Print

Author Topic: Scary Online Stuff  (Read 6346 times)

« on: August 24, 2006, 06:26:22 PM »
Has anyone ever been to a website where you have seen somthing so scary, that you just left your seat? Well I have. (Well I didn't leave my seat, I fell off it.) Still, I looked at it again and it didn't get that scary the 2nd or 3rd time.

Here is a website with something that made me jump.

http://www.winterrowd.com/maze/

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »
I couldn't sleep the night I saw this.

http://www.jkcinema.com/gamesmov.asp?type=5
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
I'm not falling for it. If I watch those videos I'll never get to sleep tonight,
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 07:14:08 PM »
I've done the maze before...and I don't intend to go to C.T.O.A.N.'s at all. I want to sleep tonight.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »
C'mon... it's just urban legands...! But pretty scary ones...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 08:25:34 PM »
I haven't done the maze, but I watched a video of a kid doing it, and it made me ROFL. But I like sleeping.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 02:19:03 AM »
I did the maze before, earlier this year and I don't plan on doing it again. I jumped back so hard when I saw it I fell backwards out of my chair. But the sudden image popping up scares me, not the actual picture. The picture is freaky, though.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 08:53:13 AM »
This online game made me jump. Be sure to turn up the speakers; the sound effects are awesome. You should see what happens when you complete it! :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 08:56:57 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »
Holy. Crap. I'm a hardened veteran of these sort of Flash movies, and that scared me!
every

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 09:10:38 AM »
What is it? I just get a blank screen (the actual webpage and all that stuff appears, but the game is just a blank white screen).

EDIT: It works now. That wasn't the scariest online thing I've ever seen...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:15:25 AM by cantthinkofaname »

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »
Urban legends or not, I've learned my lesson, believe me. Every time I go to see one of those movies, I can't sleep for several nights, nor can I walk alone in the dark.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »
This online game made me jump. Be sure to turn up the speakers; the sound effects are awesome. You should see what happens when you complete it! :D

ROFL, that was totally hilarious. Seriously, I was rolling on the floor, laughing. And I'm usually easily scared. Weird.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 11:27:48 PM »
For me, it's doenetwork.org (I think that's the name). I love true crime stories and this place is chock full of them. Some of them get so in your head that you can't stop thinking about them!

My personal favorite cases:

-"Princess Doe" was a teenage girl found dead in 1982 in New Jersey. Nobody's identified her yet, it's now been 24 years. Nor has her killer been arrested (that we know of).

-"Sharon Marshall" is one of many aliases used by a girl abducted by a pedophile known as Franklin Delano Floyd. This girl went by many other aliases as did her killer. She was an incredible child and was a "who's who" among high school students in 1986. Lots of twists and turns happened between then and 1990 when she was killed in a strange hit and run. I highly recommend the book "A Beautiful Child" by Matt Birkbeck to anyone who likes crime/mystery stories. It's better than CSI, trust me.

-Tara Calico disappeared in 1988. A year later, across the country, a picture of her bound and gagged was found near a Toyota van. Two more pictures turned up later. Whatever happened to her? Nobody's found out yet. She could be alive, could be dead.

This stuff is so interesting yet does cause me to lose sleep. I also fear so much for some of my friends who are now away at school because of this (especially the ladies--there seem to be more girls abducted than guys by a big margin).

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 01:04:09 PM »
AB nails it, really -- if you want scary, you really don't have to look any farther than many real life cases of kidnapping/murder.

An a completely different plane of "scary", we have this game.
~I.S.~

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 12:45:59 PM »
Go to the "horrors" section of Snopes.com.  There's some freaky stuff there.  Even if most of it isn't true, it still scares the crap out of me!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print