Print

Author Topic: What [ticks] me off is...  (Read 80338 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2008, 08:20:55 AM »
O HAY I'M A REALLY FUN XBLA GAME THAT CAN'T BE FOUND ON ANY OTHER SYSTEM

...Actually, the fact that those exist is what ticks me off.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »
Uh, what advantages are there to playing FPS with a controller? That's more of a disadvantage.
That was a joke.

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
That is, most people aren't insane and don't have HDTVs.
You're insane (and/or poor) if you don't have and don't want a widescreen HDTV. Or blind.

360 looks like a system to get well into its lifespan once it has a nice selection of a few great games, much like PS2. 'Course, that looks like it might happen with PS3 also. Who knows?
360 already has a few great games. In fact, for its lifespan I would describe its amount of great games as "a buttload".

O HAY I'M A REALLY FUN XBLA GAME THAT CAN'T BE FOUND ON ANY OTHER SYSTEM

...Actually, the fact that those exist is what ticks me off.
Because you can't pirate them. Feck off, scum.

Uh, what advantages are there to playing FPS with a controller? That's more of a disadvantage.
The only thing a controller gets you in FPS is analog movement speed control. This is not really useful, but it is technically an "advantage" that exists. But of course mouse+keyboard is vastly superior.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:53 PM »
And don't get me STARTED on those idiots who think Mortal Kombat on SNES is better than the Genesis version!
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2008, 06:54:03 PM »
I've never needed an HDTV before, so I don't know why I would need one now. Also, except for games and certain channels that actually transmit correctly, it looks worse than a normal analog receiver because you can see all the MPEG-4 compression way clearer. And, well, I've enjoyed games this long without them being at ultra high resolution.
That was a joke.

« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »
I suppose I should say that needing an HDTV only applies to 360/PS3 owners. Sorry for the confusion. There is no advantage to seeing Super Mario Bros.'s giant pixels in pupil-searing 1080p and hearing its mono sound in eardrum-shattering 7.1 surround.

But if you ever try to read text in Dead Rising or play one of the many, many games that force you to play letterboxed on a 4:3 TV, you will understand the need.

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
No one needs an HDTV, but it sure is nice to have. However, if someone is going to go so far to make an argument about graphics and make it sound like graphics are everything (not saying anyone here fits that description), they would probably need an HDTV.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2008, 07:22:01 PM »
But if you ever try to read text in Dead Rising or play one of the many, many games that force you to play letterboxed on a 4:3 TV, you will understand the need.
Really seems insane to me to not declare that total developer failure right there.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »
And don't get me STARTED on those idiots who think Mortal Kombat on SNES is better than the Genesis version!
I BLEED SWEAT!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »
That's why censorship is never the answer.
every

« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »
If you uppercut Chuck Norris 15 feet into the air, no blood comes out. Only sweat.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »
Question is, how do you uppercut Chuck Norris 15 feet into the air?
That was a joke.

« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2008, 12:15:47 AM »
While holding Down on the d-pad, press the high punch button (Y).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
That's funny, I hold down on the walk stick and press Punch FOOL!
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
If you uppercut Chuck Norris 15 feet into the air, no blood comes out. Only sweat.

Chuck Norris is immune to fatalities.  He just sweats all over the ground until his opponent can't move without slipping. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print