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:58:40 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »
Money: There was hundreds of billions of dollars of gold stored under the WTC. Bush and his buddies wanted it for themselves.

Yeah, they just wanted to blow the buildings to bits because they couldn't figure out how to go to the basement floor and get the gold.
畢桳栠摩琠敨映捡獴
Are we still allowed to post in this topic and/or the abortion topic?
I believe I speak for Chupperson when I say that Chupperson decided the ban was a joke after the fact.

« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »
I believe I speak for Chupperson when I say that Chupperson decided the ban was a joke after the fact.

It's not a joke. He locked my Obligatory Political topic and then said that Deezer approved it. If it is a joke, it's a really, really good joke.

Print