Print

Author Topic: My Spring Break, and Yours Too  (Read 1966 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »
So, yesterday, I got back from my spring break vacation, which was conspicuously shorter than spring break itself. The majority of it was spent with my family, something spring breaks whould never be spent with. Spring breaks should be spent in warm tropical climates, partyfying and fornimacating. However, I did get to stay at a pretty s****y hotel and go to Busch Gardens Europe in Virginia. I'll start with...

The Good
Of all the rollercoasters I got on, all of them were soul-crushingly badass. My original intention was to buy a T-shirt commemorating my triumph over each of them, although since my funds were not in the quadruple digets, I had to settle for a Big Bad Wolf T-shirt.
I rode every coaster in the park except for Apollo's Chariot and Griffon. I skipped Apollo's Chariot since it was near closing time and I got lost trying to find it, and I skipped Giffon since it scared the [dukar] out of me.
Of all the coasters I rode, Alpengeist was the most hardcore. No floor + being upside down more often than not = freakin' awesome. Even awesomer was the fact that the line was ridiculously short, for some reason.
I got a funnel cake and asked for a "very small amount" of powdered sugar on top. I later suffocated from the cloud of powdered sugar rising off the funnel cake and died.
At a nearby bookstore I bought the first two volumes of The Walking Dead.
I have a habit of drumming on flat objects when I'm bored. There was this one wood table in the lobby of the hotel I stayed at that created an absolutely rich, deep bass when drummed on. I was occupied for a good twenty minutes on that table. One guy started dancing to it.

The Bad
The line for Curse of DarKastle was a good 45 minute wait. That is approximately 600 times the length of the ride itself.
The #1 of theme park lines: the longer you wait in a line alone, the higher the chances of some jack*** accusing you of line-cutting so he can get ahead become. I myself got accused of line-cutting by a group of Russian tourists in line for DarKastle, and the backlash was so great I had to move BEHIND THEM to get everyone to shut the **** up.
Curse of DarKastle sucked. Imagine a simplified theme park version of the movie version of Disney's Haunted Mansion ride, dumb it up, and make it last four minutes.
I saw in the arcade a game called MTV DrumScape. Here's how it works: You pay $1.33 in tokens, pick a song (I chose "Simon Says" by Pharoah Monch because I had 30 seconds to choose, twenty of which were spent wading through Linkin Park and Rascal Flats), listen to the full song, and pretend to bang on a plastic drum set. I repeat: You pay money to listen to a song and slap some fake drums, which have no effect on the song itself.

Now you detail your spring break experience here.
every

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »
I went home with my family, spent most of my time playing Street Fighter 4 online, attempting to finish Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, chatting with my online friends, and helping my dad work on the new bathroom in my old room, as well as cleaning a UEI building during the weekdays.

Also, I tried to return my cable box at the beginning of that week but my sister and I got lost so I just brought it with me back home and kept it in a bag. My newest bill came in and they're chraging me $200 for not returning it that week. So now i have to call them and tell them to choke on something.

I was also supposed to do something with my IRL friends, but they never called me or anything to plan something. So they can bite me as well.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 07:07:02 PM »
I worked and got paid- wait, when was Spring Break? I think the twins were born at the beginning (March 23) so I had a good Break: I got to watch life come into the world. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 02:42:53 AM »
IT REALLY FUN WHEN IT COMES

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 02:52:23 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print