Print

Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 7214 times)

« on: April 16, 2009, 12:04:56 PM »
The next Harry Potter movie (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) is being pushed forward two ays. The release date is now July 15, 2009. YAY!

Please keep spoilers in a spoiler.

Countdown
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
Snape kills Dumbledore.

...or so I hear.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 12:09:16 PM »
Meh.  I stopped caring after the third movie; that and the ones after it really sucked.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 01:15:08 PM »
I can't wait for the new Harry Potter soda flavors coming out.

Potter Punch, Weasley Orange, and Grape Kills Dumbledore.
No! I don't want that!

Sqrt2

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »
The first two films were as good as I'd hoped, but the third and fourth ones weren't that good to be honest (I'm not sure about the fifth, having not seen it).

So to be honest, I'm not really that excited.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:01:10 PM »
I never liked Harry Potter becasue I had no motivation. I never bothered reading the books either.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »
The first two movies were good, but the other three were totally MEH.
However, the first three are worth watching with Rifftrax.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »
The third one was bad because the director was some random Mexican guy and the fourth one was inevitably disappointing because the book was so huge (not that that's any excuse. It was supposed to be a two-parter--let's hope they follow through with that on Deathly Hallows).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 07:37:27 PM »
However, the first three are worth watching with Rifftrax.
I need to do that someday. Sounds great.

I liked all the movies, but this coming from a person that read very little of the books, so that may/does influence the way I look at them. I'm not one-hundred percent sure, but I think I heard that they were going to extend the length of the sixth/seventh movie to fit in more book details/plot.
I'm a horrible person.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
I'm not much of a Potter fan, but I've heard that Snape kills Dumbledore, or something of the sort.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »
Deathly Hallows is going to be two films, yep. The downside is that that makes two movies in which Dumbledore is dead because Snape killed Dumbledore.

The first two movies were faithful to the books. The next three were unsatisfactory if you want carbon copies (though I did love The Goblet of Fire, except for the part where Dumbledore, who at this time had not been killed by Snape, gets real angry and violent and shakes Harry--not something he'd have done even if Snape were about to kill him). Even looking at them with no bias as a fan of the books I can imagine people being totally lost a lot of the time. Lots of things are completely unexplained or get very vague explanations. I hope that it's clear that Snape kills Dumbledore in Half-Blood Prince, and that Snape is the Half-Blood Prince, how that name works, and also that he killed Dumbledore. I was really relieved when I heard Deathly Hallows will be in two parts, so the important scenes will get the necessary attention, like when it's explained why Snape killed Dumbledore... but that's only a hope. I also hear the ending of Half-Blood Prince was rearranged a bit, especially Dumbledore's funeral which occurs after Snape kills Dumbledore. If that happens before, say, Snape kills Dumbledore, I'll probably be miffed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »
BP and I had fun talking about this at the IMAX when the trailer played before Watchmen.

I MEAN WE DIDN'T TALK IN THE THEATER BECAUSE Snape kills Dumbledore.
No! I don't want that!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 09:21:25 PM »
I'm sorry, but this thread already exists.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 11:16:20 PM »
Rao, c'mon, don't be such a Snape kills Dumbledore
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 11:21:31 PM »
Yeah, Rao, it's people like you that kill Dumbledore. Snape is a person like you.
No! I don't want that!

Print